Author Topic: Leftover Discussion Thread: AL Special Election  (Read 90618 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Leftover Discussion Thread: AL Special Election
« Reply #150 on: December 13, 2017, 03:33:40 am »
Here's what this means for the future.  If the swamp and the media can do this to Roy Moore in Alabama they can do it to anyone anywhere. There will be no more grassroots candidates win anywhere. If you don't get on your knees and kiss the right rings you can forget getting elected anywhere in this nation now.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #151 on: December 13, 2017, 03:33:52 am »
So!  Now that that's over...who wants to start a pool on what happens to these molesting charges against Moore?

In a few days you won't hear anymore about them....the MSM is after Trump now
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #152 on: December 13, 2017, 03:34:03 am »
So!  Now that that's over...who wants to start a pool on what happens to these molesting charges against Moore?

@corbe I think it's about time for a poll...first thing in the morning?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #153 on: December 13, 2017, 03:34:39 am »
The voters of Alabama chose him, Moore in the primaries, the Wapo came in with their story. I'm not just going to saddle certain parties with blame, it looks like there is a lot to go around.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #154 on: December 13, 2017, 03:34:54 am »
Sure   You keep believing that.   If they don’t pass tax reform and significant reform at that they have no chance.  Even with tax reform they are in trouble.  I have been voting republican since 1980 and this may be the first election I sit out.  A pox on all their houses

IMHO this election was the canary in the mine for the GOP in the upcoming mid terms.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #155 on: December 13, 2017, 03:35:13 am »
In a few days you won't hear anymore about them....the MSM is after Trump now

Yup.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #156 on: December 13, 2017, 03:35:21 am »
I'll start.  It will turn out the women were molested by Trump.

@corbe One answer for your poll....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #157 on: December 13, 2017, 03:36:00 am »

Why blame Mitch? Could it be that Roy was a S**t candidate...

You can get ready for this to be done to every GOP candidate they can. Every one will get the Herman Cain/Ted Cruz treatment.
The Republic is lost.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #158 on: December 13, 2017, 03:36:02 am »
So, Fox didn't get their polling perfect but I guess, better than those who said Moore was going to win. I also heard earlier, the turnout was 25% of eligible voters. I'd blame the voters as much as anyone if this is so and the Dems were more energized.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #159 on: December 13, 2017, 03:36:08 am »
Sessions gave up this seat for NOTHING...He's done JACK SQUAT!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #160 on: December 13, 2017, 03:36:17 am »
IMHO this election was the canary in the mine for the GOP in the upcoming mid terms.

The way the GOP has been acting, I don't much care if they lose.
I will NOT comply.

Online libertybele

« Reply #161 on: December 13, 2017, 03:36:46 am »
Now that the DEMS have won by way of sexual misconduct accusations they will continue to hound Trump and call for him to step down for sexual misconduct...the timing of the woman who has come forward (again) accusing Trump of groping is perfectly aligned with Jones' win.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #162 on: December 13, 2017, 03:36:56 am »
Could it be that Roy was a S**t candidate...

He was.  He never campaigned.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #163 on: December 13, 2017, 03:37:25 am »

word
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #164 on: December 13, 2017, 03:38:20 am »

This truth makes the Jones win so much more painful.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #165 on: December 13, 2017, 03:38:21 am »
So, Fox didn't get their polling perfect but I guess, better than those who said Moore was going to win. I also heard earlier, the turnout was 25% of eligible voters. I'd blame the voters as much as anyone if this is so and the Dems were more energized.

If I were in Alabama I would have stayed home.  You can only hold your nose so long.  The dems win twice here.  They get the seat and they get to paint conservative Christians as sanctimonious nut jobs
God is still in control

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #166 on: December 13, 2017, 03:38:29 am »
Does this mean Al Franken does have to resign? 

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #167 on: December 13, 2017, 03:38:34 am »
The GOP rank & file drew the wrong conclusion from 2016.  Unless the other side sends up Hillary, you're going to lose a competitive race with a weak candidate.  And with Trump cratering like I expected, they are pretty well screwed for the midterms.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #168 on: December 13, 2017, 03:38:45 am »
Guess riding around on a horse isn't the winning strategy it was........back in 1877.

Well,  that 1% of the power of the Senate looks pretty powerful when the split between the two halves is ~ 50%

That 1% can sometimes control 100% of the result.   

Big forces wanted to make sure that 1% ended up under their control. 

I wanted to make that point to you before,  but I couldn't think of the proper way to phrase it to make the point clear.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #169 on: December 13, 2017, 03:38:48 am »
You can get ready for this to be done to every GOP candidate they can. Every one will get the Herman Cain/Ted Cruz treatment.

Absolutely right!  You can count on it!  May not be sex but you can bet your azz that they will find, or manufacture, something and spin it till they get the outcome they want!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Variant

• Down with populism...
« Reply #170 on: December 13, 2017, 03:39:12 am »
Here's what this means for the future.  If the swamp and the media can do this to Roy Moore in Alabama they can do it to anyone anywhere. There will be no more grassroots candidates win anywhere. If you don't get on your knees and kiss the right rings you can forget getting elected anywhere in this nation now.

The populist portion of the voter base will continue to nominate fringe candidates unable to win statewide election... but they won't blame themselves when Democrats take control again.

Remember this happening for Harry Reid?  He was extremely vulnerable but the voters put up Sharon Angle instead...

The good news is the Democrats are as dysfunctional as we are, but they can certainly unite in opposition to Trump.

Online corbe

« Reply #171 on: December 13, 2017, 03:39:29 am »
   Remember the good ol days back in 2014~'BT' (before Trump)?

November 4, 2014

Nominee  Jeff Sessions   

Party Republican 

Popular vote

Percentage
97.3%

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #172 on: December 13, 2017, 03:39:36 am »
He may get his wish....better not lose the House or we will be covering impeachment proceedings in 2019

Who cares? Then we get Pence. He may be the better President anyway. I have no fear of impeachment.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #173 on: December 13, 2017, 03:39:37 am »
Last chance absentee votes... fingers crossed.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #174 on: December 13, 2017, 03:40:31 am »

They will evaporate like the morning dew.   They were always just a tool to stop Trump.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —