Author Topic: CNN Contributor: Media Mistakes Are Why People Should Trust The Media  (Read 349 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Say What?   ****slapping
 December 11, 2017 By The Federalist Staff   

During a segment on “Reliable Sources,” CNN contributor David Frum said Sunday that factual errors in reporting stories are precisely why people should trust the news media.

Frum then launched into a bizarre metaphor about astronomers and reporters. The gist is that journalism is “a process” and that mistakes “occur in the process of exposing the lies that the liars then complain about the mistakes.”

“The mistakes are precisely the reason the people should trust the media,” Frum told Brian Stelter. “Astronomers make mistakes all the time because science is a process of discovery of truth. Astrologers never make mistakes — or at least they never own up to them. Because what they are offering a closed system of ideology and propaganda.”

He then proceeded to offer an obtuse explanation of what truth is and how reporting the truth works.

https://thefederalist.com/2017/12/11/cnn-contributor-media-mistakes-people-trust-media/
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."