Author Topic: Flynn to testify Trump 'directed him to make contact with the Russians': report  (Read 15558 times)

Offline jpsb

Your the second Briefer in less than 12 hours that has offered me a Strait Jacket @jpsb
   I'm beginning to believe perhaps we are in some diabolical shift with this Super Moon tonight cause I'm usually always Right.

Enjoy the super moon, (I might go have a look) and be thank full The Donald is pres.

Offline corbe

Enjoy the super moon, (I might go have a look) and be thank full The Donald is pres.

I am very damn Thankful Donald Trump is my President @jpsb instead of hellary.

Before that Binary Choice you Think you left me, (Primary 2016) we were at a place where emotions OR intellect would suffice and the Trumpers took the path of least resistance in their hate for the GOP, which is something we all shared up till that point, we just disagreed on the Solution.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I thought so, glad you agree.

Just to make sure you're not being too cute by half, I did mean Cruz's response.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Smokin Joe

Once the trump-drooling starts, you can’t confuse them with facts, they’re much too smart for that!

:whistle:
Funny how that works, too.

Trump fully endorses Roy Moore
By Maegan Vazquez, CNN

Moore's response?

Moore expressed gratitude for Trump's public support.
"Thankful for President Trump's support. The America First agenda will #MAGA. Can't wait to help him #DrainTheSwamp.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/04/politics/trump-moore-endorsement-twitter/index.html

Pretty easy to see why the McConnells and Grahams don't want Moore.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Idiot

By Maegan Vazquez, CNN

Moore's response?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/04/politics/trump-moore-endorsement-twitter/index.html

:thumbsup:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

By Maegan Vazquez, CNN

Moore's response?

LOL! Ya think???
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Silver Pines

You have got to be crazy. We have our leader and he is fighting the good fight. Rally to Trump or lose your freedom and your country.

@josb

Dude, you got some fat guy sitting up in the Oval Office stuffing himself with McDonald’s, watching Fox and Friends, and watching the time until his next golf game.  Stop acting like he’s Alexander the Great, lol.

Offline DiogenesLamp

This won’t be tea drinking coastal elites or bourgeois intellectuals dumping the guy...it will be hard working and decent blue collar Americans asserting that our Senate is no place for child molesters.

Don't you mean "Witch Hunters"?   I've seen no proof of guilt yet.  The stories of the accusers have fallen apart,  and this thing appears to me now to be exactly what it looked like in the beginning.  A politically inspired hit piece that exploits psychologically disturbed women.   

You do know there are three witnesses that said Roy Moore never went to that "old hickory house"?   They also said they never saw Beverly Nelson working there.   

You may disagree with our view on this, but let’s not pretend this is some Washington elites turning on a good Christian man. The guy is a perv. Period.

Yeah, that Washington Post editor that started all these stories,  well his brother went before Judge Moore and was fined $50,000.00 for contempt,  and that's after he got out of prison.   

Obviously this editor has no interest in running damaging stories against Roy Moore.  He's objective and all.   

No,  it's looking pretty much like it really is a case of Washington Elites trying to halt the slide of power away from them.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Candidate Cruz v2020 will be able to pick off a lot of those disillusioned Trumpers in the next Primary, after all Trump did do what we knew he would do bamboozle the press and destroy the GOP, what more could a good Conservative hope for.

Point of order.   The GOP did most of the job before Trump ever said "boo!"

How many times did they vote to repeal Obamacare when Obama was President?    They are mostly a bunch of lying sacks of Obama and their voters have started realizing it.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Our country was lost the day he won the nomination...

Are you trying to convince me that you need to be added to the list of people I shouldn't take seriously?   

I saw someone earlier defending you as a thinking sort,  but you're not yet showing any evidence of it that I can discern.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Smokin Joe

Point of order.   The GOP did most of the job before Trump ever said "boo!"

How many times did they vote to repeal Obamacare when Obama was President?    They are mostly a bunch of lying sacks of Obama and their voters have started realizing it.
Not that I am a fan of Trump, but I think credit (and blame) should go where they belong.

If the GOP boys in Congress were to repeal Obamacare, root and branch, Trump would sign it. If they were to really reform taxes so the little guy (small businessmen) didn't get bit, Trump would sign it. If they were to fund the wall (serious, border infrastructure type security) Trump would sign it. If they reformed welfare, ramped up deportations, refused funding to jurisdictions acting contrary to Federal laws (pot or illegals being the two most popular), Trump would sign it.
But all that legislating stuff has to happen in Congress, and the GOP isn't putting the bills on his desk. That's where this buck never moved.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline aligncare

Not that I am a fan of Trump, but I think credit (and blame) should go where they belong.

If the GOP boys in Congress were to repeal Obamacare, root and branch, Trump would sign it. If they were to really reform taxes so the little guy (small businessmen) didn't get bit, Trump would sign it. If they were to fund the wall (serious, border infrastructure type security) Trump would sign it. If they reformed welfare, ramped up deportations, refused funding to jurisdictions acting contrary to Federal laws (pot or illegals being the two most popular), Trump would sign it.
But all that legislating stuff has to happen in Congress, and the GOP isn't putting the bills on his desk. That's where this buck never moved.

Credit where credit is due...

:thumbsup:  Good Post.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Spot on!
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Oceander

So basically, Trump will just sign whatever tripe is put in front of him?  He’s just a passive rubber-stamp?

Offline RetBobbyMI

So basically, Trump will just sign whatever tripe is put in front of him?  He’s just a passive rubber-stamp?
Not what he said. You missed the point.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Smokin Joe

I dunno. Do you have an inside track? Pray, tell us more?

That wasn't what I said, but I can guarantee you he WON"T  sign WHAT ISN'T PUT IN FRONT OF HIM.

Sheesh! *****rollingeyes*****

C S Lewis

Oceander

I dunno. Do you have an inside track? Pray, tell us more?

That wasn't what I said, but I can guarantee you he WON"T  sign WHAT ISN'T PUT IN FRONT OF HIM.

Sheesh! *****rollingeyes*****

No, your implied point was that the onus is all on Congress, and so we can’t blame Trump for not being more constructively involved in trying to get legislation done.  I.e., that the president is a rubber-stamp. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
No, your implied point was that the onus is all on Congress, and so we can’t blame Trump for not being more constructively involved in trying to get legislation done.  I.e., that the president is a rubber-stamp.

Well....as for presenting bills to be signed, yes, the onus is entirely on Congress. 

Offline DiogenesLamp

You I already have on my list of people who should not be taken seriously. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Oceander

Well....as for presenting bills to be signed, yes, the onus is entirely on Congress. 

And for influencing what gets drafted into the bill that gets presented ...?

Oh, wait, I forgot, absolutely nothing bad can be said about Saint Trump.  My bad.

Offline Smokin Joe

Oh, wait, I forgot, absolutely nothing bad can be said about Saint Trump.  My bad.
I have had plenty bad to say about Trump.

However, the task of writing legislation has been delegated to the Congress, which is given that legislative duty in the Constitution. The powers of the President to order things are neither as extensive nor as enduring as legislation which is presented to him by Congress, for his signature or veto.

It is up to the Congress to git 'er done, and up to the POTUS to sign off on it or veto it.

Deprived of the opportunity to exercise the power of his office by the absence of legislation from Congress, the POTUS has no Constitutional authority to do their job.

He can ask them to do things a certain way, but as we have seen, that doesn't mean a whole lot when the members of his Party are little better than a Democrat controlled Congress at getting the job done. How many 'straw votes' did they hold on repeal of the ACA, knowing full well that it would never be signed, and why haven't they just passed the 2007 Bill and presented it?

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Not by me.  I don't care for Trump, but he has a very mixed record at this point, which means he has done some good things.  I also think he is remarkably effective against the leftist media. 

Offline RoosGirl

You're a little ball of sunshine this morning; even more bally than usual.   :laugh:

Offline skeeter

Members who brook no criticism of Trump are not credible.

But neither are those members who have nothing but criticism for him.

Offline Night Hides Not

Apologies for skipping the first eight pages of this thread, but my BS detector goes on full alert when I see a story about General Flagg, I mean Flynn.

Flynn is a retired 3 star general. For the last 10-15 years of his military career, his rear was getting smooched daily by adoring subordinates. He was the master of his universe.

So Trump "directs" him to talk to the Russians, and now says he was wrong to do so? I simply am unable to believe that Flynn would agree to such an order if he thought it was unlawful.

My, my, my...today's officer corps is a far cry from what I remember...last week, I celebrated the 33rd anniversary of my discharge from the Army. It was hastened by an LTC who would have worked well with Flynn. My efforts were not wasted, though. A bird colonel I knew reached out to me several months later, to let me know said LTC didn't make the list for the War College.

He would make Colonel, but no War College, no stars.

8 years were plenty for me...marriage and fatherhood would have never occurred had I stayed in.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.