Author Topic: Flynn to testify Trump 'directed him to make contact with the Russians': report  (Read 15540 times)

Offline Fantom

They wouldn't lose a seat. The Governor would appoint someone to fill the seat until an election is held...in which a Republican would almost certainly win.

The GOPE would lose a lot of seats.

If they did not seat the Honorable Roy Moore. Why would any honorable Conservative bother to show up at the next poll?
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

Your reading skills are a tad off. Once he is elected, he's a member. It does NOT say he must be a member at the time of his infraction or bad behavior. "Expel a member" is the power granted, nowhere in the preambulatory phrase does it make that power dependent on the offense occurring while in office. The clause, in fact, goes out of its way to grant a broad power of expulsion, dependent ONLY on the "House" ability to muster a 2/3 majority.

So, no need for "better luck"...just better reading skills and constitutional study on your part.

So you anti-Americans... that is you would not seat a dully elected Senator because of what... democat/gope accusations , proven false...lol.  Get you some 67 votes in the Senate for that.  :rolling:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
At this point, I hope Moore wins. It will hold the seat for the GOP, and he will never actually be seated before his fellow Republicans expel him from the Senate. Then we can replay this whole election process minus Moore, and perhaps get a Republican who is not a child molester.

The man is despicable.
Catherine, is that you?

(You can't UN-seat someone unless you seat them first.)  But the panic in DC that would be caused by someone up there who would call out some of the scams going on in Mordor/Sodom on the Potomac is so intense the CIA is probably already working on the cartoon about how the defective cigarette lighter in the cockpit brought his plane to DC down.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 07:47:13 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Mesaclone

So you anti-Americans... that is you would not seat a dully elected Senator because of what... democat/gope accusations , proven false...lol.  Get you some 67 votes in the Senate for that.  :rolling:

First, the “accusations” have not been proven false...nor, to be fair...have they been proven true. But an election...and even a Senatorial expulsion...is not a trial. If 67 members of the Senate determine any other member is unfit to serve, the Constitution grants them the power to expel. The clause in question give the Senate VERY broad authority to determine what is an expellable offense.

So, while the accusations are not conclusive evidence of guilt in a trial setting, they are nonetheless sufficiently credible for a political determination...a determination which the Constitution itself empowers 67 Senators to make. Just like Franken and Conyers, a POLITICAL determination can and should be made leading to expulsion.

If, as some are saying, such an act will make GOP voters not vote in subsequent elections...because they are insufficiently outraged over a 32 year old prosecutor dating under age teenagers...that is a decision each voter must make from their own conscience. The Senate cannot fail to act in an ethical manner...by expelling such reprobates...because it fears losing votes. Ethics and integrity must override the desire to gain such dubious support IMHO.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 02:34:45 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
First, the “accusations” have not been proven false...nor, to be fair...have they been proven true. But an election...and even a Senatorial expulsion...is not a trial. If 67 members of the Senate determine any other member is unfit to serve, the Constitution grants them the power to expel. The clause in question give the Senate VERY broad authority to determine what is an expellable offense.

So, while the accusations are not conclusive evidence of guilt in a trial setting, they are nonetheless sufficiently credible for a political determination...a determination which the Constitution itself empowers 67 Senators to make. Just like Franken and Conyers, a POLITICAL determination can and should be made leading to expulsion.

If, as some are saying, such an act will make GOP voters not vote in subsequent elections...because they are insufficiently outraged over a 32 year old prosecutor dating under age teenagers...that is a decision each voter must make from their own conscience. The Senate cannot fail to act in an ethical manner...by expelling such reprobates...because it fears losing votes. Ethics and integrity must override the desire to gain such dubious support IMHO.

@Mesaclone

We get it!  You and a few others here don't think the "gap-toothed hicks" in Alabama, or anywhere else for that matter, should be allowed to pick their own representatives!  They should just stand down and let their betters in Washington along with their media pals dictate to them who will represent them but thankfully MOST of us don't see things that way and you lose again!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RetBobbyMI

@Mesaclone

We get it!  You and a few others here don't think the "gap-toothed hicks" in Alabama, or anywhere else for that matter, should be allowed to pick their own representatives!  They should just stand down and let their betters in Washington along with their media pals dictate to them who will represent them but thankfully MOST of us don't see things that way and you lose again!
That damned Yankee mentality @Mesaclone seems to have, is what cause the war of northern aggression.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline aligncare

That damned Yankee mentality @Mesaclone seems to have, is what cause the war of northern aggression.

Don’t paint with such a broad brush. I’m a Yankee and I think Roy Moore should be seated if he can overcome this phony boloney political attack and win this election. He would make a welcome addition to the senate.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Don’t paint with such a broad brush. I’m a Yankee and I think Roy Moore should be seated if he can overcome this phony boloney political attack and win this election. He would make a welcome addition to the senate.
I was referring specifically to his nonsense.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline jpsb

And likewise, I would have supported Cruz. But unfortunately, he could not beat Hillary and that "Trumps" everything in my opinion...she wins, the country goes down IMHO.

I'd vote for @Frank Cannon or @RoosGirl to keep Hilary out of the Oval Office. Hell I'd even vote of @Cripplecreek (and I can't stand him) to keep the witch out.

Offline RoosGirl

I'd vote for @Frank Cannon or @RoosGirl to keep Hilary out of the Oval Office. Hell I'd even vote of @Cripplecreek (and I can't stand him) to keep the witch out.

I would do the better job because I'm a woman.

Oceander

:thumbsup:

Oceander

Sorry, but that ain’t it. Southern born and bred and I agree with him. 

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Sorry, but that ain’t it. Southern born and bred and I agree with him.

And I seriously doubt there is a person here who will be surprised that you do!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

And I seriously doubt there is a person here who will be surprised that you do!

That I agree with mesaclone on something should come as a big surprise, since I rarely agree with him.  Perhaps that should suggest where the better argument lies.

Offline aligncare

No, being a woman has nothing to do with it; lacking a penis is key.

Eunuchs for president!

Yes, yes I know I mis-defined eunuch...
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 04:47:45 pm by aligncare »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
That I agree with mesaclone on something should come as a big surprise, since I rarely agree with him.  Perhaps that should suggest where the better argument lies.

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RoosGirl

Eunuchs for president!

Then I am doubly qualified!

Offline jpsb

I see some folks around here have been watching MSNBC. They’re fitting Trump for the electric chair over at that nut house. Rachel Maddow is doing her show from her prayer rug.

:silly:

If you go here pic.twitter.com/oGAhcSzmzi and scroll down (6 wheel spins) you'll see the view react
to the (fake) news that Flynn would testify that CANDIDATE Trump instructed him to connect the
Russians.

I do not know how to link to a tweet, but the reaction by the girls on the view is an eye opener
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 05:27:13 pm by jpsb »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
If you go here pic.twitter.com/oGAhcSzmzi and scroll down (6 wheel spins) you'll see the view react
to the (fake) news that Flynn would testify that CANDIDATE Trump instructed him to connect the
Russians.

I do not know how to link to a tweet, but the reaction by the girl on the view is an eye opener

That is pretty astonishing.  (And, I don't know how to link to Twitter vids either)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Eunuchs for president!

Yes, yes I know I mis-defined eunuch...

We elected a reality TV star president.  The people of VA sent a tranny to the legislature.  Combining the two would fulfill your statement.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Do you also wear Enjoli?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q0P94wyBYk
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline jpsb

If I may interject. Free Republic is pro-Trump and was anti-Cruz...

I’m pretty sure that’s what corbe is getting at.

FR was pro-Cruz and pro-Trump until Cruz condemned the Trump campaign (not the
rioters) when a riot broke out in Chicago and a Trump rally had to be cancelled. After that
entirely self serving mischaracterization of the Trump campaign FR turned pro-Trump
and anti-Cruz.

Cruz was not served well by his dirty campaign managers.

Offline jpsb

They wouldn't lose a seat. The Governor would appoint someone to fill the seat until an election is held...in which a Republican would almost certainly win.

And whats to stop Moore from running again? The people of Alabama do not believe these 40
year old accusations and neither do I.

Offline jpsb

I'll bet the White House food would be better and healthier, and the sheets cleaner. If that's what
you mean by doing a better job then I agree.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
FR was pro-Cruz and pro-Trump until Cruz condemned the Trump campaign (not the
rioters) when a riot broke out in Chicago and a Trump rally had to be cancelled. After that
entirely self serving mischaracterization of the Trump campaign FR turned pro-Trump
and anti-Cruz.

Cruz was not served well by his dirty campaign managers.

Ah, revisionist history is not confined to the left.