Author Topic: Flynn to testify Trump 'directed him to make contact with the Russians': report  (Read 15616 times)

Offline Mesaclone

Trump's willingness to commit treason isn't about harming America. The harm to America is incidental and meaningless ass long as Trump gets what he alone wants.

Creating an alternate fantasy universe...not the best sign of your mental health situation. Unless, of course, you're a Democrat...in which case that's just the norm.

Meanwhile, back on planet Earth.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
.....ass long as Trump gets what he alone wants.

Your Fruedian slip is showing......
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline aligncare

I see some folks around here have been watching MSNBC. They’re fitting Trump for the electric chair over at that nut house. Rachel Maddow is doing her show from her prayer rug.

:silly:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 08:26:10 pm by aligncare »

Offline RetBobbyMI

Gone for an hour and am 5 pages behind.  If this is all they can get on Flynn, then they have nothing on Trump either.  The charging sheet on Flynn only says he was "directed by a senior transition team member".  That certainly doesn't mean Trump, although the media is trying to spin it that way.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 08:26:14 pm by RetBobbyMI »
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
I see some folks around here have been watching MSNBC. They’re fitting Trump for the electric chair over at that nut house. Rachel Maddow is doing her show from her prayer rug.

That's on purpose. A large segment of the population only remembers the first thing they hear, especially if it is what they want to hear. So you get the most damaging rumor out first. By the time the truth comes out, people have already swallowed the rumor. I noticed this phenomena during the Iran-Contra Days. NPR was spinning out every rumor they could find.
Countdown to Resignation

Online corbe

We should be glad of that, as Cruz would have lost badly and we'd be watching Hillary rule the nation as President/Dictator....with a 5 person liberal majority on the Supreme Court. Not sure why you'd find that outcome an improvement over the current situation by hey....whatever floats your boat.

@Mesaclone

Purely conjecture on your part, you don't know this $hit to be true anymore than Cruz's Dad was in on the JFK crap.
   Is FR missing you?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Rachel Maddow is doing her show from her prayer rug.

Her biggest erection since the old tax return.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
A breaking report from ABC News indicates that Flynn is prepared to testify that Trump directed him to make contact with the Russians — initially to lay the groundwork for mutual efforts against ISIS in Syria.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/454269/michael-flynn-plea-no-breakthrough-russia-investigation

So that's what Dems are going to impeach Trump for... for going after Isis?

Why has the news media left that detail out I wonder?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Its just going to get worse.

Sessions can't say whether Trump pressured him to shut down the Russia investigation. Its a simple yes or no question and giving a non committal answer just says that he knows others are going to say something else.

Personally I prefer presidents who weren't captured by Putin.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Mueller has been fishing for a long time and so far has come up dry of Russian collusion.  He will likely continue his fishing expedition and still never catch the big one.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Idiot

Sessions can't say whether Trump pressured him to shut down the Russia investigation. Its a simple yes or no question and giving a non committal answer just says that he knows others are going to say something else.

I can't believe you are here on this site.  I figured you'd be busy at your regular job.

Mr. Scrooge

Online corbe

“I’ll never forget that night we spent together watching Brokeback Mountain,” he added. “And talking until the sun came up.”
~ obummer
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/454269/michael-flynn-plea-no-breakthrough-russia-investigation

So that's what Dems are going to impeach Trump for... for going after Isis?

Why has the news media left that detail out I wonder?

Because they need to keep this lame story alive through the weekend to get Matt Lauer off the Sunday show topic list.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
And likewise, I would have supported Cruz. But unfortunately, he could not beat Hillary and that "Trumps" everything in my opinion...she wins, the country goes down IMHO.

Glad to know that your clairvoyance is still working!  I, for one think you are FOS and that Cruz would have beaten Hillary like a drum but we will never know now will we?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mesaclone

Glad to know that your clairvoyance is still working!  I, for one think you are FOS and that Cruz would have beaten Hillary like a drum but we will never know now will we?

Clairvoyance, huh? That's your argument?

All those midwestern blue collar folks...many of them Dems and/or previous non-voters....who put Trump over the top by such slim margins in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan...disappear if the candidate is anyone else. No, there is no 100% proof of this...there never is in politics...but any rational review of the election makes it very clear that Trump brought out, and brought over, a big chunk of voters in that region who were "his" folks (not loyal to either party). You can fantasize about Ted Cruz if you like, but if you could take off your "fanboy" hat for two minutes you'd reach the same conclusion I have. That being, that almost certainly, the difference in winning and losing this election lay in the ability of Trump to win those very "blue wall states" I mentioned above. Is it possible someone like Cruz could have won...sure...its also possible the sun will explode tomorrow. Dealing in realistic possibilities, you really can't make a strong argument that anyone not named Trump breaks that blue wall.

Offline aligncare

Clairvoyance, huh? That's your argument?

All those midwestern blue collar folks...many of them Dems and/or previous non-voters....who put Trump over the top by such slim margins in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan...disappear if the candidate is anyone else. No, there is no 100% proof of this...there never is in politics...but any rational review of the election makes it very clear that Trump brought out, and brought over, a big chunk of voters in that region who were "his" folks (not loyal to either party). You can fantasize about Ted Cruz if you like, but if you could take off your "fanboy" hat for two minutes you'd reach the same conclusion I have. That being, that almost certainly, the difference in winning and losing this election lay in the ability of Trump to win those very "blue wall states" I mentioned above. Is it possible someone like Cruz could have won...sure...its also possible the sun will explode tomorrow. Dealing in realistic possibilities, you really can't make a strong argument that anyone not named Trump breaks that blue wall.

I like Senator Cruz, but what you say here rings true.

Offline Mesaclone

@Mesaclone

Purely conjecture on your part, you don't know this $hit to be true anymore than Cruz's Dad was in on the JFK crap.
   Is FR missing you?

Full disclosure. I have never even seen that website, much less could I be missed there. Not even sure what it would mean if I were missed...is it some sort of bad thing to have gone to that site? What is it you mean, actually?

Online corbe

Usually the level of Trump love and Cruz fear, which I think your post indicated is reserved for a class of denizens called Freepers, I wrongly assumed they were missing one of their own.  Thanks for clearing that up for me.

added @Mesaclone
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 10:50:31 pm by corbe »

Offline aligncare

Full disclosure. I have never even seen that website, much less could I be missed there. Not even sure what it would mean if I were missed...is it some sort of bad thing to have gone to that site? What is it you mean, actually?

If I may interject. Free Republic is pro-Trump and was anti-Cruz...

I’m pretty sure that’s what corbe is getting at.

Online corbe

Thank you @aligncare that was pretty much it, It's way to early for us Cruzers (NT'ers) to be trolled so easily.

Offline Mesaclone

Usually the level of Trump love and Cruz fear, which I think your post indicated is reserved for a class of denizens called Freepers, I wrongly assumed they were missing one of their own.  Thanks for clearing that up for me.

added @Mesaclone

So what part of my saying I'd have voted for him if he'd won the nomination made you think I had "Cruz fear" or that I was a Free Republic site frequenter? I can like the man, but understand that he could not have won a general election...analysis requires setting aside one's partisan hat and just looking at the context and data.

Online corbe

So what part of my saying I'd have voted for him if he'd won the nomination made you think I had "Cruz fear" or that I was a Free Republic site frequenter? I can like the man, but understand that he could not have won a general election...analysis requires setting aside one's partisan hat and just looking at the context and data.

@Mesaclone 

The bolded part above is usually said only by the most ardent Trumpers/Cruz Haters (Freepers) and it is the same BS that was in your 'O'riginal post.
   I just disagree with your 'analysis' and as another Briefer pointed out, you just don't know this $hit, none of us do.  If you have any VALID polling data to support your assertion it is probably on the Model including the same flawed data that said hellary would win the night of the election.

Offline aligncare

Again, nothing I would disagree with here. That was basically my position when deciding on which candidate to support.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
We'd have to arrest Jimmy Carter under the Logan Act if that were true
Obama is still junketing like we were paying for it, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Mesaclone

Again, nothing I would disagree with here. That was basically my position when deciding on which candidate to support.

I've noticed with a lot of Cruz folks...its Cruz or the highway. I can like Cruz as a leader and candidate, and yet see that Trump was a better fit for this election given both the climate and the demographics we faced...there is a time for the "bull in the China shop" and a time for the steadfast conservative intellectual. This election was a street brawl, and without a street brawler we had no chance of stopping Hillary. JUST MY OPINION, so not sure why Corbe feels the need to say I'm full of crap etcetera. I respect his disagreement, but I like to think we're all on the same side here.

I've seen how southern conservatives do in Wisconsin, Michigan and especially Pennsylvania since Reagan...and its generally not great. Those state are full of blue collar middle class folks that don't care so much about Magna Carta, John Locke, and Adam Smith...much less Baptist style preaching...all things Cruz is embodies. Rather, these folks care about jobs and simple concepts like "a wall" and "respecting police and our flag" and "not being dependent on government". To the Left these people are ignorant morons, but what they really are is the embodiment of hard nosed, hard working family folks...real Americans. To many of them, Cruz is an overly educated preacher...a bit of a snob. They see Trump as the champion of their values...a street fighter like they are.

I am not arguing these perceptions to be right or wrong, they simply are...pretending otherwise is often why we lose elections in these rustbelt steps.

Might Cruz have broken that cycle in states like Pennsylvania and Michigan...sure, its possible. Was it far more likely someone like Trump would do so...c'mon, you almost have to admit that much, right?

There will be a time for a more intellectual guy like Cruz to step in to high office...maybe in 2024...but this election just wasn't it IMHO.