Author Topic: Members Of Congress And Media “Stunned” That Trump Is Still Standing & Fighting Back  (Read 2015 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Members Of Congress And Media “Stunned” That Trump Is Still Standing & Fighting Back
DC Whispers, Nov 28, 2017

He wasn’t supposed to win. But he did.  He wasn’t supposed to have survived the onslaught of media backlash since taking office.  But he has.

Today members of Congress and the media are said to be amazed by Donald Trump’s resiliency and ability to continue fighting back against the ongoing effort to diminish and/or destroy his presidency.

“They (House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer) attended a budget meeting with White House officials very recently and apparently left that meeting spitting mad. They weren’t upset by policy differences so much as personality clashes. They truly despise this president. It’s all they think of – how to get him out. The whole system is pressuring figures like Pelosi and Ryan and McConnell to do something about what is being called the ‘Trump problem’. The lobbyists that grew so fat during the Obama years might be the most upset of all. They can’t figure the President out and it has them scared. They’re used to intimidating politicians into giving them what they want. Trump won’t be intimidated. It’s a whole new world for them and they don’t like it one bit.”

Read more at http://dcwhispers.com/members-of-congress-and-media-stunned-that-trump-is-still-standing-fighting-back/#7LT2zLjcuKlkV76A.99

Offline Frank Cannon

It's because people like Donny. They hate all these Leftist Upper East Side turds.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
It's because people like Donny. They hate all these Leftist Upper East Side turds.

I know I do.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Members Of Congress And Media “Stunned” That Trump Is Still Standing & Fighting Back

I am stunned that people ever thought it should be done any other way.   

Reagan was too nice.  HW Bush was an absolute p***y.   Bush II listened too much to his dad and Karl Rove instead of attacking the opposition party in the manner they deserved. 

Finally we have someone who knows who his enemies are,  and what to do about them. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline endicom

Reagan was too nice.  HW Bush was an absolute p***y.   Bush II listened too much to his dad and Karl Rove instead of attacking the opposition party in the manner they deserved. 

Finally we have someone who knows who his enemies are,  and what to do about them.

This is why so many people can overlook Trump's foibles. They wouldn't care if he wore Melania's undies as long as he kept fighting the fight in them.

Offline skeeter

Its like watching the Washington Generals suddenly come alive and begin kicking Meadowlark Lemon's ass.

He's not winning all his battles, but he sure is triggering all the right people.

Offline DiogenesLamp

This is why so many people can overlook Trump's foibles. They wouldn't care if he wore Melania's undies as long as he kept fighting the fight in them.

In reply to comments about General Grant’s drinking problems, Lincoln said: “Find out what whiskey he drinks and send all of my generals a case, if it will get the same results.” –
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

:laugh: It is this comedy that keeps me coming back.  Good one.

Offline endicom

He's not winning all his battles...

Nor did the Romans. But they kept fighting and won enough of the wars.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Its like watching the Washington Generals suddenly come alive and begin kicking Meadowlark Lemon's ass.

He's not winning all his battles, but he sure is triggering all the right people.

Yup.   The comparison between the GOPe and the  "Washington Generals"   is about the most accurate analogy ever.   

Way past time we started punching back hard. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen: again.   

He's keeping a smile on my face with that alone!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author

Can't Count the instances of bitchin' around here about Trump's tweets being 'Un-Presidential'

And look where being more concerned with the Etiquette of 'Presidential Decorum' than being Democrat-ed has led us.

I don't Care if the man wants to use twitter.

I don't Care if his detractors paint him as a 'Crashing Boor.'

I Care that he's getting Results that I want gotten.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Concerned

No major legislative achievements to date.  No “lock her up”, no “drain the swamp”, no naming China a currency manipulator, no proposing a Constitutional Amendment on term limits within the first 100 days, no repeal and replace, no wall, no Mexico paying for the wall, and North Korea is closer than ever to being able to attack the US with a nuke.  Meanwhile, Trump is spending his time with petty squabbles, fighting with political enemies, and people are celebrating it.   It’s simply amazing to me.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Online corbe

Ya knew some Cruzer had to come along and pizz on yall's parade. 
    The guy is an Idiot but he's MY Idiot, at least until January 2021.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Oceander

Can't Count the instances of bitchin' around here about Trump's tweets being 'Un-Presidential'

And look where being more concerned with the Etiquette of 'Presidential Decorum' than being Democrat-ed has led us.

What sorts of results would that be?  No wall.  No repeal of Obamacare.  Anti-immigrant executive orders stymied in the courts.  Etc, etc, etc. 

But at least his thumbs get a damned good work out doing all that twittering. 

• Wulf Anson Author
What sorts of results would that be?  No wall.  No repeal of Obamacare.  Anti-immigrant executive orders stymied in the courts.  Etc, etc, etc.

No wall.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/border-patrol-union-chief-praises-miraculous-drop-in-illegal-immigration-under-trump/article/2628828

Anti-immigrant executive orders stymied in the courts.
And he's returned to those same Courts again and again to have Their Interfering Activist meddlings corrected.

Like all the posts you've hung up here backing your hit and run one liners that he's a petulant child?

James Mattis: YOU'RE HIRED
Betsy DeVoss: YOU'RE HIRED
Nicky Haley: YOU'RE HIRED
Scott Pruitt: YOU'RE HIRED
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline Fantom

Regulations being eliminated, 3.3% GDP growth, Gorsuch..and the rest of the Judicial appointments, wall funding and development... check, illegal- alien enforcement of our laws..check, leftist obama/judges exposed...check, Stunning overseas sucsess.....I Mean WOW on that one.

Last , but not least...your Meds being doubled... Winning I can so get used too.  :rolling:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline DiogenesLamp

Exactly.  I take the position about Trump's boorishness and tweets that Lincoln did with Grant's drinking. 

"Find out what whiskey he drinks and send all of my generals a case, if it will get the same results."

And look at the GROPER-DAMMERUNG !   Many of our enemies are just dropping like flies,  and I cannot help but feel that Trump triggered this somehow.   

Is this guy lucky or what?   
— Lord Melbourne —

• Wulf Anson Author

Exactly.  I take the position about Trump's boorishness and tweets that Lincoln did with Grant's drinking. 

"Find out what whiskey he drinks and send all of my generals a case, if it will get the same results."

And look at the GROPER-DAMMERUNG !   Many of our enemies are just dropping like flies,  and I cannot help but feel that Trump triggered this somehow.   

Is this guy lucky or what?

I like the Grant analogy.

But I also believe it goes beyond being Lucky.

It usually pays to be underestimated by your enemies.

• Wulf Anson Author
@DiogenesLamp

check the Date on this story.

About a week to 10 days before Mount Groper started belching out dirty Democrats

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/01/grassley-congress-harassment-training-244395

Was Grassley working the inside track with Trump on this one, once They knew about the Rat Plot to lynch Roy Moore?

I have no way of knowing but it is fun to think that together they gamed the Rats at their own game.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Maybe Trump took a page from the Clintons and ordered the FBI files.
Countdown to Resignation

• Wulf Anson Author
Maybe Trump took a page from the Clintons and ordered the FBI files.

MAYBE, Chuck Grassley who is Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee and has been Boots on the Ground, Azz in the Grass BTDT for Years in the midst of all these Democrat scoundrels already Knew who the dirty ones were and had himself a chat with the President - in between helping Trump get all of those Judicial Nominees confirmed - about how to Clear Some of those Rat Obstructions to Confirmation Off The Damn Roadway!

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Franken and Menendez in the Senate have the Democrats frozen. Every time they try to say something, everyone just points at those two. Conyers is just the cherry on top.
Countdown to Resignation

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
MAYBE, Chuck Grassley who is Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee and has been Boots on the Ground, Azz in the Grass BTDT for Years in the midst of all these Democrat scoundrels already Knew who the dirty ones were and had himself a chat with the President - in between helping Trump get all of those Judicial Nominees confirmed - about how to Clear Some of those Rat Obstructions to Confirmation Off The Damn Roadway!

@To-Whose-Benefit?

I wish I could believe that! I truly do!  But I can't! Grassely has been happily wallowing in the sewer for FAR too long.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

• Wulf Anson Author
@To-Whose-Benefit?

I wish I could believe that! I truly do!  But I can't! Grassely has been happily wallowing in the sewer for FAR too long.

@Bigun

Before Grassley went to Judiciary he went after medical/junk medical corruption with a Louisville Slugger studded with nails, near non-stop. Considering that the GOP is deeper in Big Pharma's pockets than the Dems, as a rule, to my mind that speaks highly of the man.

http://psychroaches.blogspot.com/search/label/Grassley