Author Topic: Poll: Roy Moore Opens Up Seven-Point Lead over Democrat Doug Jones in Alabama Senate Race  (Read 7644 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I've argued that the Constitution's guarantee of equal protection extends to gays who want to marry their adult partners under the civil law.   You're apparently defending a hypocrite who in his thirties made himself a community nuisance picking up young teenagers around town.

Is this the kind of man a Christian conservative should want to defend?  Go ahead and do so, but keep in mind that those who defend Moore sully their own reputations in doing so.   

@Jazzhead
I was pointing out the blatant hypocrisy by someone who thinks homosexual behavior is normal and good.   Which means you are a very poor judge of what constitutes perversion.

The social norms of our behavior have been codified into law.  In this case a 35 yr old dating 17 yr old is not illegal.   Certainly distasteful and makes me question who he professes to be.   This unusual and distasteful behavior was quite normal 100 years ago.

The behavior you continuously endorse was not unknown but was not socially accepted.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The behavior you continuously endorse was not unknown but was not socially accepted.

Now that behavior is accept by some, and the power of the legal system is being used to force those that don't to not only "accept," but "celebrate" the behavior once considered unacceptable, or lose their liberty and be put out of business.  To thunderous applause, I'll add.

And those applauding call themselves "conservative" while writing you out of the Party.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon your irritating me. I made a great joke on this thread poking fun at Roy and not a peep from you, but heaven forbid I say something mildly complimentary about him and you are all up in my grill. You're a kooky broad.

@Frank Cannon

Love me, love my kink kook.   Let me scroll to see what witticism you have unleashed.

Silver Pines

Roy Moore is up?

Did he walk by a school?

@Frank Cannon

Lmao

Well-played

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Now that behavior is accept by some, and the power of the legal system is being used to force those that don't to not only "accept," but "celebrate" the behavior once considered unacceptable, or lose their liberty and be put out of business.  To thunderous applause, I'll add.

And those applauding call themselves "conservative" while writing you out of the Party.

How did this thread about Roy Moore end up being an argument about homosexuality?

Just askin'
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
How did this thread about Roy Moore end up being an argument about homosexuality?

Just askin'

It is an internet rule.  Any thread that goes long enough will eventually turn into a homo and/or Muslim bashing thread.

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
It is an internet rule.  Any thread that goes long enough will eventually turn into a homo and/or Muslim bashing thread.

Looks that way.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
To get back on track, I think there should be some way to prosecute or at least shame false accusers.

They are the enemy of women who have actually been abused when they make up stuff for whatever reason ... money, revenge, political goals.

Anita Hill was rewarded with a college professor job she was about as qualified for as Faith Hill.

She almost ruined a good man and sullied his life and I believe she was in cahoots with a murderer.  (have to look that up)

Anyway, who was the first woman who attempted to destroy Moore and why?  Who contacted her, who paid her?

Offline driftdiver

To get back on track, I think there should be some way to prosecute or at least shame false accusers.

They are the enemy of women who have actually been abused when they make up stuff for whatever reason ... money, revenge, political goals.

Anita Hill was rewarded with a college professor job she was about as qualified for as Faith Hill.

She almost ruined a good man and sullied his life and I believe she was in cahoots with a murderer.  (have to look that up)

Anyway, who was the first woman who attempted to destroy Moore and why?  Who contacted her, who paid her?

The Washington Post was involved so it most certainly goes to the eGOP & Soros crowd.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Just askin'

Oh, it's just the usual weak tactic of discrediting the messenger (Jazzhead)  when there's no moral argument to be made against the message.  Defending Roy Moore is defending the indefensible.   That's my message.  But with the retort that I "support homosexuals",  folks can go on keeping their eyes wide shut to this lawless hypocrite.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

No one's asking you to "celebrate" anything.  Just do as you've promised -  not exactly the toughest standard to live up to, wouldn't you say?   

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
No one's asking you to "celebrate" anything.  Just do as you've promised -  not exactly the toughest standard to live up to, wouldn't you say?

Only for certain ones though, those that fall in the correct part of the political spectrum. Those that are not get unequal application of the 14th amendment.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
@Jazzhead
I was pointing out the blatant hypocrisy by someone who thinks homosexual behavior is normal and good.   Which means you are a very poor judge of what constitutes perversion.

Wrong.   I don't think "homosexual behavior" per se is "normal and good",  because homosexual behavior includes a wide variety of behaviors, some abhorrent (trolling the bathhouses) and some respectable (seeking to marry and be true to one's partner).   By the same token,  I don't think "heterosexual behavior" is per se normal and good.   Have you stayed true to your spouse, even when times were tough?   Then that's good.   Do you troll the malls looking for jailbait?  Then that's bad.

Where we differ is that you won't even admit to the possibility that a homosexual couple can act morally.   Your religion condemns all homosexual behavior without regard to the context.   That's why I left your religion - it ignores Christ's message.   

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Oh, it's just the usual weak tactic of discrediting the messenger (Jazzhead)  when there's no moral argument to be made against the message.  Defending Roy Moore is defending the indefensible.   That's my message.  But with the retort that I "support homosexuals",  folks can go on keeping their eyes wide shut to this lawless hypocrite.

This one has a serious persecution complex.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Well, you could stop this foray into homosexuality if you would say something like, "this isn't about homosexuality, it's about classless women lying about a good man."

Or something like that.

But you just love to play the martyr.  I told you the other day that I didn't like people using homosexuality against you when you made an unrelated comment, but now I'm wondering if you are a party to it.

Offline driftdiver

@Jazzhead
No it was about about your stunning hypocrisy of thinking you're the judge of whats perversion.   Moore has admitted to liking younger girls, the credible reports show this to be in the range of 16-17yrs old.   Certainly abnormal these days for an adult male to be chasing girls of this age.  Less unusual when it occurred 40 years ago.

However its only an issue with you since he professes to be a Christian and he's chasing girls.   If he was chasing young boys then you'd declare it to be protected and normal.

The reality of it is that its only been in the last 50 years or so that its been socially improper for men of this age to date girls 16-17 yrs old.   In many states it is legal for 13-15 year olds to get married, still is in some states.  This is consistent with most cultures since ancient times.   In ancient Rome the legal age for marriage was 14. 

So yes its abnormal now and I question who this guy really is.  But indefensible?  The only thing indefensible is what radicals have done over the last 20 years to normalize what has been considered perversion for thousands of years.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
The Washington Post was involved so it most certainly goes to the eGOP & Soros crowd.

Have you actually read the article?   It is well-sourced, on the record, and corroborated journalism.   

Offline driftdiver

Have you actually read the article?   It is well-sourced, on the record, and corroborated journalism.   

@Jazzhead
lol well sourced, right

The initial charge was from a woman how court records show had her divorce decided upon by the judge.   And it didn't go in her favor.

well sourced like a forged year book?

well sourced indeed

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
@Jazzhead

However its only an issue with you since he professes to be a Christian and he's chasing girls.   If he was chasing young boys then you'd declare it to be protected and normal.

That's crap and you know it.  I've never defended sexual predation against minors,  whether the perpetrators be gay or straight.   

And no, 40 years ago wasn't much different than today.   Adults trolling for jailbait was skeevy back then as it is skeevy now.   Back then,  he had made himself a community nuisance such that he was watched with care when he entered the mall. 

Especially because you profess to be a Christian, how can you defend this man?   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
@Jazzhead
lol well sourced, right

The initial charge was from a woman how court records show had her divorce decided upon by the judge.   And it didn't go in her favor.

well sourced like a forged year book?

well sourced indeed

Again, have you read the entire article? 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Hey, mods.  This thread has officially gone to hell.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Wrong thread for this discussion, it's messy enough.  But you certainly do demand others knuckle under and replace their morality for yours, so spare me the circle-talk.  I'm not in the mood for it today.  Go argue with somebody else who hasn't caught on to your act yet.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Hey, mods.  This thread has officially gone to hell.

So it appears, and I'll bet I can point to a specific post where it started.
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

Well, at least you're no longer using the weak tactic of associating Moore with Clinton, and splashing those skeptical of the claims being made against him with 'Toon's dung.