Author Topic: Poll: Roy Moore Opens Up Seven-Point Lead over Democrat Doug Jones in Alabama Senate Race  (Read 7649 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Hey, mods.  This thread has officially gone to hell.

This thread went to hell when some genius decided that we needed another Roy Moore thread and posted this one.

TBR: All Roy. All The Time.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Jazzhead
No it was about about your stunning hypocrisy of thinking you're the judge of whats perversion.   Moore has admitted to liking younger girls, the credible reports show this to be in the range of 16-17yrs old.   Certainly abnormal these days for an adult male to be chasing girls of this age.  Less unusual when it occurred 40 years ago.

However its only an issue with you since he professes to be a Christian and he's chasing girls.   If he was chasing young boys then you'd declare it to be protected and normal.

The reality of it is that its only been in the last 50 years or so that its been socially improper for men of this age to date girls 16-17 yrs old.   In many states it is legal for 13-15 year olds to get married, still is in some states.  This is consistent with most cultures since ancient times.   In ancient Rome the legal age for marriage was 14. 

So yes its abnormal now and I question who this guy really is.  But indefensible?  The only thing indefensible is what radicals have done over the last 20 years to normalize what has been considered perversion for thousands of years.

"Indefensable" is a term I see used when somebody doesn't want to prosecute an argument. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline aligncare

More Moore thread. One more moral Moore thread and I’ll slip my mooring! No more Moore!

(Huh?)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Wrong thread for this discussion, it's messy enough. 

All I did was respond to your own post,  genius.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Frank Cannon

TBR PSA:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
"Indefensable" is a term I see used when somebody doesn't want to prosecute an argument.

You think what Roy Moore was accused of doing - by multiple women - is defensible?   

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
More Moore thread. One more moral Moore thread and I’ll slip my mooring! No more Moore!

(Huh?)

We need to get Les Nessman on the job.  Then we can have less Les giving us more Moore.

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Frank Cannon

We need to get Les Nessman on the job.  Then we can have less Les giving us more Moore.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You think what Roy Moore was accused of doing - by multiple women - is defensible?

See what I mean?  If answer "no" I'm saying he cannot defend himself from a terrible accusation (there is no defense so he's guilty).  If I say "yes"  then I'm saying he didn't do it (an assertion I'm not prepared to make based on my knowledge of the case).

Win-win for you, Mr. Head.  Heads I win, tails you lose.  Which is why I usually refuse to argue with your bullshit points.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
All I did was respond to your own post,  genius.

And you did it in your 100% predictable fashion.  Always calling me something in the process.  The list of things you've called me is indeed very long. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee

Do you think Ted Cruz killing JFK is defensible?
Countdown to Resignation

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

You have a future in comedy. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

@Jazzhead
So you think people are guilty until they can prove they're innocent?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
@Jazzhead

In the court of public opinion,  one is allowed to use one's common sense.  Roy Moore faces no criminal sanction for which a presumption of innocence is appropriate -  he faces only the denial of his political ambitions.   In such context, why is he owed any presumption whatsoever?   

The only question that matters is whether what these women have said seems believable - especially when the accused hasn't denied dating teens while in his thirties.   When multiple women accuse one of the same basic behavior,  that goes to the question of credibility.

My common sense tells me to believe the women.     
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 06:44:42 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Jazzhead

It's worse than that.  They aren't even to be allowed to defend themselves.  It's "indefensible."
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
In the "court of public opinion," others can come to the completely opposite conclusion, and because it's opinion, theirs is just as valid as anybody else.  This is why we don't throw people in jail, or take away their businesses, base on the "court of public opinion."
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

(Huh?)

Stay on the road. Keep clear of the moors.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline aligncare

:mauslaff:

:thumbsup:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
This thread went to hell when some genius decided that we needed another Roy Moore thread and posted this one.

Sing it, brother.

But, hey, you and I are both guilty.

As much as I loathe the preponderance of Roy Moore threads and as much as I hate and deplore the odd obsession of some people, I have been guilty of contributing ..

I'm gonna have to turn to God.  Please, God, make it stop.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Is that what you consider the proper conservative position on homosexuality?   Lock 'em up as mental defectives?

Your Liberal-Left position is to declare thirty-somethings who look to date 'of age' teenagers and young women, as mental defectives deserving of being locked up.  Somehow in your twisted and perverted worldview that is the 'Conservative position'.

Goose and gander hypocrisy on your part - once again.

In the court of public opinion,  one is allowed to use one's common sense. 

Well, let's look at it this way - our 'common sense' of public opinion on this board informs us that you advocate the Pogroms of punishment designed for White Christian Conservative men who own guns and stand for the Constitution and think homosexuality is a perversion and abominable sin.  You are guilty of promoting the advocacy of genocide of said persons, which is an indefensible charge against you in our courts of public opinion.

How do you like having what you are dishing out served upon your head?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

(Huh?)
Is that the recipe for MORE boring ??
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline roamer_1

Therein lies the reason for the time honored American principle of 'Innocent until proven guilty'. The seriousness of the charge has absolutely *nothing* to do with it. It is the veracity of the evidence that convicts.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Do you think Ted Cruz killing JFK is defensible?

While that behaviour is not appealing to me, times were different and I can see where others might draw the line not quite in the same place as I choose to.   The important question, IMO, is did he get JFK's parents' permission first?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

(Huh?)

More More More...
! No longer available
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Your Liberal-Left position is to declare thirty-somethings who look to date 'of age' teenagers and young women, as mental defectives deserving of being locked up.  Somehow in your twisted and perverted worldview that is the 'Conservative position'.

Goose and gander hypocrisy on your part - once again.

Well, let's look at it this way - our 'common sense' of public opinion on this board informs us that you advocate the Pogroms of punishment designed for White Christian Conservative men who own guns and stand for the Constitution and think homosexuality is a perversion and abominable sin.  You are guilty of promoting the advocacy of genocide of said persons, which is an indefensible charge against you in our courts of public opinion.

How do you like having what you are dishing out served upon your head?

:tongue2: