Author Topic: Poll: Roy Moore Opens Up Seven-Point Lead over Democrat Doug Jones in Alabama Senate Race  (Read 7645 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

Poll: Roy Moore Opens Up Seven-Point Lead over Democrat Doug Jones in Alabama Senate Race

Alabama Today reported on the poll from Sky Research showing Moore with 46.7 percent compared to Jones’ 39.6 percent, with 13.7 percent undecided. The poll was conducted on Nov. 21 and had a margin of error of 3.1 percent.

That poll comes just days after another poll, by Atlantic Media and Research, showed Moore up by six points. The Sky Research poll could still be swung Jones’ way by undecided voters, but that would appear unlikely.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/23/poll-roy-moore-opens-up-seven-point-lead-over-democrat-doug-jones-in-alabama-senate-race/

Catherine won't like this. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Why personalize who won't like this?

Remember in West Virginia's primary, they ran a convict or something who defeated Obama. I'm a bit foggy on the story.

Whatever Republican would probably win. It'd probably be a bigger margin with Luther Strange or Mo Brooks.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Poll: Roy Moore Opens Up Seven-Point Lead over Democrat Doug Jones in Alabama Senate Race

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/23/poll-roy-moore-opens-up-seven-point-lead-over-democrat-doug-jones-in-alabama-senate-race/

I'm getting more and more (pun intended) hopeful that voters will not fall for this desperate attempt to keep Moore from getting in the Senate.

It was probably the lamest and most transparent attempt at smearing I've ever seen.

But the main thing is his opponent is a horrible man who is for everything we are against and I think Moore will be a good senator.

I have my smiley faces ready.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Frank Cannon

Well Roy is good at opening things up. Legs, blouses, you name it.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'm getting more and more (pun intended) hopeful that voters will not fall for this desperate attempt to keep Moore from getting in the Senate.

It was probably the lamest and most transparent attempt at smearing I've ever seen.

But the main thing is his opponent is a horrible man who is for everything we are against and I think Moore will be a good senator.

I have my smiley faces ready.

I have always known that the good people of Alabama are FAR smarter than the folks in Washington and New York think they are!  I personally cannot wait to see the expression on Mitch McConnell's face as he welcomes Alabama's new Senator to that body!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RetBobbyMI

I have always known that the good people of Alabama are FAR smarter than the folks in Washington and New York think they are!  I personally cannot wait to see the expression on Mitch McConnell's face as he welcomes Alabama's new Senator to that body!
McConnell will just grin and smirk like always, even as he feels that voter corn cob shoved where the sun don’t shine.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Totally agree.

Snobs abound, even here.  And a lot of Republicans are snobs, sorry to say.  They were embarrassed by the down-home, country preacher aspect of Roy Moore.

Now I was raised as a Baptist in Texas and guys like that are a total part of my childhood.  In fact, I was married by a preacher like that.

So, yeah, I like Old Roy and he is unabashed in defending old hat stuff like the Ten Commandments.

I can't wait for him to win !!!

Online roamer_1

I have always known that the good people of Alabama are FAR smarter than the folks in Washington and New York think they are!

I said they'd hit the 'Oh, Hell No!' mark, and it appears they did. And that makes me happy.

Silver Pines

@DiogenesLamp

That would be @CatherineofAragon, because, see, when you discuss someone, basic courtesy says you ping them.

Dude, I've been saying from the start he would win this.  He'll likely run for president.  Where have you been?

Offline DiogenesLamp

Why personalize who won't like this?

This is why.

Oh, can it, Frank.  I believe in balance, and as long as most of the people here are defending a pervert, I'm going to keep going against the tide.

You see,  we are "pervert" defenders.   I guess that makes us worse than dirt or something.   

We should all be running around screaming like our hair is on fire because a deep state organ known as the Washington Post got some of their professional liars to go gin up some kooky accusations against the Republican candidate.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Silver Pines

This is why.

You see,  we are "pervert" defenders.   I guess that makes us worse than dirt or something.   

We should all be running around screaming like our hair is on fire because a deep state organ known as the Washington Post got some of their professional liars to go gin up some kooky accusations against the Republican candidate.

@DiogenesLamp

Moore's a pervert, yep.  I see your conscience is stinging a little.  That's good.

I'll instruct you again to ping me when you discuss me and when you bring over my posts from other threads.  Is there a reason you have trouble doing so?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
This is awesome. Just laughing in the face of the moral high-and-mighty's that accept slander, bogus allegations, and innuendo from shady and suspect sources with their sleazeball agendas as proof.

This whole little coordinated hit job has blown up in their face. Let the scumbags eat their crow by the fistful with a large boot put up their a**.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
This is awesome. Just laughing in the face of the moral high-and-mighty's that accept slander, bogus allegations, and innuendo from shady and suspect sources with their sleazeball agendas as proof.

This whole little coordinated hit job has blown up in their face. Let the scumbags eat their crow by the fistful with a large boot put up their a**.

One of the finer pleasures in life is the sight of crow eating on a large scale.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

One interesting thing about the Roy Moore attackers.  They wouldn't have tea with those hick gals if you gave them sugar and cream.

Silver Pines

@Free Vulcam

Actually, the scumbag in this case is the child molester in the cowboy suit.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
One of the finer pleasures in life is the sight of crow eating on a large scale.

The people who always thought Roy Moore was 'white trash' and not their 'sort' somehow give credence to these weird women with their made-up stories.

They probably came cheap to the dems.  Like James Carville said, "Drag a hundred dollar bill through a trailer park ..."

Whatever happened to the lovely couple... Carville and Matalin?

Offline RetBobbyMI

Even Pilosi said of Conyers, that just because he is accused by one, or two, doesn’t make anyone quilty. Paraphrasing that people ought to respect his service and not jump to conclusions. Of course unless your in the gop
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Silver Pines

Even Pilosi said of Conyers, that just because he is accused by one, or two, doesn’t make anyone quilty. Paraphrasing that people ought to respect his service and not jump to conclusions. Of course unless your in the gop

@RetBobbyMI

Now we're on the side of Pelosi and the Dem sex abuser.  This slide to the bottom is a wild ride, lol.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
@Free Vulcam

Actually, the scumbag in this case is the child molester in the cowboy suit.

You have your well concocted, perfectly coiffed liberal meme. Which all works well if you want to go true believer on hit job reporters with criminal records, and grifting, opportunist lawyers known for smears they can't back up with proof.

Just make sure to check for fleas when you get up.
The Republic is lost.

Offline skeeter

This was supposed to be about getting back control of the congress, not actually applying some sort of consistent standard of behavior across party lines. Wassamattayou?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Pronouns, Bobby.  I don't know who the heck you're talking about.. in the sentence about respecting 'his' service.

I do hope you are not referring to Conyers who fed at the trough for most of his life and never contributed a dam thing.

Offline RetBobbyMI

@RetBobbyMI

Now we're on the side of Pelosi and the Dem sex abuser.  This slide to the bottom is a wild ride, lol.
Who’s the we? Just pointed out the double standards of the left.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Pronouns, Bobby.  I don't know who the heck you're talking about.. in the sentence about respecting 'his' service.

I do hope you are not referring to Conyers who fed at the trough for most of his life and never contributed a dam thing.
I know all about that weasel and his two bit former Detroit council woman, since I reside in the conservative district to the north. Conyers will get re-elected no matter what his does or says because the illiterate fools in his district.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I know all about that weasel and his two bit former Detroit council woman, since I reside in the conservative district to the north. Conyers will get re-elected no matter what his does or says because the illiterate fools in his district.

Word.  He will.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Bigun wrote:
"I have always known that the good people of Alabama are FAR smarter than the folks in Washington and New York think they are!  I personally cannot wait to see the expression on Mitch McConnell's face as he welcomes Alabama's new Senator to that body!"

A "you read it here first!" prediction:

The really big guns against Mr. Moore are going to be rolled out AFTER he wins the Alabama election.

First, they're going to try to dissuade him from taking his Senate seat with all kinds of threats about "the investigations" that will come if he dares to show up and claim it.

Of course, Mr. Moore ain't gonna back down on these kind of threats, so...

When he DOES enter the Senate to take his seat, expect a hurricane of charges to be thrown against him in an effort to stir up enough votes to expel him. There are already 48 or so "automatic votes" (those of the democrat-communists). But wait and see how many Republicans may jump on the wagon, as well...