Author Topic: Keystone Pipeline Spills 5,000 Barrels of Oil in South Dakota  (Read 930 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Keystone Pipeline Spills 5,000 Barrels of Oil in South Dakota
« on: November 17, 2017, 04:21:55 am »
Keystone Pipeline Spills 5,000 Barrels of Oil in South Dakota
Associated Press
AMHERST, S.D. —

TransCanada Corp.’s Keystone pipeline leaked an estimated 210,000 gallons of oil onto agricultural land in northeastern South Dakota, the company and state regulators said Thursday, but state officials don’t believe the leak polluted any surface water bodies or drinking water systems.

Crews shut down the pipeline Thursday morning and activated emergency response procedures after a drop in pressure was detected resulting from the leak south of a pump station in Marshall County, TransCanada said in a statement. The cause was being investigated.

Read more at: https://www.voanews.com/a/keystone-pipeline-leak-south-dakota/4119765.html

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Keystone Pipeline Spills 5,000 Barrels of Oil in South Dakota
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 08:02:37 am »
The pipeline is shut down and cleanup under way. The cause is still under investigation.

Considering this is very close to the 1 year anniversary of their 'Day of Action' at the DAPL protests, I would not rule out a terrorist act, even though this was the Keystone pipeline, not the DAPL.
In concert with those protests at DAPL's river crossing near the Standing Rock Reservation, three pipelines experienced 'environmentalists'' shutting valves on active pipelines, a situation which could have caused major problems.
https://www.rt.com/usa/367061-antidapl-day-action-protests/

Not the first time Keystone and other pipelines have been targeted, either. https://www.theverge.com/2016/10/11/13243238/oil-pipelines-shutdown-safety-valves-standing-rock-sioux-solidarity
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 08:24:47 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 01:36:54 pm »
That is a pretty big leak.

If not due to some type of arson, it sure needs proper investigation.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 01:40:11 pm »
That is a pretty big leak.

If not due to some type of arson, it sure needs proper investigation.
No fire. If it wasn't a bad weld or tampering, someone may have damaged it. All speculation, although the timing is suspect, being the 1 year anniversary of the nationwide 'day of protest' of the DAPL.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis