Author Topic: ]Ohio Gov. John Kasich on GOP performance in 2017 elections: "They just got smashed last night"  (Read 441 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I know this article is a couple of days old, but Kasich opens his yap again and misses what really happened ... it's the fact that the GOP DID NOT listen to their base, but instead pandered to those who worship the swamp. Oh, and it also gave the boob a chance to plug his book.

Ohio Gov. John Kasich on GOP performance in 2017 elections: "They just got smashed last night"

Ohio Governor John Kasich said the 2017 election results should serve as a wakeup call for Republicans. Though no U.S. Senate or House seats were up for grabs in Tuesday's election, the GOP approach could have an impact on 2018.

"Last night, Republican Party? Too negative, too narrow, only concerned about their base and they just got smashed last night and so we should learn from this," Kasich said.

That being said, Kasich warned Democrat victories in governor's races in Virginia and New Jersey should not be seen as a sign they've figured out their own mess.

"I don't think Democrats won big because everybody was in love with the Democrats. I think that this was a rejection of anger and narrowness inside the Republican party," he said.

Kasich pointed to his book "Two Paths," where he said parties and their candidates can either recognize problems and lift or recognize problems and play the blame game.......

http://www.news5cleveland.com/news/local-news/cleveland-metro/ohio-gov-john-kasich-on-gop-performance-in-2017-elections-they-just-got-smashed-last-night-

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.