Author Topic: JUST IN: House releases new sweeping tax plan and here’s the details… [UPDATED WITH MORE]  (Read 12154 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I actually lived in Jacksonville, before I moved to Phoenix....
I live near Jacksonville and think it is a pretty nice place.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Hoodat

I intentionally keep my income small.  I intentionally try to keep my federal taxes as low as possible because the federal government is an evil abomination and I don't want to feed it.  I have worked hard all my life to pay off my home and be totally out of debt so I could live on as small an income as possible.

I call BS.  If you really believed that, then you would be rejoicing that the people giving government the most would be having that burden cut.  But you didn't.  Instead, you complained about it.  And because of that, I do not believe your statement above.  And I resent hearing you complain about a 12% tax rate as though you are being wronged with zero regard for those now paying double that.  You are a selfish self-serving class-envying leftist through and through.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.

Since I was in high school [which had a Confederate theme at that time]
my Texas hometown has gone from 95 percent Anglo to 30 percent Anglo
[probably less than 30 percent now.]

I don't know what the federal or state governments have been doing with
the taxes I pay. But obviously it was NOT to protect me from destroying
foreign demographic armies.

Offline Fantom

I got cussed out once on this forum for calling someone he when it was a she.  Now I cover the bases.  Like the Astros.

Heh.... 888high58888
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

Since I was in high school [which had a Confederate theme at that time]
my Texas hometown has gone from 95 percent Anglo to 30 percent Anglo
[probably less than 30 percent now.]

I don't know what the federal or state governments have been doing with
the taxes I pay. But obviously it was NOT to protect me from destroying
foreign demographic armies.

Thought you purposely keep your income low so's not to pay taxes.  :shrug:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline KingsX

I call BS.  If you really believed that, then you would be rejoicing that the people giving government the most would be having that burden cut. 

I don't care what you believe.  I have posted truth here.    You keep ignoring the reasons I have posted for hating the LYING GOP's tax plan.  Fortunately,  the odds are it will NOT become law.

Offline KingsX

Thought you purposely keep your income low so's not to pay taxes.  :shrug:

I posted:   " I intentionally keep my income small.  I intentionally try to keep my federal taxes as low as possible... "

I have some control over my federal taxes because I am able to control my income... but I can't control Texas' high property or sales taxes [and apparently state officials can't either.]

« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 01:04:30 am by KingsX »

Online corbe

Of those you mention @IsailedawayfromFR only the construction of the Canyon Dam predate me (65 I think). The Tubing season was cut short this year by the arrival of Harvey, so now all the Snow Birds are landing sooner than expected, Wurstfest starts tomorrow, 10 days of sausage, beer and debauchery. Haven't been in a couple of years getting to old to do that every year anymore.
   I was wrong on my compass ~ due north on I35 (actually NE)
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I don't know what the federal or state governments have been doing with the taxes I pay.

Of course you don't!  You don't care!  You don't pay any, by your own admission!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fantom

I have some control over my federal taxes because I am able to control my income... but I can't control Texas' high property or sales taxes [and apparently state officials can't either.]

https://www.thebalance.com/best-and-worst-states-for-property-taxes-3193328  Looks like Texas is 6th there.. behind many liberal/regressive States.

https://taxfoundation.org/state-and-local-sales-tax-rates-midyear-2017/ Sales tax...nope, Texas is pretty good there too.

All with no income tax... maybe you should look at moving to California.

Frederick Douglass

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I live near Jacksonville and think it is a pretty nice place.

Really?  It was OK when I lived there, and was surprised to find it on a shit list.  Ponta?  I liked it, but had to leave for opportunity.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online corbe

8.25% Sales Tax is about to bring millions into my little Texas town's gov for their stupid projects with their annual Wurstfest starting up tomorrow, Property Taxes are high and the Legislature is unable to cap this crap, BUT NO State Income Tax!
    I'm doing pretty good in Texas and I'm poor @KingsX
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline KingsX

Of course you don't!  You don't care!  You don't pay any, by your own admission!

You would feel right at home with the LYING GOP leadership.  Are you "Lying Ted" traveling incognito ??

For the upteenth time,  because I paid off my house and have no debts,  I am able to control my income to pay the least amount of taxes as possible.

Do you have a problem with reading comprehension ??

Offline Fantom

You would feel right at home with the LYING GOP leadership.  Are you "Lying Ted" traveling incognito ??

For the upteenth time,  because I paid off my house and have no debts,  I am able to control my income to pay the least amount of taxes as possible.

Ohhh, a wee bit touchy there methinks.

So you are basically saying you have found the position to pay the least amount in taxes. Kudos.

And that place is Texas.

Frederick Douglass

Online corbe

'Lyin Ted' @KingsX  wtf does that have to do with the premise of your thought? Even Trumpers on a bad day can do better than that.

Offline KingsX

https://www.thebalance.com/best-and-worst-states-for-property-taxes-3193328  Looks like Texas is 6th there.. behind many liberal/regressive States.

Quite ironic when Congressman Brady R-TX recently said he would
compromise with Democrats by allowing a state property tax deduction...
but not state income tax deduction. 

Do you see the irony?   Texas has high property tax but no income tax.

Kevin Brady bends to pressure and adds property tax break to House GOP plan

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/kevin-brady-bends-to-pressure-and-adds-property-tax-break-to-house-gop-plan/article/2638905

« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 01:31:22 am by KingsX »

Offline Fantom

'Lyin Ted' @KingsX  wtf does that have to do with the premise of your thought? Even Trumpers on a bad day can do better than that.

I so stole that img.

Frederick Douglass

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

No, I just have a serious problem with Lying Liberals.  I'm funny that way.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/kevin-brady-bends-to-pressure-and-adds-property-tax-break-to-house-gop-plan/article/2638905

Then you should be happy.  This why I think you are a liar.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fantom

Meh.. no irony, just interest of his constituents...like our founders envisioned.

If you hate high sales/property taxes.. there is always Hawaii.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

No, I just have a serious problem with Lying Liberals.  I'm funny that way.

:beer: :patriot: :beer:

Frederick Douglass

Offline Mom MD

I call BS.  If you really believed that, then you would be rejoicing that the people giving government the most would be having that burden cut.  But you didn't.  Instead, you complained about it.  And because of that, I do not believe your statement above.  And I resent hearing you complain about a 12% tax rate as though you are being wronged with zero regard for those now paying double that.  You are a selfish self-serving class-envying leftist through and through.

I wish I only paid double the 12%  I pay triple that and with the AMT my deductions don’t matter.   I would like the rest of the country to pay tax at my rate for a year.   They might feel a lot different about taxes......
God is still in control

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fantom

I wish I only paid double the 12%  I pay triple that and with the AMT my deductions don’t matter.   I would like the rest of the country to pay tax at my rate for a year.   They might feel a lot different about taxes......

I run my own business... Even in Oklahoma ... I am fleeced.... mostly fed taxes...FICA/self employment. 40 + percent... then business insurances. If hillary had won, I was going black market for my services.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

A belated Happy Birthday!  :beer:  backatcha!

Thanxs.  :beer:

Frederick Douglass