Author Topic: GOP bill would ban abortions when heartbeat is detected  (Read 412 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP bill would ban abortions when heartbeat is detected
« on: November 01, 2017, 11:16:37 pm »
GOP bill would ban abortions when heartbeat is detected
By Jessie Hellmann - 11/01/17 12:33 PM EDT

A House committee on Wednesday considered a bill that would make it illegal for doctors to perform abortions after a heartbeat is detected.

The "Heartbeat Protection Act," authored by Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa), would make it a crime for a doctor to perform an abortion if the fetus has a "detectable" heart beat. 

King acknowledged that such a bill, if signed into law, would face legal challenges, possibly going all the way to the Supreme Court.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/358223-republicans-consider-ban-on-abortion-after-heartbeat-is-detected
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: GOP bill would ban abortions when heartbeat is detected
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 12:26:01 am »
A heartbeat is detected ... using what device?  In looking up when a heartbeat is detected, I found several different answers, so which is it?  3 weeks, 6 weeks or 8 weeks??

Doctors use several different methods to listen to the fetal heartbeat. About 3 weeks, one day after fertilization, when the heart first begins to beat, the sound of the little heart is too soft to hear. Very soon thereafter, they can see the motion using ultrasound technology.

The baby's heart starts to beat at around 6 weeks. You may be able to hear – and see – your baby's heart beat for the first time when you're about 8 weeks pregnant if you have an early ultrasound exam. Otherwise, you'll probably first hear it with a fetal Doppler at a regular prenatal care visit.

https://www.babycenter.com/404_when-can-i-hear-my-babys-heartbeat_10349811.bc

https://www.google.com/search?q=when+is+heartbeat+usually+detected+in+fetus&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 01:48:17 am »
A heartbeat is detected ... using what device?  In looking up when a heartbeat is detected, I found several different answers, so which is it?  3 weeks, 6 weeks or 8 weeks??

Doctors use several different methods to listen to the fetal heartbeat. About 3 weeks, one day after fertilization, when the heart first begins to beat, the sound of the little heart is too soft to hear. Very soon thereafter, they can see the motion using ultrasound technology.

The baby's heart starts to beat at around 6 weeks. You may be able to hear – and see – your baby's heart beat for the first time when you're about 8 weeks pregnant if you have an early ultrasound exam. Otherwise, you'll probably first hear it with a fetal Doppler at a regular prenatal care visit.

https://www.babycenter.com/404_when-can-i-hear-my-babys-heartbeat_10349811.bc

https://www.google.com/search?q=when+is+heartbeat+usually+detected+in+fetus&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Whatever method is determined, this is a good bill.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 02:09:24 pm »
Why is Congress continuing to waste time on these bills that the court is just going to overturn anyway?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 02:35:35 pm »
Why is Congress continuing to waste time on these bills that the court is just going to overturn anyway?

Red meat.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 08:21:13 pm »
All of the DUmmy lefties I see are against this bill, so that should tell you something.

1 clinic in states like Missouri and Mississippi, clinics close in Wisconsin, don't give us the rubbish that the courts will always over rule these laws, they don't.