Author Topic: WATCH: CNN Falsely Claims That Terrorist Said 'God Is Great' Instead Of 'Allahu Akbar'  (Read 2882 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I've never heard of Francis Beckwith.

Apparently you've never heard of "Google" either.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline thackney

I'm no expert, but doesn't the Ba'hai faith more or less believe that God sent different messages/messengers to different parts of the world?   While humans persecute each other over religion and race to proselytize, maybe God accepts sincere belief regardless of the particular dogma.

I don't know.   Maybe someday I will.  Maybe not.   That's why it's called the Grand Secret.   

I don't claim to be an expert.  But I try to follow the teachings of Christ found in the Bible.

While other may have different views, I will defend my own as I can, and learn from others as I can.

I don't find a basis in Christian Faith by hoping it is different than Christ told us.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline roamer_1

I'm no expert, but doesn't the Ba'hai faith more or less believe that God sent different messages/messengers to different parts of the world?   While humans persecute each other over religion and race to proselytize, maybe God accepts sincere belief regardless of the particular dogma.

I don't know.   Maybe someday I will.  Maybe not.   That's why it's called the Grand Secret.   

No. If that were the case, the character of the god would be the same and not dependent upon the messenger.  His 'way' would be the same... And what would be the point of sending forth agents with differing messages? That is confusion.

Yahweh has sent out ONE message - incredibly and incrementally consistent in itself - to all the world, and to all the ages. He made sure his message could not be changed - Nothing changes Torah, and no prophet can gainsay what a previous prophet has said (to include Moses and Yeshua).

The word of this god (YHWH) cannot be altered, unlike the muslim god, and every other god on the planet, whose agents are authorized to change what was said before, in order, presumably, to change with previously unknown events occurring to go along with the times - Thus the value of YHWH's declaration, that only he knows the end from the beginning, speaking in ancient times what would be in the end. Thus the truth that YHWH does not change. That is an amazing and remarkable proof.

That is a signature of character that would shine forth regardless of the agent bringing the message. That is a message with a purpose different from all the others.

However, it is also instructive to do the same with the other gods... You will soon find familiarity in comparative religion, as the character of the false gods, the Fallen, become apparent. Their characters shine through, just as much - But not in a good way.

The Muslim god is not YHWH, regardless of what they believe and what he speaks through his agents. In fact, he is diametrically opposed to the one God YHWH, in every thing. His prophecies are the exact opposite of what YHWH has declared.

Arguments such as yours are made by people ignorant of the structural nature of the prophets. And of the Word. Be careful who you listen to - Much better to find out for yourself.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Why are you so committed to defend islam, when the words in their holy book (koran) instruct the murder of non-believers in their faith?

The part of islam's book that parallels the Judeo-Christian bible, is merely a plagiary in hopes it would lend credibility to the upstart thug Mohamed and his violent intentions and plans.

It worked, because through history that scenario draws supports eager for battle, victory and power.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Suppressed

Yahweh has sent out ONE message - incredibly and incrementally consistent in itself - to all the world, and to all the ages. He made sure his message could not be changed - Nothing changes Torah, and no prophet can gainsay what a previous prophet has said (to include Moses and Yeshua).

Honest curiosity here, @roamer_1...

If someone doesn't murder a sorceress (Exodus 22:18), is he sinning?

If someone doesn't stone a person who works on the Sabbath (Numbers 15:35), is he sinning?

etc.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 06:00:55 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

Why are you so committed to defend islam, when the words in their holy book (koran) instruct the murder of non-believers in their faith?

But the Bible says the same about witches, in Exodus.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline roamer_1

Honest curiosity here, @roamer_1...

If someone doesn't murder a sorceress (Exodus 22:18), is he sinning?

If someone doesn't stone a person who works on the Sabbath (Numbers 15:35), is he sinning?

etc.

No. Common Christian hype. no one gets stoned without a trial and conviction. In fact, it can be extrapolated that taking the law into one's own hands is the sin. It is the elders at the gate that have nullified the law, not me.

Offline Suppressed

No. Common Christian hype. no one gets stoned without a trial and conviction. In fact, it can be extrapolated that taking the law into one's own hands is the sin. It is the elders at the gate that have nullified the law, not me.

Okay, so there's a trial, and the person is found guilty of collecting firewood on the Sabbath.

Or is of Wiccan religion.

Do you suffer them to live, against the Scripture?
+++++++++

Offline roamer_1

Okay, so there's a trial, and the person is found guilty of collecting firewood on the Sabbath.

Or is of Wiccan religion.

Do you suffer them to live, against the Scripture?

Nope. But then I have a different perspective than y'all. I know what a sorceress or witch actually is. While all y'all were gleefully celebrating Samhain, passing out candy, I was involved in a direct coordinated assault against satanists and witches.

So you and I are probably far away from each other in perspective.

Offline Suppressed

Nope. But then I have a different perspective than y'all.  I know what a sorceress or witch actually is.

So, your point is that a person from the outside reading something might not truly understand it?

While all y'all were gleefully celebrating Samhain, passing out candy, I was involved in a direct coordinated assault against satanists and witches.

But, in this assault, did you suffer them to live?  Or did you follow the Scripture?

So you and I are probably far away from each other in perspective.

Surely, we are.
Which helps me make my point.

And what about gathering firewood on the Sabbath?

How about telling slaves being held in captivity today that they should be submitting with respect?  (1 Peter 2:18)
+++++++++

Offline roamer_1

So, your point is that a person from the outside reading something might not truly understand it?

No, but someone from the 'outside' is unlikely to understand it with a cursory reading- much as your misunderstanding regarding my supposed personal requirement to kill witches on the spot.

But, in this assault, did you suffer them to live?  Or did you follow the Scripture?

Of course I am following Scripture - Which means I don't kill anyone (other than self defense) without trial. So no. We didn't even interfere in their rituals. But we did film them, and get license plates, and we did return to break the curses they laid at their sites - And if they use the site again (which they will) they will find their links to their familiars have been severed.

And they will be identified with respect to their association with churches - that those churches will have the opportunity to look closely for that which the witch intended against them... Which is the primary purpose. And it is a common thing.

Surely, we are.
Which helps me make my point.

A point woefully ignorant of supernatural forces.

And what about gathering firewood on the Sabbath?

I am in a study of that particular thing. I am not yet ready to express what it means entirely, but I will rightly claim it is not as severe as you intend it to be. I live in the Rockies, and right now there is 6" of snow on the ground. I will make every effort not to start a fire tomorrow - I will light a candle before dark tonight and I will gather wood from my woodpile and bring it inside so that I don't have to work tomorrow... but neither do I fear that I am breaking the law of YHWH if my fires go out and I have to build a new one tomorrow.  Nor will I fear going out to the woodpile to gather more, if I miss and didn't bring in enough. The Sabbath is not meant to be a trial for man, rather a blessing (which it is).

Likewise the foolishness wrt the severity of the 'no work' commandment generally - Of course you still have work... An agrarian society has to work some, every day. The Father does not intend for your cows to undergo the pain they would have without milking, nor should your animals have to starve and go without food and water.

And in that context, if I have to plow tomorrow to get to those animals and make sure their water and food are supplied, then plow I will, with nary a concern that I am breaking Torah.

The rigidity which you seem to prescribe is exactly the Pharisee-ism described in the New Testament.

How about telling slaves being held in captivity today that they should be submitting with respect?  (1 Peter 2:18)

TRUE. In the same fashion that I am told to submit to authority over me. But again, not as cut-and-dried as you would have it.

Offline Suppressed

No, but someone from the 'outside' is unlikely to understand it with a cursory reading- much as your misunderstanding regarding my supposed personal requirement to kill witches on the spot.

Thank you.  You have made my point. 

An outsider reading holy writings isn't always the best source for understanding the meanings of what is contained therein.

Yet we have so many people insisting they know better than imams or Muslims what is in their holy works.
+++++++++

Offline roamer_1

Thank you.  You have made my point. 

An outsider reading holy writings isn't always the best source for understanding the meanings of what is contained therein.

Yet we have so many people insisting they know better than imams or Muslims what is in their holy works.

Well, you have the wrong guy for that. I am quite familiar with the Koran and Hadiths. I have a more than passing fancy with about every religious system and tome, between here and India, to include the occult and profane.

It's what I do.

I won't go so far as to cite myself as an authority, but I do know what I am talking about. And there is NO WAY anyone can honestly equate Yahweh with Allah - They are entirely and diametrically opposed. Every prophecy is an entire opposite by comparison... We await the beast who will crawl out of the pit. They await the 12th Imam who will ascend out of a well. They are the same thing alright, but from different and opposing sides.

Allah is Baal. Not Yahweh,