Author Topic: GOP Sen. Ben Sasse Blasts Roy Moore, Condemns ‘White Backlash Grievance’ on the Right  (Read 13965 times)

Silver Pines

Before I oppose what you are saying how would you amend the Constitution without compromising religious freedom?  I agree with anyone that calls Islam a cult or that it isn't a religion because of the governing.  Sharia Law....etc.  But Islam has always been accepted as one of the 3 major religions. 

Give me an idea of how you would amend and I might agree.

@Chosen Daughter

I'll be honest, I haven't given it any thought, so I can't give you a decent answer.  I agree with you about Islam.  But as far as I can see there are only two options.

Now someone else might want to jump in with suggestions, which is fine with me.

Offline RoosGirl

@corbe
@RoosGirl

This is my ringtone.  Seriously.

Note the title is "Bitch", not "Beeyatch."  The real thing, baby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ivt_N2Zcts

That's funny because I was just talking about ring tones the other day with a friend.  This one is mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M4_Ommfvv0

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
@To-Whose-Benefit?

I agree completely.  In view of that, we have two options---ignore the Constitution, or amend it.

'Fraid I have to disagree here.

Amending it, no.

Understanding it, Yes!

The Federalist Papers are supposed to be 1st stop for Justices wishing further clarification on the 'Original Intent' of the document and the men behind it.

When we step outside of Constitutional Originalism we end up flailing our way through a razor thorned thicket of "Case Law" interpretations, which were concocted by Justices with Agendas one way or the other, and that's where it breaks down into "Katy Bar The Door."
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
'Fraid I have to disagree here.

Amending it, no.

Understanding it, Yes!

The Federalist Papers are supposed to be 1st stop for Justices wishing further clarification on the 'Original Intent' of the document and the men behind it.

When we step outside of Constitutional Originalism we end up flailing our way through a razor thorned thicket of "Case Law" interpretations, which were concocted by Justices with Agendas one way or the other, and that's where it breaks down into "Katy Bar The Door."

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen: again!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

• Wulf Anson Author
We have been subjected to so many agendized/Activist Judicial twistings of Original Intent that the principle of Case Law over riding the Constitution has become enshrined as official day to day SOP in our Court system.

As a private Citizen you can't advance your claim based on a blatant violation of your actual Constitutional Rights today unless you can afford to argue your case all the way up to the Supreme Court.

For almost all of us this means, in real terms, you, I, and everyone else Have NO Constitutional Rights.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitutional_avoidance

This runs directly contrary to the Founders intent.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

• Wulf Anson Author
That's funny because I was just talking about ring tones the other day with a friend.  This one is mine:

@RoosGirl

Now you're gonna have to change your number or it'll never stop ringing, just to hear your ringtone.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 03:13:30 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »

Offline RoosGirl

@RoosGirl

Now you're gonna have to change your number or it'll never stop ringing, just to hear your ringtone.

It's a great song, isn't it?  We were talking about that too; I always want to "accidentally" call the person I'm with to see what ringtone they have set for me.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

They will discover what the GLBT crowd has: saturate the halls of power with 'your people', make them commonplace and a fixture in the community and demand what the apparent numbers imply you should have. Mordor on the Potomac sees America through the distorted lens of the population there, not in the home districts the seem to seldom visit. Between the distortions of Media and the population in the DC Metro Area, small wonder that more ordinary Middle Class America is getting the raw deal and is far less well represented than the splinter groups.
Not just increase the amount of 'your people', but diminish the numbers of those who oppose you.

It is not a coincidence that there is a full-scale assault on Christians to lessen their influence.  Or of 'privileged' whites.

It becomes a numbers game for influence, with those growing in numbers decreasing influence oF those decreasing in numbers.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Frank Cannon

It's a great song, isn't it?  We were talking about that too; I always want to "accidentally" call the person I'm with to see what ringtone they have set for me.

Well if you called me you would hear this.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyFyAqLtHq8

Offline RoosGirl

Offline Frank Cannon

Silver Pines

@RoosGirl

Love that song.  Van Halen is fantastic.

Offline RoosGirl

Too upbeat for you?

No, it's perfect for me.  The 'bitch please' was for the idea that I would call you.

Offline Frank Cannon

No, it's perfect for me.  The 'bitch please' was for the idea that I would call you.

Offline RoosGirl

Pretty sure I win a prize for that; bringing @Frank Cannon to his knees.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@RoosGirl

Which do you prefer, DL Roth or Hagar?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

Pretty sure I win a prize for that; bringing @Frank Cannon to his knees.

Many women have tried, only you have succeeded. Cheers!

• Wulf Anson Author
@RoosGirl

England can have the Stones, the Aussies AC/DC.

We got David, Eddie, Alex, Anthony, Billie, Dusty, and Rube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBzDKW3y2rw

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Conservatives are a bunch of sad sack crybaby whiners... they want safe spaces too. Look at how "pro freedom" conservatives want to restrict muslims on this thread.

Offline RetBobbyMI

I do not know Mormons ever did, but Catholics had "Inquisitions" in well known Spain (1492) and lesser known France and Italy.

Most religions and denominations have some unsavory histories.
Comment shows a lack of knowledge of history, a false understanding of the actions labeled as an inquisition and dishonesty ala Obama.

The so called inquisition lasted only a very very short time compared to the conquest of the Muslim across Southern Europe that lasted numerous centuries. The inquisition was a “finally had enough” Europe that pushed back against the aggression and rescue their populations that had been taken as slaves.

Next time read your history before making a stupid arse assertion like Obama did.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Conservatives are a bunch of sad sack crybaby whiners... they want safe spaces too. Look at how "pro freedom" conservatives want to restrict muslims on this thread.

I agree.  Conservatives have been complaining - rightly so - about the cancer of identity politics, and now appear to have given in to the disease.   We're a melting pot, not a mosaic - at least that was the position the right used to espouse.   Now it's white grievance and keep out the foreigners and make our country safe for woe-is-me Christians.

Not quite the Republican party I signed up for -  you know, quaint stuff like liberty, opportunity and economic growth.  It seems like that message is it all being drowned out in the hog-wallow of group grievance-mongering. 

« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 12:20:52 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Not just increase the amount of 'your people', but diminish the numbers of those who oppose you.

It is not a coincidence that there is a full-scale assault on Christians to lessen their influence.  Or of 'privileged' whites.

It becomes a numbers game for influence, with those growing in numbers decreasing influence oF those decreasing in numbers.
It isn't the numbers, so much overall, as in the areas where there are concentrations of power and influence. The special interests want to influence the rest of the population, sure, that's the Bolshevik Effect, but where the distortion must be the heaviest in order to have effect is where the decisions are made. Driving Christians out of the public eye as much as possible, is the other part of that, as you point out. It makes them seem more prevalent, and us less so, with the people who are setting policy.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 12:32:14 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
. Driving Christians out of the public eye as much as possible, is the other part of that, as you point out.

Balderdash.   How are Christians being driven out of the public eye?   And how many public elected officials, at all levels, aren't self-described Christians?   

Edit:  Well, here's the numbers for the 114th Congress, as reported by Pew Forum:   http://www.pewforum.org/2015/01/05/faith-on-the-hill/

The bottom line:   72% percent of adult Americans self-identify as Christian, but 91.8% of Congress does.   49% of adult Americans are Protestant, as compared with 57.2% of Congress.   22% of adult Americans are Catholic, as compared with 30.7% of Congress.

Meanwhile, let's panic over that invading Muslim hoard:  2 members of Congress are Muslim, 0.4% of the total,  as compared with 1% of adult Americans.   And what's the group that's most under-represented in Congress?   Atheists.   

It seems to me that the interests of Christians are represented adequately in Congress.   How about we stop the whining, shall we?   
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 12:49:26 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Balderdash.   How are Christians being driven out of the public eye?   And how many public elected officials, at all levels, aren't self-described Christians?   

Edit:  Well, here's the numbers for the 114th Congress, as reported by Pew Forum:   http://www.pewforum.org/2015/01/05/faith-on-the-hill/

The bottom line:   72% percent of adult Americans self-identify as Christian, but 91.8% of Congress does.   49% of adult Americans are Protestant, and 57.2% of Congress.   22% of adult Americans are Catholic, and 30.7% of Congress.

Meanwhile, let's panic over that invading Muslim hoard:  2 members of Congress are Muslim, 0.4% of the total,  as compared with 1% of adult Americans.   

It seems to me that the interests of Christians are represented adequately in Congress.   How about we stop the whining, shall we?   
Whining? No. Reread the conversation, will ya?

How many obligatory Christians are present in the standard diversified sitcom/TV drama mix of characters?
Zero, although there are a few parodies to be ridiculed openly. Seems a mite under represented to me.

It isn't the Congress we are referring to, here, who will be more representative of their home districts, demographically.

It is the people who surround them on Capitol Hill and in their local environment there in DC  who will influence their perception of 'America', far more than the letters from 'home' they never, themselves, open.

These are the things which affect the perception of those making the rules for us to live by: the people on K street, the staffers, their fellow Congresspeople, the Media, but not so much the folks in the home district they might make a show of connecting with a few times a year. Special interest groups know this and saturate the locales where power is concentrated for that reason. It is a simple enough concept, and a distortion of the country's demographic and cultural makeup.

From ending prayer in the schools, even conspicuously removing "under God" from the Pledge of Allegiance, then the Pledge itself, to forcing people out of business because they will not utilize their creative talents to celebrate perversion, and every time we speak out against that by which we are offended we are called "HATERS!" and decried from the same rooftops Muslims would be throwing gays off of, Yep, the Christian part of this culture is ever being forced back by those who push their pet evil.

If you think I'm whining, go open a bakery.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 01:42:05 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I agree.  Conservatives have been complaining - rightly so - about the cancer of identity politics, and now appear to have given in to the disease.   We're a melting pot, not a mosaic - at least that was the position the right used to espouse.   Now it's white grievance and keep out the foreigners and make our country safe for woe-is-me Christians.

Not quite the Republican party I signed up for -  you know, quaint stuff like liberty, opportunity and economic growth.  It seems like that message is it all being drowned out in the hog-wallow of group grievance-mongering.

:hands: