Author Topic: Shipping executive: ‘We have deliberately misled public on climate’  (Read 424 times)

Offline Suppressed

Shipping executive: ‘We have deliberately misled public on climate’
Published on 26/10/2017, 12:30pm
Cosco UK deputy general manager said industry lobbyists at the UN were ‘prostitutes employed by our racket to try and put one over on the general public’
http://www.climatechangenews.com/2017/10/26/shipping-executive-deliberately-mislead-public-climate/

Ships wait off the harbour in Singapore (Photo: Deposit Photos)

By Karl Mathiesen

A UK shipping executive has turned on the industry for ignoring the effect lobbying has had on its efforts to reduce carbon pollution.

In an op-ed published on the trade press site Splash 24/7 on Thursday, Andrew Craig-Bennett said industry mockery of a report released this week that concluded lobbyists had “captured” talks at the UN International Maritime Organisation (IMO) was misplaced.

On Monday, the NGO Influence Map released a damning report that exposed the degree to which these shipping registries and industry lobby groups had infiltrated the body intended to regulate them.

While some details in the report were incorrect, said Craig-Bennett, who is deputy general manager of the UK subsidiary of Chinese government-owned Cosco, “it is basically right, and we all know that it is”.

[...]

Craig-Bennett said lobbyists used deliberately confusing statistics about shipping emissions – which are roughly equal to the annual emissions of Germany – in order to mislead and delay action on carbon pollution.

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Shipping executive: ‘We have deliberately misled public on climate’
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 08:25:45 pm »
So, the gist of the story is the Alarmists are not alarming enough?  Do I have that correct?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 08:26:04 pm »
Good ol' Andy here is a POS Leftard who works for the Communist Party of China. Everything he says is a lie because he is a human piece of garbage who indeed works for Communists voluntarily......

Farewll, the Gutenberg Galaxy; Hello, the Zuckerberg Zoo

http://splash247.com/farewell-gutenberg-galaxy-hello-zuckerberg-zoo/

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 08:26:42 pm »
So, the gist of the story is the Alarmists are not alarming enough?  Do I have that correct?

Yup.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 08:29:09 pm »
Yup.

Reading that article was like swimming across an Olympic-sized pool of snot.  So it appears I came through it with my sense of the world intact.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: