Author Topic: Fallen soldier's widow 'very angry' about Trump's call, says he 'couldn't remember' husband's name  (Read 8328 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Widow said this morning on GMA she was not allowed to view her husband's body.  In the Pentagon briefing today, Lt. Gen. Dunford said it's policy that the family has the final say whether they do or not, but there are times the service will suggest they perhaps should not.

You know, given the time it took for recovery and the elements involved, these animals mutilated and desecrated his corpse.  Doesn't anyone remember Black Hawk Down?

I can't forget.  The Somalis were particularly fond of mutilating the bodies of the soldiers they killed.  I would imagine these Daesh a-holes are no different.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online corbe

The sooner Trump's ego lets this go (GWB style) the sooner it gets out of the news cycle.
   He cannot win this on twitter or with Sanders at his pulpit.
   I had hoped Kelly would instill in him enough maturity to pick his battles better and the discipline to adhere to that but alas, foiled again.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Night Hides Not

Well if you wanted legislative action,  you should have elected a Republican Congress,  not just a Republican President. 

:thud: :thud: :thud:

DL, I tried brother, but too many "Republicans" decided to nominate a populist New Yorker who's been a Democrat most of his life.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 09:07:35 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
   The sooner Trump's ego lets this go (GWB style) the sooner it gets out of the news cycle.
   I had hoped Kelly would instill in him enough maturity to pick his battles better and the discipline to adhere to that but alas, foiled again.

Kelly is very good, but nobody is that good.

Offline DiogenesLamp

DL, I tried brother, but too many "Republicans" decided to nominate a populist New Yorker who's been a Democrat most of his life.

Fortunately he hasn't turned out as bad as I expected he would be.    But yes,   I thought we were getting a Democrat too,   just one that wasn't as bad as Hillary.   

I am surprised that he is actually pushing ideas that the conservative side of the nation wants.   

I don't care about the petty fights,  so long as we finally get some wins.    We are getting some wins.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Kelly is very good, but nobody is that good.

He even managed to drag Kelly and his son into it - which I’m sure wasn’t appreciated at all.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Night Hides Not

Didn't Kelly try to talk him out of making those calls? Trump rebuffed his advice, and I admire him for making the effort to reach out. Trump's problem is that he can't let anything go.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline musiclady

Didn't Kelly try to talk him out of making those calls? Trump rebuffed his advice, and I admire him for making the effort to reach out. Trump's problem is that he can't let anything go.

The ever present problem of his immaturity.....  :shrug:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Night Hides Not

Fortunately he hasn't turned out as bad as I expected he would be.    But yes,   I thought we were getting a Democrat too,   just one that wasn't as bad as Hillary.   

I am surprised that he is actually pushing ideas that the conservative side of the nation wants.   

I don't care about the petty fights,  so long as we finally get some wins.    We are getting some wins.

Fair enough, DL. I find little to disagree with here. I am thankful he defeated Hillary.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Most of us did not realize that many of them were Democrats with an (R) beside their name.   Now that we better understand the Washington establishment "uni-party",   we can take more appropriate steps.

That is very true. Many congressmen have been outed completely and obviously since Trump became President. Their words no longer have any meaning to most voters, since they have been exposed as blatant liars.

Trump called their bluff, and they all folded. It is true that it is more clear than ever before which Republicans are actually Democrats, and which ones belong to the uni-party. They can't lie their way out of it anymore.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Do you really think the democrats and the media were prepared to drop this?  Seriously.   **nononono*

That post did not address or refer to the widow.  It referred to the phony Cowboy congressperson.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
   Brilliant @RoosGirl this is lost on just a few here, thanks for sharing.   

There are a few NT'ers here that are much hated and argued with constantly (I don't consider myself a part of that small group), though I could be wrong.  In my feeble mind the few AT'ers here that I'm not to particularly fond of usually always have my respect as fellow Briefers. It reminds me of Thanksgiving Dinner with my Trump loving Family, they Love to Hate me and the vigorous debate is always entertaining and enlightening. If there was a point I was trying to make it got lost in this smoky haze.

It's a shame that @RoosGirl does not adhere to the standard she suggests.  She is one of the worst offenders.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline RoosGirl

It's a shame that @RoosGirl does not adhere to the standard she suggests.  She is one of the worst offenders.

What can I say?  I yam what I yam.  I know I'm not as unwavering and steadfast in my support for Trump as you have been, but who can be?  I doubt there are many people here who have gone from saying they wish Hillary would win, like you did, to being keen on Trump.  In fact, I think you may be the only one.  You are fully healed.  Congratulations.

Online corbe

AHHH @Emjay you're hitting below the infamous Boob Belt. Roos has enduring qualities just as you do, at least, to this horny ol man's eyes (can I say that?)  She's an acquired taste similar to @Frank Cannon but much easier on the harmony of the soul in her wit and charm. 
   Have you seen that snapchat video online of her getting out of her SUV in her classic red miniskirt and high heels?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

What are you talking about? @RoosGirl has very low standards. Why do you think she tolerates me?

I am also saddened to hear that I am not the worst offender here. I am fairly offensive.

Offline Frank Cannon

Have you seen that snapchat video online of her getting out of her SUV in her classic red miniskirt and high heels?

I for one have not seen that. Could you please forward that to me for further research purposes of course.

Offline RoosGirl

I'll save y'all some trouble.  Here's a close up, still shot.

@Frank Cannon
@corbe

Online corbe

Obviously the carpet doesn't match the drapes.

Offline stephen50right

This lady was going to knock Trump no matter what he said, and we all know it.

Offline Frank Cannon

I'll save y'all some trouble.  Here's a close up, still shot.

@Frank Cannon
@corbe

Now I see why you get so "catty" once in a while.

Offline aligncare

I’m curious if there are those here who believe this woman is immune from criticism because of her status as a Gold Star widow? Particularly if she goes on Good Morning America and makes it political by attacking the president even before the flowers had wilted on her husband’s grave.

Offline bilo

He even managed to drag Kelly and his son into it - which I’m sure wasn’t appreciated at all.

I don't think he "dragged" Gen. Kelly into this. It's much more likely that Gen Kelly saw how everything Pres. Trump did was being misrepresented and he wanted to set the record straight. If you listened to Gen. Kelly's press conference you know where Pres. Trump got the phrase "he knew what he was getting into".

It's easy to see why the Pubs get beaten so easily by the Rats. At the first sign of resistance the instinct is to retreat. Pres. Trump doesn't retreat. He didn't start this issue. He did the honorable thing in calling the widow and expressing his condolences. Pres. Trump deserves our support on this issue and the Rats deserve our condemnation for dishonoring the noble sacrifice of this soldier.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Concerned

I don’t “know” that. I base conclusions of fact on data. What definitive facts, data, or evidence do you have to “know” this?  Just curious.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Concerned

I’m curious if there are those here who believe this woman is immune from criticism because of her status as a Gold Star widow? Particularly if she goes on Good Morning America and makes it political by attacking the president even before the flowers had wilted on her husband’s grave.

I don’t think she is immune from criticism, but I think the criticism should be based on fact and not speculation.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
corbe I removed your post as this is a serious topic and it's not to be highjacked.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34