Author Topic: Fallen soldier's widow 'very angry' about Trump's call, says he 'couldn't remember' husband's name  (Read 8452 times)

Offline aligncare

I don't think he "dragged" Gen. Kelly into this. It's much more likely that Gen Kelly saw how everything Pres. Trump did was being misrepresented and he wanted to set the record straight. If you listened to Gen. Kelly's press conference you know where Pres. Trump got the phrase "he knew what he was getting into".

It's easy to see why the Pubs get beaten so easily by the Rats. At the first sign of resistance the instinct is to retreat. Pres. Trump doesn't retreat. He didn't start this issue. He did the honorable thing in calling the widow and expressing his condolences. Pres. Trump deserves our support on this issue and the Rats deserve our condemnation for dishonoring the noble sacrifice of this soldier.

Heard some guy say she’s a grieving widow and should be left alone. Yeah? I didn’t see any grieving when she was in front of millions of viewers on Good Morning America keeping up her end of an organized political attack.

Online corbe

I am Sorry @mystery-ak  that thought did occur to me right after I stupidly posted that.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I’m curious if there are those here who believe this woman is immune from criticism because of her status as a Gold Star widow? Particularly if she goes on Good Morning America and makes it political by attacking the president even before the flowers had wilted on her husband’s grave.

Immune?  Perhaps for the moment.  At least until the flowers wilt on her husband's grave.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I don't think he "dragged" Gen. Kelly into this. It's much more likely that Gen Kelly saw how everything Pres. Trump did was being misrepresented and he wanted to set the record straight. If you listened to Gen. Kelly's press conference you know where Pres. Trump got the phrase "he knew what he was getting into".

Except I was referring to this, which he said last week....

"You could ask General Kelly, did he get a call from Obama?" Trump said in a radio interview with Fox News' Brian Kilmeade.

Completely unnecessary, petulant, and outright crass.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I’m curious if there are those here who believe this woman is immune from criticism because of her status as a Gold Star widow? Particularly if she goes on Good Morning America and makes it political by attacking the president even before the flowers had wilted on her husband’s grave.

Yes and NO

Yes for the ime being..she is in the first stages of grief...ever been there...I have..it is nothing but anger and denial.

Whe she regains her composure and stops listening to the voices around her, maybe then.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline stephen50right

You are absolutely right. The second she went on that show, she lost her "immunity" whether she likes it or not.

Offline bilo

Heard some guy say she’s a grieving widow and should be left alone. Yeah? I didn’t see any grieving when she was in front of millions of viewers on Good Morning America keeping up her end of an organized political attack.

I also recall her asking why did it take so long to get his body. My first thought was she's grieving and not thinking about what a mess a combat situation can be. Now I can't help but wonder why she decided to speak up now. Gen Kelly's press conference was as supportive of her as it was of Pres. Trump. The only person totally discredited was wilson. Everything was settling down and she comes out with new accusations against Pres. Trump and supports wilson. She is either getting very bad advise, is complicit in the attempt to damage Pres. Trump, or is a fool.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

Immune?  Perhaps for the moment.  At least until the flowers wilt on her husband's grave.

How does her attack on Pres. Trump honor her dead husband? His great crime was he called to offer her his condolences.

Offline bilo

Except I was referring to this, which he said last week....

"You could ask General Kelly, did he get a call from Obama?" Trump said in a radio interview with Fox News' Brian Kilmeade.

Completely unnecessary, petulant, and outright crass.

I agree with you that it was unnecessary, maybe even petulant, but how was it outright crass?

Offline Fantom

Yes and NO

Yes for the ime being..she is in the first stages of grief...ever been there...I have..it is nothing but anger and denial.

Whe she regains her composure and stops listening to the voices around her, maybe then.

Of course, if one did not die at birth.... s'fice to say ...we ALL have been there. Will be there again.

Having said that. Most people.. especially military people. Do not have a harpy like the Rodeo Clown listing into a private call from The President of the United States... consoling as best as can be.on her grief.

This is racist BS... the "mother" is pissing on her dead son...... sad.

Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline edpc

I agree with you that it was unnecessary, maybe even petulant, but how was it outright crass?

Probably because it fits the definition......

crass

[kras]
adjective - without refinement, delicacy, or sensitivity; gross; obtuse; stupid

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

I've struggled to understand this verse on occasion, but now I think I get it.

Offline Fantom

crass

[kras]

Ah... like what the Rodeo Clown and "mother" have done.  Got it!
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline edpc

Ah... like what the Rodeo Clown and "mother" have done.  Got it!

It’s his wife. Get the facts straight before opining.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 11:57:50 pm by edpc »

Offline Fantom

It’s his wife.  Get the facts straight before opining.

Ok, you certainly changed the value of my posts with that one..... powerful :thud:...

Fact is even clearer. Mom is good... stands to reason... raised a great American. It is the wife who is the same as the racist Rodeo Clown.  Is that better with you?

Personally, I feel more for a Mother/Father the death of a son/daughter than a short term spouse.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 12:03:35 am by Fantom »

Frederick Douglass

Offline bilo

Yes and NO

I have as well, but instead of anger and denial it was turning to the Lord and asking Him to help my wife and I get through this because we couldn't without him.

I really suspect what we are witnessing is how leftist ideology is more important to it's believers than anything else. It's all about trying to damage Pres. Trump. I don't for a second believe he called Mysheia to be disrespectful, or add to her misery. He called to offer his condolences. I can see how someone could misinterpret the comment "he knew what he was getting into", but Gen. Kelly cleared that up at his press conference. Now Mysheia goes on good morning America and is angry that Pres. Trump didn't know her husbands name. It seems to be a moving target for the outrage. No matter what we are supposed to come away from this thinking less of Pres. Trump.

In response Pres. Trump won't stand for it and fights back. Obviously we aren't used to this kind of a response. Pubs usually just don't say a thing and try to let the matter rest. I do feel for Mysheia. I have great respect for the willingness to go into harms way of her husband. I respect Pres. Trump more than I did before because he sought sound counsel before calling the widow and his desire to call and offer condolences. Also, as unusual as it may seem I respect Pres. Trump for not allowing false accusations to go unanswered.

Offline DiogenesLamp

You are absolutely right. The second she went on that show, she lost her "immunity" whether she likes it or not.

Cindy Sheehan.   Nothing but a prop for the left.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

She is either getting very bad advise, is complicit in the attempt to damage Pres. Trump, or is a fool.

Yes. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline edpc

Ok, you certainly changed the value of my posts with that one..... powerful :thud:...

Fact is even clearer. Mom is good... stands to reason... raised a great American. It is the wife who is the same as the racist Rodeo Clown.  Is that better with you?

Yes, because you sound more like someone who is actually thinking through your opinion and less like a knee-jerk dope who couldn't find his own posterior with both hands and a map.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 12:14:44 am by edpc »

Offline Fantom

I have as well, but instead of anger and denial it was turning to the Lord and asking Him to help my wife and I get through this because we couldn't without him.

I really suspect what we are witnessing is how leftist ideology is more important to it's believers than anything else. It's all about trying to damage Pres. Trump. I don't for a second believe he called Mysheia to be disrespectful, or add to her misery. He called to offer his condolences. I can see how someone could misinterpret the comment "he knew what he was getting into", but Gen. Kelly cleared that up at his press conference. Now Mysheia goes on good morning America and is angry that Pres. Trump didn't know her husbands name. It seems to be a moving target for the outrage. No matter what we are supposed to come away from this thinking less of Pres. Trump.

In response Pres. Trump won't stand for it and fights back. Obviously we aren't used to this kind of a response. Pubs usually just don't say a thing and try to let the matter rest. I do feel for Mysheia. I have great respect for the willingness to go into harms way of her husband. I respect Pres. Trump more than I did before because he sought sound counsel before calling the widow and his desire to call and offer condolences. Also, as unusual as it may seem I respect Pres. Trump for not allowing false accusations to go unanswered.

Good post!  :beer:

I reserve my judgement on the motives of the wife to my belief she is an active participant with the Rodeo Clown.

Other than that.....   888high58888

Frederick Douglass

Offline Concerned

Yes and NO

Certainly different people react to loss differently, but the Kubler-Ross Stages of Grief supports your assessment of denial and anger, which are the first two stages that many of us go through.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 12:14:45 am by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline bilo

crass

[kras]

Okay, I can see that. Pres Trump is not refined he's a fighter. He's not delicate he is more crude, straightforward, and harsh. I wouldn't say he lacks sensitivity, he cared enough to want to call the widow and offer his condolences. I don't think you could ever accuse him of being stupid. He may say the wrong things at the wrong time, but he does have a good understanding of what he's doing and why.

Offline Fantom

Yes, because you sound more like someone who is thinking through your opinion and less like a knee-jerk dope who couldn't find his own posterior with both hands and a map.

Works with me edpc.  Although the opine is sound.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 12:24:34 am by Fantom »

Frederick Douglass

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

BULLSH*T
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
This lady was going to knock Trump no matter what he said, and we all know it.

Really genius? And you know this how?

Seriously some people should refrain from this particular topic.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!