Author Topic: BOMBSHELL: Flu shots scientifically proven to weaken immune response in subsequent years… researchers stunned  (Read 3000 times)

Offline musiclady

My getting the flu has nothing to do with the shot.

The years I get the shot, I don't get the flu.  The years I don't get the shot, I don't get the flu.

I get lots of sleep and exercise, take Airborne regularly, eat right, don't smoke, and wash my hands frequently.

I didn't get the shot last year.  I AM getting it this year, as well as the pneumonia shot.

Makes no difference either way.

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
I've gotten a flu shot every year, no problem until last year. Five days with something. Flu, or cold but I was really sick. 103 temp, vomiting, the whole nine yards.

That sounds like a stomach bug, not the flu.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
How about polio, diphtheria, small pox, etc.?

Vaccine Trial Regulation Errors

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccine_trial

Poliomyelitis, a viral disease, has the potential to damage the central nervous system and leave children paralyzed. Jonas Salk developed an attenuated vaccine to combat the rising prevalence of the disease around the world. In 1955 the results from the preliminary trial of Salk’s vaccine were announced to the general public and within 2 hours it was licensed.[6] Due to a lack of regulations on pharmaceutical manufacturers the vaccine was not always as pure as possible or done correctly to prevent adverse effects associated with inserting an attenuated virus into a healthy person. The famous Cutter Incident resulted in many recipients of the defective polio virus from the Cutter company contracting a virulent strain of polio causing paralysis. Vaccine trials and manufacturing must be handled with extreme caution to avoid infecting recipients or causing adverse effects. The public has not returned to the same confidence level in science and vaccines since the Cutter Incident, which risks public health for everyone.[6]
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 06:16:12 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
You are a bunch of kook nutjobs. You post from idiot websites, you believe stupid things.
If I just jumped into the middle of your discussion and called you a stupid mf'er it really would not add much to the discussion, now, would it?

If this is "kook nutjob" stuff, then you should be able to refute it in a rational and reasonable manner.

Trot out your facts. Source your material. By all means shoot the "wacko conspiracy theory nutjob" stuff down.

You don't know me, and you calling me a "kook nutjob" would be funny if you smiled when you said it and I was in a really good mood.

You see, in a physics class many, many years ago (while in grad school on a full NSF ride) I asked the professor a question (actually, it was after class) about the velocity of gravity.

Yeah, silly me.  I figured with E=mc2, if that is indeed correct, then a star loses mass as it releases energy. When that mass declines, FG, which is equal to G(m1*m2)/r2 would change, too. When that happens, the change in gravitational force should change at a distance after that change is felt close to the star, therefore, gravity is a propagated energy form, and has a velocity of propagation. Made sense to me, and if I was wrong, I wanted a rational explanation why.

I was told by the professor, in plain terms that if I ever brought that 'nutjob' stuff up in his class again (actually it was after class) he'd flunk me, no matter what grade I had earned.

Now, 40 years later, physicists are out looking at gravity waves. Gee, hoodathunkit?

So don't pull that bleep 'nutjob' shit on me. Explain yourself or stick to the fashion threads.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

My getting the flu has nothing to do with the shot.

The years I get the shot, I don't get the flu.  The years I don't get the shot, I don't get the flu.

I get lots of sleep and exercise, take Airborne regularly, eat right, don't smoke, and wash my hands frequently.

I didn't get the shot last year.  I AM getting it this year, as well as the pneumonia shot.

Makes no difference either way.

I missed getting the flu shot one year since I've been an adult.  I missed over a week of work with the flu that year. 

I continue to get the shot, going on 3 decades now.  That was the only time I have gotten the flu.  YMMV.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 06:54:03 pm by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline RoosGirl

I am always amazed how people lose their minds over the topic of vaccines.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
My doctor recommends flu and pneumonia shots, so I get them.

My grandmother had a masters degree in biology and was a professor; my mother has a degree in chemistry.

I was encouraged to be educated, to be interested in science. Our country won wars, put men into space, with science.

And during my youth science eradicated diseases like Polio. (As an adult I learned my paternal grandfather was 1 of 7 children born to their parents, but only 4 made it to adulthood, as 3 died the same week from diphtheria)
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Smokin Joe

How about polio, diphtheria, small pox, etc.?
I was referring to Polio. Since we are talking about that, it is funny this little problem is okay to discuss if this is the source, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SV40, but not okay to discuss if this is: https://www.naturalnews.com/032854_sv40_polio_vaccines.html.  The first link also links the nearly 3 dozen peer reviewed sources in the article, the latter has colorful ads in the margins which means someone is making a living off it. Just like Fox News does every 5-7 minutes with colorful ads.

Regardless, while the conclusions of the early studies were that some of the Polio vaccines may have had a carcinogenic virus along for the ride http://www.sv40foundation.org/CPV-link.html, most of us didn't get Polio, although a couple of my classmates in school had had the virus and suffered its effects (and were handicapped as a result).

Most of the problem from vaccines doesn't come from the actual primary antigenic agent, but appear to stem from squalene (an adjuvant added to retain efficacy and allow more doses to be made from the same amount of viral material), and the preservatives used (like Thiomersol , better known under its trade name "Merthiolate", the mercury bearing orange stuff mommy used to paint your boo-boos with if she didn't use Tincture of Iodine or Hydrogen Peroxide for an antiseptic).  There are people who attribute the squalene in vaccines for everything from the rise of peanut allergies to Gulf War Syndrome And it's okay if some one cites a source like http://www.whale.to/vaccine/adjuvants.html, but is "kook nutjob" if you find it here: https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/08/04/Squalene-The-Swine-Flu-Vaccines-Dirty-Little-Secret-Exposed.aspx

Now, I'll be the first to point out that the colorful sites with the ads in the borders tend to over hype things. Often enough, the conclusions they present aren't completely, or at times, at all supported by the data and sources they cite, and at times the research material on issues is conflicted. Maybe that depends on who funded the study, maybe (and I would hope) not. With the AGW/Global Warming/Climate change bunch, scientific credibility has taken a black eye, and as a scientist, I resent that diminution of my profession by charlatans so I really don't have a problem with wiping the board clear of them.

But, as a scientist I have a problem with labeling something "Kook" or "nutcase", which is not only intellectually lazy, but fails to so much as consider any evidence. If that evidence or the conclusions drawn from it are flawed, that should be demonstrable, and the flawed theories can be discarded, in a reasonable fashion. If not, we can delve deeper, but either way, let's do so with rational arguments rather than emotionalized labels. We can keep in mind that some sites tend to be more hype than truth, but even the most egregious lies have some element of truth in them. If not, that should be evident, too.

As for vaccines, yes some of them have been so effective as to be game changers. Some of those same vaccines have proven lethal in individual cases, and that continues to occur. There is a number of persons who will have adverse reactions to the squalene or other adjuvant present, even fatal reactions. There are people who will have little reaction to the vaccine, and it will have no effect in increasing their immunity either. We're dealing with a population at that level, and it's all statistical. However, jut because every other kid in the room can take penicillin and find it beneficial, doesn't mean MY kid can take it and not have a potentially lethal anaphylactic reaction. Because different people react differently, and the individual is more likely to rely on personal experience than a statistical mean, and more likely to function as an individual rather than the statistical mean, the decision should lie with the individual.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

I missed getting the flu shot one year since I've been an adult.  I missed over a week of work with the flu that year. 

I continue to get the shot, going on 3 decades now.  That was the only time I have gotten the flu.  YMMV.
You hit upon the salient point with "YMMV". That's just it. It does. Not just for me, but for any individual.

The statistical data used to come to a conclusion that a given treatment or preventative is effective is the result of analysis of data gathered from people who all vary in terms of the efficacy of that treatment, for whatever reason. Some will have natural immunity. Others will not, and the vaccine will help. Other factors, like exposure to the pathogen, general health, resistance to the pathogen or prior exposure, nutrition, may all be variables which will affect the efficacy of any given treatment. In a nutshell, what works for you may not for me, any more than I might find a winter coat for Houston adequate for Minot.

But for that same reason, telling everyone they have to have a vaccine isn't such a good idea. The more who have it and find it effective and without adverse effect, the less disease will be present in the population, statistically speaking, but after enough are immune to the pathogen that transmission is hampered enough to prevent major outbreaks and reduce the number of minor ones ("herd immunity").

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

But for that same reason, telling everyone they have to have a vaccine isn't such a good idea. The more who have it and find it effective and without adverse effect, the less disease will be present in the population, statistically speaking, but after enough are immune to the pathogen that transmission is hampered enough to prevent major outbreaks and reduce the number of minor ones ("herd immunity").

Yup, I have a buddy who doesn't like the idea of taking the flu shot himself.  But he mainly keeps that to himself and encourages everyone around him that they should get a flu shot.  He recognizes it does help keep the spread of the flu down.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
The vaccine will not prevent you from getting the flu. My doctor was vaccinated and still got the flu. If you are exposed enough, you will probably get the flu. But the vaccine makes it less hard on you.

Vaccines work. That has been proven. Does the vaccine make you sick? Probably not. It is probably more coincidental. Most people I know confuse a stomach bug with "Stomach flu". Stomach flu doesn't exist. These are two separate things.

I suspect most anti-vaxxers secretly get vaccinated. The only Anti-vaxxer I knew personally did get vaccinations. He didn't want to take the risk.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

You post kooky, nutty garbage from natural news, I'm going to <No, no you're not.>
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 08:58:47 pm by Mod1 »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I was referring to Polio. Since we are talking about that, it is funny this little problem is okay to discuss if this is the source, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SV40, but not okay to discuss if this is: https://www.naturalnews.com/032854_sv40_polio_vaccines.html.  The first link also links the nearly 3 dozen peer reviewed sources in the article, the latter has colorful ads in the margins which means someone is making a living off it. Just like Fox News does every 5-7 minutes with colorful ads.

:da man:

That was beautiful, Joe.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I had a flu shot and a pneumonia shot last fall before I started treatment for my Hep C last year, on the advice of my doctors. They told me that to get either one (of those bugs) in the midst of treatment would likely kill me. First and probably the last time for both shots.

Other than that I had my childhood shots. Anyone remember the "gun" they used for the combined shots?

I got vaccinated, or boosted, for those foreign "summer" diseases before I went overseas in the early 80s...yellow fever, rabies, etc.

Some years I get the flu. Some I don't. I go with the idea of that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

There is also "mere" anecdotal evidence from family members on the things they seem to be susceptible to. If they have it, please stay away from me.

I think vaccination is overall beneficial. On the other hand, Americans seem to be more able than most to self-prescribe and overmedicate.

On the hand other than the other hand, I freely admit to having, at times, been a cyberchondriac. On the hand on the arm I grew out of my back living in and around the nuclear radiation from the Idaho National Laboratory, I did correctly diagnose my first DVT. So there.  :tongue2:

As to the matter: Slight of hand (referencing references to kookiness), I covered that in Chapter Two, (starting on) page 32, under the presumptive suggestion titled The "Big Bitch-Little Bitch Paradigm" in my book: Bigheadfred's Incomprehensible and Incoherent Rantology.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
I haven't had a flu shot in decades.

And now that I'm no longer tripping over a rent sharing room mate who believed soap, water, Brillo pads etc. were only to be applied to their own hide and not the rest of place, I don't get the flu.

Just saying.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Aren't there multiple flu strains each year, with "the flu" shot protecting you against one or more, but potentially not all of them (partially because some strains have never been seen before)?

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Smokin Joe

You post kooky, nutty garbage from natural news, I'm going to <No, no you're not.>
So if I post the identical material from the NEJM, that's okay? But if my search engine pops up with Natural News and the article is based on the paper published in NEJM that isn't, whether or not Natural News got it right? Does that mean everyone here has to have our posts, even of first hand information, peer reviewed? 

Who made you the gatekeeper of all that's acceptable?

If you can prove it wrong, if you see a problem with it, pony up there, and let's see your information or logic which refutes it.

That's the way real science works.

Otherwise, You got nothing.  :shrug:

(Because otherwise, half of Republicans out there voted for president based on articles in the National Enquirer, and I can't say how low I generally consider that for an information source... )

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Only had serious flu twice in my life. Both times were after having taken a flu shot.

Not how it works for most I'm sure but that is definitely how it worked for me.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

Only had serious flu twice in my life. Both times were after having taken a flu shot.

Not how it works for most I'm sure but that is definitely how it worked for me.
The positive effect of flu shots, like any other medicine, is a statistical group which is larger than the group which exhibited any of that list of adverse side effects.

Understanding that, some things work for some people, some even work for most people, some don't work at all for a few people, and some even make a few people worse.

It is what works for you. I have never had a flu shot, and never had the flu.  :shrug:

We are each datum points in the data pool from the use of the medication, but because the statistical mean is one result, there is no guarantee that our individual results will coincide with that, only a higher statistical probability.
Conversely, having one of those undesirable outcomes isn't a sign someone is a 'kook nutjob', they just fall elsewhere in the data. Failure to recognize that the group who have anywhere from no effect to undesirable outcomes does, in fact, exist, is just not looking at reality, and not accepting that each person is a somewhat similar, but genetically unique, biochemical environment.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

Aren't there multiple flu strains each year, with "the flu" shot protecting you against one or more, but potentially not all of them (partially because some strains have never been seen before)?

Yes, and there are multiple different flu vaccines available each year as well.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/65/rr/rr6505a1.htm#T1_down

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
(Because otherwise, half of Republicans out there voted for president based on articles in the National Enquirer, and I can't say how low I generally consider that for an information source... )

Read the conclusion of the study, it does not warrant such an inflammatory article. Media is often ignorant in matters of science but NN takes ignorance to a whole new level.

Offline Smokin Joe

Read the conclusion of the study, it does not warrant such an inflammatory article. Media is often ignorant in matters of science but NN takes ignorance to a whole new level.
Read post 11 in this thread where I quoted the conclusion, and and my comments there. I agree, the conclusion from the paper cited did not support the headline, and I said
Back to doing what works for you.
Simply stating that the headline is not supported by the information is so much more rational than branding people "Kooks and nutjobs". 

The MSM commonly posts articles under headlines not supported by the information, or which are hyperbole, yet we still use them for sources. As with all media caveat emptor.

C S Lewis

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.

I guess these people were not in line when god was handing out immune systems.

Why would you assume God would "hand out" the same immune system to everyone?

You wouldn't expect that from evolution... why expect it from God ??

Offline Applewood

Flu shot every year.  Pneumonia shot every 5 years.  Doctor's orders.  I'm one of those for whom either could be fatal. 

Had a mild bug after my last pneumonia shot.  Lasted 2 days.  Had pneumonia once and it almost killed me.  I'll take the mild symptoms for a few days over the real thing.