Author Topic: Widow releases Trump's call after her husband was killed in Afghanistan  (Read 2305 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Widow releases Trump's call after her husband was killed in Afghanistan
by Pete Kasperowicz | Oct 20, 2017, 8:03 AM

Natasha De Alencar released the audio of a phone conversation she had with President Trump in April about the death of her husband, Army Staff Sgt. Mark R. De Alencar, who was killed in Afghanistan.

"I am so sorry to hear about the whole situation. What a horrible thing, except that he's an unbelievable hero," Trump told her in the call.

video at link
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/widow-releases-trumps-call-after-her-husband-was-killed-in-afghanistan/article/2638138
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Concerned

Re: Widow releases Trump's call after her husband was killed in Afghanistan
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 02:03:28 pm »
I saw an interview with this widow this morning on CNN.  She was obviously very appreciative of the call from President Trump.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/20/politics/soldier-widow-shares-story-of-trump-call/index.html
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 02:25:10 pm »
"I am so sorry to hear about the whole situation. What a horrible thing, except that he's an unbelievable hero," Trump told her in the call.

"If you're around Washington, you come over and see me in the Oval Office," he said. "You just come over and see me because you are just the kind of family ... this is what we want."

"Say hello to your children, and tell them your father he was a great hero that I respected," Trump said. "Just tell them I said your father was a great hero."

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 02:28:54 pm »
The left had best be careful.  Remember how the harder the press was on Hillary Clinton, the more her sympathy factor rose?  If people feel that a public figure is being treated unfairly by the press, they feel sympathy for them.  I think that is happening here. 

Offline Concerned

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 02:44:17 pm »
The left had best be careful.  Remember how the harder the press was on Hillary Clinton, the more her sympathy factor rose?  If people feel that a public figure is being treated unfairly by the press, they feel sympathy for them.  I think that is happening here.

The only public figure I have any sympathy for in this whole sorted mess is General Kelly, who unwittingly got sucked into it and now has to relive/retell the notification of his son's death.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 02:47:11 pm »
The only public figure I have any sympathy for in this whole sorted mess is General Kelly, who unwittingly got sucked into it and now has to relive/retell the notification of his son's death.

Obviously, I wasn't talking about you!

Offline Concerned

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2017, 02:51:03 pm »
Obviously, I wasn't talking about you!

Well, I am a person (at least I think so).   :tongue2:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2017, 03:14:43 pm »
This is not the call with the woman who is accusing him of being insensitive, right?  That was a different woman?

Offline Concerned

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2017, 03:23:44 pm »
This is not the call with the woman who is accusing him of being insensitive, right?  That was a different woman?

Yes, different call.  Different widow.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2017, 03:37:31 pm »
Welp this backfired on the Dems big time then.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2017, 03:54:59 pm »

You are right.  It happens to me personally.  The more horribly unfair the press is, the more I feel called to support him.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2017, 04:05:28 pm »
You are right.  It happens to me personally.  The more horribly unfair the press is, the more I feel called to support him.

In the case of the "other call" it is possible for anyone to "take things the wrong way" IOW, to willfully misconstrue the meaning of something in order to cast the speaker in a bad light. There is no way to prevent malicious, hateful people from doing this.

The context of a comment like, "He knew what he was getting into" regarding military people is saying that they were courageous, heroic people because they "went into harm's way with eyes wide open", instead of naiveté. So it enhances the character of someone to make that observation.

The only other interpretation is that the president was trying to be deliberately offensive. Of course for leftists, who are incessantly, horrendously detached from reality in so many ways, believing that is as easy as taking a crap. 
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 04:07:21 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2017, 04:13:47 pm »
In the case of the "other call" it is possible for anyone to "take things the wrong way" IOW, to willfully misconstrue the meaning of something in order to cast the speaker in a bad light. There is no way to prevent malicious, hateful people from doing this.

The context of a comment like, "He knew what he was getting into" regarding military people is saying that they were courageous, heroic people because they "went into harm's way with eyes wide open", instead of naiveté. So it enhances the character of someone to make that observation.

The only other interpretation is that the president was trying to be deliberately offensive. Of course for leftists, who are incessantly, horrendously detached from reality in so many ways, believing that is as easy as taking a crap.

Here's what I suspect happened with that call.  He probably did make that comment, and given Trump's almost consistent lack of grace, did not come off in the empathetic way Sec Kelly made the same statement sound in his press conference.  I doubt Trump intended to offend the woman.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2017, 04:16:09 pm »

I think the President intended his comments to the family of Sgt. Johnson to recognize his courage for signing up for such a dangerous profession; however, it's also possible that Sgt. Johnson's family legitimately felt what and how the President said what he said was disrespectful or offensive to THEM.  It's possible that both of these things are true.  The most important thing to ME is how the Gold Star family took the comments and how they legitimately felt after receiving them.

I haven't previously heard anyone suggest that the President was being "deliberately offensive" (although there's probably some nutjob out there who has).   

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2017, 04:18:41 pm »
“I am so sorry to hear about the whole situation. What a horrible thing, except that he’s an unbelievable hero... Say hello to your children, and tell them your father he was a great hero that I respected..."

Boy Donny is a real jerk. We need to impeach him

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2017, 04:20:19 pm »
“I am so sorry to hear about the whole situation. What a horrible thing, except that he’s an unbelievable hero... Say hello to your children, and tell them your father he was a great hero that I respected..."

Boy Donny is a real jerk. We need to impeach him

This isn't the same phone call as the one that is being complained about.

Offline LateForLunch

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2017, 04:39:46 pm »
I think the President intended his comments to the family of Sgt. Johnson to recognize his courage for signing up for such a dangerous profession; however, it's also possible that Sgt. Johnson's family legitimately felt what and how the President said what he said was disrespectful or offensive to THEM.  It's possible that both of these things are true.  The most important thing to ME is how the Gold Star family took the comments and how they legitimately felt after receiving them.

I haven't previously heard anyone suggest that the President was being "deliberately offensive" (although there's probably some nutjob out there who has).

Both the widow and the Rep have said exactly that. Both of them are clearly hyper-partisans. The fact that the 'Crat rep was in the vehicle with the widow speaks volumes about her own agenda. Like every other leftist, the widow saw nothing untoward or undignified about trying to turn an attempt at extending courtesy and comfort to her into a political "resistence" moment.

That was what Kelly was referring to in how the rep turned a personal moment into a political one. That is exploitative. People who have just lost a loved-one in such a way should not be recruited into the political arena because it interferes with the grieving process.

Trying to explain that to a 'Crat SMF like that rep is like trying to explain astrophysics to a wild pig.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 04:46:57 pm by LateForLunch »

Offline Concerned

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2017, 04:48:08 pm »
Both the widow and the Rep have said exactly that. Both of them are clearly hyper-partisans. The fact that the 'Crat rep was in the vehicle with the widow speaks volumes about her own agenda. Like every other leftist, the widow saw nothing untoward or undignified about trying to turn an attempt at extending courtesy and comfort to her into a political "resistence" moment.

That was what Kelly was referring to in how the rep turned a personal moment into a political one. That is exploitative. People who have just lost a loved-one in such a way should not be recruited into the political arena because it interferes with the grieving process.

Trying to explain that to a 'Crat SMF like that rep is like trying to explain astrophysics to a wild pig.

Have you got a link supporting all that?  I haven't seen a public statement from the widow.  Thanks in advance.

Offline LateForLunch

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2017, 05:07:39 pm »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/10/18/totally-fabricated-trump-disputes-congresswomans-depiction-of-his-exchange-with-soldiers-widow/?utm_term=.46d0eb613fcc

Clearly the "mother" (she is not the deceased soldier's birth mother, who died) was prompted by the 'Crat rep with her, so I don't really blame her for her idiotic statement. She is not in her right mind. Which is why politicians should stay the Hell away from grieving loved ones.

I'm frankly a little surprised by your request. Have you been living in a box under the freeway or something? This is common knowledge from the day the "controversy" was launched by the 'Crat rep.

And BTW, if you want to try to turn this into some sort of debate Concerned, don't waste your time. If you can't understand or acknowledge that both the rep and the "mother" clearly meant that the disrespect was deliberate and that they were disparaging both the president's character and intellect , then we are way too far apart on our respective views of reality for any constructive exchange.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 05:08:09 pm by LateForLunch »

Offline Concerned

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2017, 05:16:04 pm »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/10/18/totally-fabricated-trump-disputes-congresswomans-depiction-of-his-exchange-with-soldiers-widow/?utm_term=.46d0eb613fcc

Clearly the "mother" (she is not the deceased soldier's birth mother, who died) was prompted by the 'Crat rep with her, so I don't really blame her for her idiotic statement. She is not in her right mind. Which is why politicians should stay the Hell away from grieving loved ones.

I'm frankly a little surprised by your request. Have you been living in a box under the freeway or something? This is common knowledge from the day the "controversy" was launched by the 'Crat rep.

And BTW, if you want to try to turn this into some sort of debate Concerned, don't waste your time. If you can't understand or acknowledge that both the rep and the "mother" clearly meant that the disrespect was deliberate and that they were disparaging both the president's character and intellect , then we are way too far apart on our respective views of reality for any constructive exchange.

I’ve seen what the mother said, but you said the widow said it. I hadn't seen a statement from the widow (as I said previously) which is why I asked for the link. 

Offline LateForLunch

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2017, 05:32:42 pm »
I’ve seen what the mother said, but you said the widow said it. I hadn't seen a statement from the widow (as I said previously) which is why I asked for the link.

hah hah no, that is on me. I misspoke. There is no widow. As far as I am aware, the heroic soldier who was killed was not married. 'Sorry for my error.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2017, 05:36:17 pm »
hah hah no, that is on me. I misspoke. There is no widow. As far as I am aware, the heroic soldier who was killed was not married. 'Sorry for my error.

No problem. He was married in August 2014 per the below story. FYI.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2017/10/18/fallen-sgt-la-david-johnson-caught-in-trump-call-controversy-was-a-family-oriented-soldier/?utm_term=.81dad07a9897
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 05:36:39 pm by Concerned »

Offline LateForLunch

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2017, 05:57:10 pm »
No problem. He was married in August 2014 per the below story. FYI.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2017/10/18/fallen-sgt-la-david-johnson-caught-in-trump-call-controversy-was-a-family-oriented-soldier/?utm_term=.81dad07a9897

Thanks, but the Post article in the link goes directly to the pay wall login so I couldn't read it (I don't subscribe to leftist publications).

Different article refer to Myeshia Johnson as both the slain Green Beret David Johnson's mother AND his widow. She looks more like the age to be a widow. Confusion abounds. 'Looking for more definitive information so we can all be clear. Geez.   
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 06:09:37 pm by LateForLunch »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2017, 06:02:44 pm »
This isn't the same phone call as the one that is being complained about.

What the hell does that matter? Let's impeach him anyway. Everyone who agrees with that, but on a ridiculously stupid hat....

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2017, 06:06:44 pm »
What the hell does that matter? Let's impeach him anyway. Everyone who agrees with that, but on a ridiculously stupid hat....

I only wear my stupid hat with my ankle boots and skinny jeans, and the skinny jeans are in the wash.  So I guess I'm going to have to disagree.