Author Topic: Free at last! Overjoyed woman tears off her black burqa after her home is liberated from ISIS in Raqqa  (Read 559 times)

Offline Suppressed

Free at last! Overjoyed woman tears off her black burqa after her home is liberated from ISIS in Raqqa
  • The clip was released by the anti-ISIS People's Protection Units
  • It shows the woman tearing off the black robes enforced on her by sharia law
  • It comes as forces fighting ISIS say they are on the brink of recapturing Raqqa
By Joe Sheppard For Mailonline
PUBLISHED: 06:24 EDT, 16 October 2017 | UPDATED: 13:09 EDT, 16 October 2017

A woman has been filmed ripping off her black burqa after her home was liberated from ISIS, Kurdish forces have claimed.

It comes as soldiers fighting the Islamic terror group are on the brink of recapturing Raqqa - a major stronghold in Syria.

The clip was released by the People's Protection Units and shows the unknown woman hugging fighters before kissing the ground.

[...]

The clip was released by the People's Protection Units and shows the unknown woman hugging fighters before kissing the ground

[...]

Excerpt.

Looks like perhaps an abayya, not a burka (which is from Afghanistan), but whatever...it's cool to see.

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

In the famous words of Rod Stewart, "Every Picture Tells a Story"
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Suppressed

Link:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4984442/Woman-celebrates-liberated-ISIS-Raqqa.html

@Sanguine
Thank you!  I sometimes forget to paste the link itself...I wish I could copy the Title, Author, Date, and Link all at once!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine
Thank you!  I sometimes forget to paste the link itself...I wish I could copy the Title, Author, Date, and Link all at once!

No problem. 

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
In the famous words of Rod Stewart, "Every Picture Tells a Story"

Nice quote :)
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline bolobaby

The sad truth is that, in that part of the world, she probably had this experience shortly afterwards...

How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!