Author Topic: NFL Goes Left: Won't Force Players To Stand For Anthem, Focuses On Social Justice  (Read 845 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

NFL Goes Left: Won't Force Players To Stand For Anthem, Focuses On Social Justice

Commissioner Goodell has a plan "to use our platform to both raise awareness and make progress on issues of social justice and equality in this country."

ByRyan Saavedra
October 13, 2017

The National Football League announced on Friday that it wants to use its platform to raise awareness for social justice issues and that it does not plan to mandate that players stand for the U.S. national anthem.

Commissioner Roger Goodell and the head of the NFL Players Association are expected to meet with team owners this next week in New York, where they will discuss possible solutions on how to end the national anthem protests, Reuters reported.

more
http://www.dailywire.com/news/22256/nfl-goes-left-wont-force-players-stand-anthem-ryan-saavedra
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Watching College Game day on ESPN right now.

They are at James Madison U who plays Villanova.  Why?

ESPN changed venue from the UT/OU game in order to try to influence NFL fans by acting patriotic (wearing James Madison clothing) and belaboring patriotism.

Pretty pathetic and blatant pandering. Who cares about JMU vs Villanova when it comes to college football.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 05:44:51 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline RoosGirl

This must be fake news.

Offline berdie

I really wish I care what Goodell, the NFL and NFLPA has to say but...

I already turned slowly three times and said "I divorce you" at the end of each turn.

Whatever they do will be profit driven. That isn't a bad thing...but maybe they should have thought about it earlier.

Offline musiclady

Bye, bye NFL! :seeya:

Enjoying watching the Buckeyes destroy Nebraska even as I type.  :patriot:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline thackney

Bye, bye NFL! :seeya:

Enjoying watching the Buckeyes destroy Nebraska even as I type.  :patriot:

Go Bucks!

Next year my life will be more normal and I can watch a game or two.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline musiclady

Go Bucks!

Next year my life will be more normal and I can watch a game or two.

Lord willing, the rest of your LIFE will be more normal than this one has been!

How are you and yours doing, @thackney ?  Beginning to recover from everything?

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline thackney

Lord willing, the rest of your LIFE will be more normal than this one has been!

How are you and yours doing, @thackney ?  Beginning to recover from everything?

We got some sheet rock up, taping and floating going slowly...

Now if I can just get my well cleaned up.  I'm doing a 3rd disinfecting of the well after failing on bacteria each time.  At least the E.Coli has been gone the last two.

We are surviving.  Thanks for asking.  Just a long process to go through.

debrawiest

Normally I wouldn’t give two bits about the NFL.  But we have a local boy playing QB for Philadelphia. That doesn’t happen real often in these parts.

Offline musiclady

We got some sheet rock up, taping and floating going slowly...

Now if I can just get my well cleaned up.  I'm doing a 3rd disinfecting of the well after failing on bacteria each time.  At least the E.Coli has been gone the last two.

We are surviving.  Thanks for asking.  Just a long process to go through.

Wow.  What a long, hard road........  I can't even imagine the pain you're still in.

Are you boiling water, or buying it?  What do you do without a well?

And are you able to live in the house, and if not, where are you living?

btw, the Ohio State - 56, Nebraska- 14.   The Buckeyes have scored on EVERY possession.  No punts!

Offline thackney

Wow.  What a long, hard road........  I can't even imagine the pain you're still in.

Are you boiling water, or buying it?  What do you do without a well?

And are you able to live in the house, and if not, where are you living?

btw, the Ohio State - 56, Nebraska- 14.   The Buckeyes have scored on EVERY possession.  No punts!

Boil for cooking, buy for drinking and teeth brushing, keep your mouth closed when showering.

It is a two story, so we are living upstairs after being away for the first month.  We made a make-shift kitchen while we wait months for the contractor.  After a couple weeks we got the internet working and Satellite TV restored this week.  Kids play outside a bit more than before.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 03:26:54 am by thackney »