Author Topic: National anthem protest: Bob Davie stands '100 percent' by New Mexico players  (Read 789 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Five New Mexico players kneeled during the National Anthem against Air Force on Saturday
On Tuesday, New Mexico held its regularly scheduled press conference and coach Bob Davie appeared with the five players -- Stanley Barnwell Jr., Kimmie Carson, Garrett Hughes, Elijah Lilly and Michael Sewell Jr. -- to answer questions about the protest.

"They had every right to do that legally, morally, ethically," Davie said. "I support them 100 percent. I feel more strongly now than ever that our football team is unified and that our football team is really a big part of the solution moving forward, not the problem."

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/national-anthem-protest-bob-davie-stands-100-percent-by-new-mexico-players/
He actually said that his team, which had players decide to diss the country's anthem, can be part of a solution to a problem?   Does he understand that he is sending the signal the problem is that he is unifying his team to go against our country?

Is he clueless or classless?

Could be either as he has a combined losing record at the teams he has head coached.

Seems he has been under pressure for reported racist behavior which might have influenced his decision to honor his players' decisions to disrespect America.
https://nmfishbowl.com/2017/10/04/inside-the-bob-davie-investigation/

Well. coach, we here disrespect you too.  We also hope you and your classless team never win another game.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

So I wonder if his entire team decided to sit down for the national anthem this jerk of a coach would still say ""I support them 100 percent. I feel more strongly now than ever that our football team is unified and that our football team is really a big part of the solution moving forward, not the problem"?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 09:43:51 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline thackney

What other NFL rules does he support his players ignoring?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
What other NFL rules does he support his players ignoring?

I'd guess bribing, paying players under the table, steroids and anything else it takes to win.  At least judging from the other college coaches being arrested lately.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.