Author Topic: Trump accepts Tom Price's resignation  (Read 1389 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump accepts Tom Price's resignation
« on: September 29, 2017, 08:51:04 pm »
Trump accepts Tom Price's resignation
By Jessie Hellmann and Brandon Carter - 09/29/17 04:39 PM EDT

Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price resigned Friday, after an uproar over his use of a private jet for official business.

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said in a statement that Price offered his resignation to President Trump Friday, and Trump accepted.

Price's position appeared to be at risk in recent days as Trump made several remarks about being disappointed in the situation.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/353162-health-secretary-tom-price-resigns
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Concerned

Re: Trump accepts Tom Price's resignation
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 08:56:26 pm »
Good decision all around:  the inevitable conclusion to this mess.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
HHS Secretary Tom Price resigns over private plane trips
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 09:07:56 pm »
Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price resigned on Friday amid widespread criticism of his private plane trips, becoming the first Trump Cabinet secretary to leave the administration.

“Secretary of Health and Human Services Thomas Price offered his resignation earlier today and the president accepted,” White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement.

The White House said Trump will designate Don J. Wright as acting secretary. Wright currently serves as deputy assistant secretary for health and director of the Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion.

President Trump for days has given indications he was considering firing Price over the plane controversy. Shortly before the brief White House statement late Friday, the president acknowledged he was considering ousting the HHS secretary.

“He’s a very fine man, but we’re going to make a decision sometime tonight,” the president told reporters before boarding Marine One at the White House on Friday afternoon.

Last week, it was revealed that Price flew on charters to visit community health centers in New Hampshire and Pennsylvania. One leg was from Dulles International Airport in the Washington suburbs to Philadelphia International Airport, a distance of 135 miles.

Politico reported that he also took a government-funded private jet in August to St. Simons Island, a Georgia resort where his family owns land, ahead of an address at a medical conference.

The outlet also reported this week that he took military aircraft for official trips to Africa, Europe and Asia, costing taxpayers more than $500,000.

Price said Thursday that he would reimburse the government for a portion of the costly charter flights he used to travel to various engagements at taxpayer expense.

Senior department sources told Fox News that the total amount of money Price will repay is $51,887.31, though that represents a fraction of the total cost.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/09/29/hhs-secretary-tom-price-resigns-over-private-plane-trips.html
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 09:10:09 pm »
Good decision all around:  the inevitable conclusion to this mess.
No, blood has been spilled and the bloody carcass will just incite more carcasses to be delivered up.

This will never stop by those who wish us harm.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: HHS Secretary Tom Price resigns over private plane trips
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 09:10:56 pm »
Duplicate thread @mystery-ak beat you to it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Concerned

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 09:33:15 pm »
No, blood has been spilled and the bloody carcass will just incite more carcasses to be delivered up.

This was entirely self-imposed by Price's horrible judgment. Nobody was a victim of anything other than being arrogant and stupid. JMO.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 09:34:52 pm »
This was entirely self-imposed by Price's horrible judgment. Nobody was a victim of anything other than being arrogant and stupid. JMO.

It also happened as a matter of routine in the previous administration and no one said a word!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2017, 09:38:05 pm »
It also happened as a matter of routine in the previous administration and no one said a word!

Yes, but doing much of anything like the previous administration is a horrible idea. 

Offline corbe

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2017, 10:15:06 pm »
   I hire (and fire) only the 'best' people, more turnover than the midnight shift at my local taco bell.

Michael Flynn
Reince Preibus
Steve Bannon
Walter Shaub
"The Mooch"
Pretty much everyone on a "Advisory Counsel"
Sean Spicer
Carl Ichan
Sebastion Gorka
AND NOW Steve Price

Hey someone had to say it, wouldn't yall rather it be me than just random NT'er?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline bilo

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2017, 10:19:51 pm »
Yes, but doing much of anything like the previous administration is a horrible idea.

:amen:

He should have known better.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2017, 10:21:26 pm »
   I hire (and fire) only the 'best' people, more turnover than the midnight shift at my local taco bell.

Michael Flynn
Reince Preibus
Steve Bannon
Walter Shaub
"The Mooch"
Pretty much everyone on a "Advisory Counsel"
Sean Spicer
Carl Ichan
Sebastion Gorka
AND NOW Steve Price

Hey someone had to say it, wouldn't yall rather it be me than just random NT'er?

I feel sure there will be more.

Wonder what the over/under is on the number of people quitting or being fired by the 12 month mark?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2017, 11:04:53 pm »
Read Price's letter of resignation, as provided by the White House, below.

Dear Mr. President:

It is an honor and privilege to serve you as the Secretary of Health and Human Services. Under your leadership, the Department is working aggressively to improve the health and well-being of all Americans. This includes working to reform a broken health care system, empower patients, reduce regulatory burdens, ensure global health security, and tackle clinical priorities such as the opioids epidemic, serious mental illness and childhood obesity.

I have spent forty years both as a doctor and public servant putting people first. Iregret that the recent events have created a distraction from these important objectives.

Success on these issues is more important than any one person. In order for you to move forward without further disruption, I am officially tendering my resignation as the Secretary of Health and Human Services effective 11:59 PM on Friday, September 29, 2017.

You may rest assured that I will continue to support your critical priorities going ahead because failure is not an option for the American people.

Yours truly,

Thomas E. Price, M.D.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2017, 11:33:00 pm »

Horrific judgment. Just goes to show what a bunch of self-serving folks, too many of these types are.

Price BTW is an MD, I seem to recall. "As of 2014, Price was estimated to have a net worth of $13.6 million."

"In 2015–2016, according to congressional financial disclosures, Price purchased shares totaling between $60,000 and $110,000 in value in Innate Immunotherapeutics, an Australian biotech company. Innate has no approved drugs and one multiple sclerosis drug in trial. Price participated in a private placement of more shares in August 2016, paying $.25 and $.34 per share. Price invested between $50,000 and $100,000. On January 13, 2017, the shares were valued at $1.31, giving Price an unrealized gain of 300%–400% in a 6-month period. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Price_(American_politician)#Secretary_of_Health_and_Human_Services
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2017, 01:37:23 am »
Read Price's letter of resignation, as provided by the White House, below.

Classy letter of resignation.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2017, 01:39:54 am »

The difference is the press routinely ignored all abuses by the Obama administration whereas they pounce on and eagerly disseminate anything Trump or his people do.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2017, 01:41:13 am »
Horrific judgment. Just goes to show what a bunch of self-serving folks, too many of these types are.

Price BTW is an MD, I seem to recall. "As of 2014, Price was estimated to have a net worth of $13.6 million."

"In 2015–2016, according to congressional financial disclosures, Price purchased shares totaling between $60,000 and $110,000 in value in Innate Immunotherapeutics, an Australian biotech company. Innate has no approved drugs and one multiple sclerosis drug in trial. Price participated in a private placement of more shares in August 2016, paying $.25 and $.34 per share. Price invested between $50,000 and $100,000. On January 13, 2017, the shares were valued at $1.31, giving Price an unrealized gain of 300%–400% in a 6-month period. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Price_(American_politician)#Secretary_of_Health_and_Human_Services

Rich people really hate to spend their own money. 

Offline Concerned

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2017, 01:53:03 am »
The difference is the press routinely ignored all abuses by the Obama administration whereas they pounce on and eagerly disseminate anything Trump or his people do.

I agree, which is why Trump and his people have to be squeaky clean of even the APPEARANCE of impropriety.  It doesn't matter if it's legal, folks should be told to ask themselves, "Does this pass the newspaper paper test?  How could this be made to look in a partisan newspaper?"  I know it's not fair but that's the standard I would have established for my folks (and, in fact, it is the standard I held them to when I was working). 

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2017, 02:25:16 am »
Well,  the media-weapon took another scalp.   Why we aren't devoting more of our efforts to trying to stab the media in the guts,  I don't know. 

They are the most serious threat to the United States right now. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2017, 02:27:07 am »

This.  Trump should have started tweeting out about Obama's ridiculously expensive trips.  The media would have shut up very quickly.   

We lost this one.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2017, 02:29:41 am »

I think there is more to this than what the media-liars have said about it.  I suspect the Deep State employees of his department actively encouraged him to do this just so they could blow the whistle on him. 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2017, 02:33:35 am »

I dunno,  i'm thinking that using some of those Weaponized Federal agencies against a lot of big government supporters might have them rethinking their preference for having a large intrusive government. 

I see all sorts of Monopolies out there that need some anti-trust action,  and I see all sorts of Democrats that need some very close IRS tax investigations. 

I think giving them a dose of their own medicine is exactly what they need right now. 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2017, 02:39:41 am »

I dunno,  i'm thinking that using some of those Weaponized Federal agencies against a lot of big government supporters might have them rethinking their preference for having a large intrusive government. 

I see all sorts of Monopolies out there that need some anti-trust action,  and I see all sorts of Democrats that need some very close IRS tax investigations. 

I think giving them a dose of their own medicine is exactly what they need right now.

How bout we just get rid of a bunch of those weaponized federal agencies and call it good!  AFTER we give them a dose of their own medicine of course!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2017, 02:46:36 am »
How bout we just get rid of a bunch of those weaponized federal agencies and call it good!  AFTER we give them a dose of their own medicine of course!

Exactly,  and by using them in the manner that Obama did,  it makes it far more likely that they will get defanged.   

But yes,  the ultimate goal is to reduce their size and power. 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2017, 03:05:02 am »
Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price resigned Friday, after an uproar over his use of a private jet for official business.

Sweet.  Great news.  Now Price can no longer stand in the way of Conservatism.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2017, 03:56:48 am »
He should have known better.

Should have known better?  It's who he is.  Straight out of the swamp.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-