Author Topic: Incoming: Here comes the NFL boycott  (Read 396 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Incoming: Here comes the NFL boycott
« on: September 29, 2017, 01:47:12 am »
 By Jennifer Harper - The Washington Times - Thursday, September 28, 2017

A growing population of sports fans is prepared to shun the National Football League following controversy over athletes who chose not to stand during the national anthem. The movement is escalating. Such hashtags as #BoycottNFL have emerged on Twitter, while there are not one but three Boycott the NFL sites on Facebook which have already accrued over 100,000 followers. One is asking Americans to turn off the games on Veteran’s Day next month.

News organizations in both Chicago and Boston report that local bars and VFW posts will no longer show NFL games on their premises. Bill DeFries — a military vet and restaurant owner in Beavercreek, Ohio — says he got “overwhelming” support from customers after imposing his own NFL ban. Then there is Schilling Distributing Company, a veteran-owned Louisiana beer distributor that is pulling all Bud Light products that use the NFL as a point of sale from their sales list.

“There is no need for us to ask our retailer partners to promote such controversial organizations to help sell product,” Vice President Charles “Buddy” Schilling noted in a statement.

Now there’s a call for a formal boycott of NFL games on Sunday.

more
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/sep/28/inside-the-beltway-incoming-here-comes-the-nfl-boy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Incoming: Here comes the NFL boycott
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 03:03:09 am »
Speaking of sports bars, bars referenced in the article, I drove by one on the way home. The parking lot wasn't empty by any means but I do think the crowd may have been smaller.  Just for myself, this is too much of a betrayal for the time-being. Who knows what will happen, I don't judge others