Author Topic: Supreme Court Grants Cert In Historic Employee Freedom Case (Public sector unions)  (Read 556 times)

Offline endicom

Power Line
John Hinderaker
Sept. 28, 2017

It didn’t make the biggest headlines, but the most important thing that happened today was the U.S. Supreme Court’s granting of certiorari in Janus v. American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, Council 31. I wrote about the Janus case here:

>

While rich leftists are often assumed to be the main supporters of the Democratic Party, it is public sector unions that provide the lion’s share of the Democrats’ funding.

More... http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/09/supreme-court-grants-cert-in-historic-employee-freedom-case.php

« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 01:05:58 pm by endicom »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
EXCELLENT news!  Thanks for posting!  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

EXCELLENT news!  Thanks for posting!  :beer:

Yeah, this is dry news but it's important news as it goes to the heart of the beast.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Incredibly important, as this has the potential to strike the Communists where it hurts-in their wallet.

The only question is one of if there are enough conservatives left in the public sector for it to make a critical difference.

Allegations of some '-ism' or '-phobic behaviour' or other have been used to force out people who don't march in lockstep with all the diversities and demagoguery and can be further used to make examples (justifiably or not) of those who break ranks.

Hopefully, the idea of keeping the money ordinarily contributed to the union coffers will offset the pressures to remain.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Great News!

Another article:

A Primer on the Supreme Court Case That Teachers' Unions Have Been Fearing
By Liana Loewus on September 28, 2017 1:10 PM

http://blogs.edweek.org/edweek/teacherbeat/2017/09/a_primer_on_the_supreme_court_case_teachers_unions_fear.html

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Anytime the unions stranglehold on a business is loosened or broken completely it's a great day.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Anytime the unions stranglehold on a business is loosened or broken completely it's a great day.
Especially when the unions are ones which turn what are ultimately our tax dollars back on us to lobby for more of our tax dollars.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Especially when the unions are ones which turn what are ultimately our tax dollars back on us to lobby for more of our tax dollars.

And most times they turn on their own members who don't support the Liberal politics of the Union executives either.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!