Author Topic: Locked and Loaded: North Korea's Scary Chemical-Weapons Arsenal:How would the United States and South Korea respond?  (Read 399 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

by
Kyle Mizokami

In recent years, North Korea’s chemical weapons have taken a backseat to her nuclear weapons. They are, however, no less dangerous. The deterioration of the Korean People’s Army (KPA) makes them more essential to victory than ever before. For both practical and doctrinal reasons, North Korea will almost certainly use chemical weapons in wartime, from riot control to lethal nerve gases.
Chemical weapons will be used to create a local, tactical advantage on the front lines and neutralize some advantages, such as air power. Thanks to North Korea’s prodigious missiles and artillery, they can be employed beyond the battlefield as well. North Korea will likely attack South Korea (ROK) through its depth with chemical weapons, from the Demilitarized Zone to Busan.
http://nationalinterest.org/feature/locked-loaded-north-koreas-scary-chemical-weapons-arsenal-12487
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

The United States would have to respond with nuclear weapons.
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline Mom MD

The United States would have to respond with nuclear weapons.

It would have to be an overwhelming response whether nuclear or not.  I'm not sure there is a difference between tactical nukes or MOAB's if you are standing underneath them.  The point is if they use chemical weapons, they would have to cease to exist as a nation....At least one that can ever threaten anyone again
God is still in control

Offline DemolitionMan

It would have to be an overwhelming response whether nuclear or not.  I'm not sure there is a difference between tactical nukes or MOAB's if you are standing underneath them.  The point is if they use chemical weapons, they would have to cease to exist as a nation....At least one that can ever threaten anyone again

Saddam Hussein did not use chemical weapons in 1991 against the American led forces because he knew what was the result was. Turning his country into one big ash tray.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 02:38:40 am by DemolitionMan »