Author Topic: No, Trump did not cave  (Read 379 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

No, Trump did not cave
« on: September 15, 2017, 01:48:14 pm »
No, Trump did not cave
donsurber.com; Sep 14, 2017, Don Surber

The media crashed and burned last night over a Democratic Party lie about a deal on amnesty for some illegal aliens.

After a dinner with the president, Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer said, “We agreed to enshrine the protections of DACA into law quickly, and to work out a package of border security, excluding the wall, that’s acceptable to both sides.”

There is no deal. The president said so this morning. Pelosi and Schumer jumped the gun because they hope to gain leverage in a situation in which the president holds the trump card.

Everybody who panicked about this Fake News was a fool.  That includes Representative Steve King, a Republican from Iowa, whom I like.

A lie travels around the world before the truth puts its shoes on.

People who railed against President Trump for "caving" made two mistakes.

1.They believed Pelosi and Schumer.
2.They believed the media.

More:  http://donsurber.blogspot.com/2017/09/no-trump-did-not-cave.html#more

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: No, Trump did not cave
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 03:09:57 pm »
No, Trump did not cave
donsurber.com; Sep 14, 2017, Don Surber

The media crashed and burned last night over a Democratic Party lie about a deal on amnesty for some illegal aliens.

After a dinner with the president, Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer said, “We agreed to enshrine the protections of DACA into law quickly, and to work out a package of border security, excluding the wall, that’s acceptable to both sides.”

There is no deal. The president said so this morning. Pelosi and Schumer jumped the gun because they hope to gain leverage in a situation in which the president holds the trump card.

Everybody who panicked about this Fake News was a fool.  That includes Representative Steve King, a Republican from Iowa, whom I like.

A lie travels around the world before the truth puts its shoes on.

People who railed against President Trump for "caving" made two mistakes.

1.They believed Pelosi and Schumer.
2.They believed the media.

More:  http://donsurber.blogspot.com/2017/09/no-trump-did-not-cave.html#more

I didn't believe Pelosi, Schumer or the media.  I was going by Trump's Tweets.  Maybe they lied?

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 03:14:02 pm »
I didn't believe Pelosi, Schumer or the media.  I was going by Trump's Tweets.  Maybe they lied?

Trying to force the issue. Fait accompli. I beleive that would work with many chickenhearted Pubs.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 03:18:17 pm »

And then there's what he said:

“We’re not looking at citizenship. We’re not looking at amnesty. We're looking at allowing people to stay here."