Author Topic: Schumer, Pelosi say deal reached with Trump for DACA protections  (Read 11644 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Schumer, Pelosi say deal reached with Trump for DACA protections
« Reply #250 on: September 14, 2017, 07:05:01 pm »
I think DJT committed political suicide today.  He is pretty much sitting in the same boat as LBJ.  No way he wins the 2020 primaries.

I use Yahoo for my search engine and every single day Yahoo has a hit piece on Donald Trump.

It's often some frivolous thing exaggerated by them.

Today, not a single word on the Pelosi/Schumer claims.  That makes me wonder.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #251 on: September 14, 2017, 07:07:14 pm »
In other words we were ROYALLY F'ed either way.

Yep. I got no dog in this hunt.

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #252 on: September 14, 2017, 07:08:11 pm »
I use Yahoo for my search engine and every single day Yahoo has a hit piece on Donald Trump.

His tweets today pretty much nailed the fact that he has significantly softened on the DACA issue.  I have a feeling we are only seeing the beginning of the left turn.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #253 on: September 14, 2017, 07:08:14 pm »
I think DJT committed political suicide today.  He is pretty much sitting in the same boat as LBJ.  No way he wins the 2020 primaries.

I have to disagree with that. People these days have a very short attention span and seem to be swayed more easily. What used to be fringe is becoming normal (think about all the chemtrail/flat-earth/anti-vaccine stuff all over facebook and twitter, coming from seemingly normal people). We are in a world where Kanye West and Justin Beiber are considered the best music, where people think 'reality TV shows' are actually real, and where the WWE is having record high ratings.

All you need is to just triangulate your message, wave the right flag of the day, scream the right slogan, and pay for a lot of social media exposure and people will forget transgressions from even a day before.

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #254 on: September 14, 2017, 07:09:23 pm »

Same here.  I voted 3rd party. To hell with Trump and Hitlerly.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #255 on: September 14, 2017, 07:10:07 pm »

Why would Yahoo think that Trump making amnesty deals with the Dems is a bad thing?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #256 on: September 14, 2017, 07:12:56 pm »
Same here.  I voted 3rd party. To hell with Trump and Hitlerly.

Who was the third party candidate? 

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #257 on: September 14, 2017, 07:13:17 pm »
I have to disagree with that. People these days have a very short attention span and seem to be swayed more easily. What used to be fringe is becoming normal (think about all the chemtrail/flat-earth/anti-vaccine stuff all over facebook and twitter, coming from seemingly normal people). We are in a world where Kanye West and Justin Beiber are considered the best music, where people think 'reality TV shows' are actually real, and where the WWE is having record high ratings.

All you need is to just triangulate your message, wave the right flag of the day, scream the right slogan, and pay for a lot of social media exposure and people will forget transgressions from even a day before.

Agree 90%.  Except in this case,

(1) I don't think this as an isolated "one off" colaborating with the enemy.
(2) Liberals will think of him as evil no matter what happens.  +  Alienation of base?  Hell, he may not have a base by 2020.

Silver Pines

« Reply #258 on: September 14, 2017, 07:13:40 pm »
Fake news according to TOS?  They now believe that Trump's Twitter account is fake news?  I'd say the collective IQ of TOS has dropped below the Mendoza line in baseball terms.

@catfish1957

All of a sudden, Breitbart is "no better than any other leftist media source" at TOS.  This, after trusting them as one of the few impeachable sources during the election.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #259 on: September 14, 2017, 07:15:01 pm »
His tweets today pretty much nailed the fact that he has significantly softened on the DACA issue.  I have a feeling we are only seeing the beginning of the left turn.

I'm waiting for an official statement from the White House/i.e. Trump.  It does sound like he's softened on DACA but what is his exact position?

I'm still not seeing a dramatic left turn.  I'm seeing the same old Trump, wanting to be seen as compassionate and wanting to be loved.

It's what he actually does that I'm gonna judge him on ... not what Pelosi says.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #260 on: September 14, 2017, 07:17:37 pm »
Who was the third party candidate?

I wrote in Constitution Party candidate (Castle), though it didn't get counted.

Online corbe

« Reply #261 on: September 14, 2017, 07:23:16 pm »
Confusion Grows as the White House Tries to Decide What Happened at the Trump-Schumer Dinner

Posted at 2:45 pm on September 14, 2017 by streiff

If Vladimir Putin had wanted to do a better job at disrupting US politics, instead of investing in Facebook ads and bots he should have made a six-figure donation to Chuck Schumer’s PAC in exchange for a few lessons.

As you are aware, President Trump made the mistake (a foreseeable one) of having a private meeting with Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer. Dinner ended, Schumer and Pelosi issued a joint statement on what was decided. Trump was caught like the US Pacific Fleet at Pearl Harbor around 7:48am on December 7, 1941. He had no announcement ready to go. he had no friendly witnesses at dinner. No one on his staff knew or knows what he agreed to. In fact, based on what we’ve seen over the past seven months, it is entirely possible that Trump, himself, isn’t all that sure what he agreed to beyond cutting a deal.

<..snip..>

https://www.redstate.com/streiff/2017/09/14/confusion-grows-as-the-white-house-tries-to-decide-what-happened-at-the-trump-schumer-dinner/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #262 on: September 14, 2017, 07:23:29 pm »
I'm waiting for an official statement from the White House/i.e. Trump.  It does sound like he's softened on DACA but what is his exact position?

I'm still not seeing a dramatic left turn.  I'm seeing the same old Trump, wanting to be seen as compassionate and wanting to be loved.

It's what he actually does that I'm gonna judge him on ... not what Pelosi says.

Fair enough, but don't you find it ironic that this is the same turd who whipped the crowd into a frenzy asking how high the wall will be?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 07:26:15 pm by catfish1957 »

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #263 on: September 14, 2017, 07:25:29 pm »
Confusion Grows as the White House Tries to Decide What Happened at the Trump-Schumer Dinner

Decide what happened?  Does that infer that he plans to lie?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #264 on: September 14, 2017, 07:27:43 pm »
Decide what happened?  Does that infer that he plans to lie?

Nah. He WILL lie. He always does.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #265 on: September 14, 2017, 07:28:57 pm »
Nah. He WILL lie. He always does.

I'm pretty sure it's not a lie if you truly believe it to be true.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #266 on: September 14, 2017, 07:30:18 pm »

That would require core values.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #267 on: September 14, 2017, 07:31:16 pm »
@catfish1957

All of a sudden, Breitbart is "no better than any other leftist media source" at TOS.  This, after trusting them as one of the few impeachable sources during the election.

TOS?  Based on the Farmer in the Dell Wisdom.....

The Cheese Stands Alone!!!!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #268 on: September 14, 2017, 07:32:38 pm »
OMG!!!!....when did Matt Drudge quit carrying DJT's water?

Couple of months ago.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #269 on: September 14, 2017, 07:32:44 pm »
@roamer_1

And the one way to prevent that was to work with him and get some sort of bills passed that moved us back from the abyss.   Instead everyone is too concerned with slamming him and throwing him under the bus.

well how'd that work out for ya!

Ahhhhh so you assert that this is Trump's version of taking his marbles and going home to the Democrats.

Brilliant!

"Do what I want or I'll help the Democrats make us full-blown Communists!"

This is what happens when you make someone without any core values or principles but himself your prince and leader.

Good job.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #270 on: September 14, 2017, 07:33:06 pm »

A lie is a lie, no matter what you believe about it. A=A

Silver Pines

« Reply #271 on: September 14, 2017, 07:33:30 pm »
TOS?  Based on the Farmer in the Dell Wisdom.....

The Cheese Stands Alone!!!!

@catfish1957

:woohoo:

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #272 on: September 14, 2017, 07:34:34 pm »

@roamer_1

So you don't care what happens to the country?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #273 on: September 14, 2017, 07:34:34 pm »
A lie is a lie, no matter what you believe about it. A=A

Not anymore. There are some classes you need to take to help you understand that.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #274 on: September 14, 2017, 07:37:55 pm »
When @INVAR tells us he no longer regards anything Rush Limbaugh has to say....that's all there is, folks!   

Most of us do not put Limbaugh on the same plane as scripture like you do.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775