Author Topic: Trump’s Justice Department Lets Lois Lerner Off The Hook  (Read 6597 times)

Oceander

Re: Trump’s Justice Department Lets Lois Lerner Off The Hook
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2017, 05:56:43 pm »
It's also possible that isn't a conspiracy here ; that there is just not enough evidence to mount a credible case against Lerner. I mean we all know she's guilty, but the Obamites have circled the wagons, and it's tough to go after her unless one of them is willing to testify.

Or that Trump has let it be known that it's not worth the effort to do the work to get someone to talk.  Or to otherwise prosecute even if no talking is needed.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2017, 06:06:19 pm »
It's also possible that isn't a conspiracy here ; that there is just not enough evidence to mount a credible case against Lerner. I mean we all know she's guilty, but the Obamites have circled the wagons, and it's tough to go after her unless one of them is willing to testify.

Yes. And more than that, given the lag time between the election and the assumption of office, they had more than enough time to sanitize anything incriminating. I am sure that almost all federal departments held '24hr shredder-parties' for the weeks after Trump was elected.

Add to that the utter bonehead move by Trump in leaving Koskinen in charge of a department which he and his staff thoroughly corrupted, and DOJ likely never had a chance.

Leaving Comey in charge of the FBI for far too long, leaving Koskinen in charge of the IRS, and so many others, too many to name, I am starting to wonder if Trump even knows what the term, "Drain the Swamp" means. There is no way to drain the swamp with a status quo, 'why can't we all just get along', hands-off, attitude. Either he is going make some bold actions soon, or all of his vainglorious speeches will be meaningless. 
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Oceander

« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2017, 06:29:55 pm »

Yes. And more than that, given the lag time between the election and the assumption of office, they had more than enough time to sanitize anything incriminating. I am sure that almost all federal departments held '24hr shredder-parties' for the weeks after Trump was elected.

Add to that the utter bonehead move by Trump in leaving Koskinen in charge of a department which he and his staff thoroughly corrupted, and DOJ likely never had a chance.

Leaving Comey in charge of the FBI for far too long, leaving Koskinen in charge of the IRS, and so many others, too many to name, I am starting to wonder if Trump even knows what the term, "Drain the Swamp" means. There is no way to drain the swamp with a status quo, 'why can't we all just get along', hands-off, attitude. Either he is going make some bold actions soon, or all of his vainglorious speeches will be meaningless. 

Why would Trump want to drain the very swamp he's spent most of his adult life swimming in?

BassWrangler

« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2017, 06:55:02 pm »

I suspect Trump left Koskinen in charge because if he had fired him, the Dems and the media would have claimed it was an attempt to cover up his taxes. I don't suspect criminality, but I do suspect there is something in Trump's tax record that he considers embarrassing. The same theory applies to Comey - he left Comey in place for so long because he was in a compromised position re: Russia.

If only we had elected a candidate that didn't have all this baggage. I am sure the Democrats would have gone after anyone, but Trump's unprincipled past makes it easy for them.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2017, 07:02:13 pm »
   Obviously, Lois Lerner is another one of those 'she's suffered enough' women.
   All this 'winning' is making me absolutely exhausted.

That might work if anyone believed Lois Lerner has suffered.  She's felt vindicated and self-righteous about every evil act she did.

And everyone she's associated with along the way has praised her so ... suffer?  Not so much.

Just another good reason to do SOMETHING to get rid of the IRS and go to a flat or fair tax.

The IRS is too powerful and can be used as a weapon against our own citizens, particularly with an bad witch at the helm.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2017, 07:06:22 pm »
I suspect Trump left Koskinen in charge because if he had fired him, the Dems and the media would have claimed it was an attempt to cover up his taxes. I don't suspect criminality, but I do suspect there is something in Trump's tax record that he considers embarrassing. The same theory applies to Comey - he left Comey in place for so long because he was in a compromised position re: Russia.

If only we had elected a candidate that didn't have all this baggage. I am sure the Democrats would have gone after anyone, but Trump's unprincipled past makes it easy for them.

I think you're probably on to something about Trump's taxes.  I agree that it probably was not criminal but somehow embarrassing to him.

Many, many people should have been fired but haven't been.  We may never know why but, yeah, it would be nice if Trump wasn't quite so vulnerable.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2017, 07:08:05 pm »
Ditto re Sessions but did *someone* give him an order not to persue charges?

Interesting question.  If ever someone was obviously guilty, it was Lois.  So, what's up with that.  And I'm not on board with blaming Sessions.

Oceander

« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2017, 07:08:21 pm »
I think you're probably on to something about Trump's taxes.  I agree that it probably was not criminal but somehow embarrassing to him.

Many, many people should have been fired but haven't been.  We may never know why but, yeah, it would be nice if Trump wasn't quite so vulnerable.

It's not like this vulnerability was suddenly discovered after the election; people were quite well aware of it, but went ahead and nominated him anyway. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2017, 07:10:12 pm »
   His tax returns on a Thumb Drive, that scared the $hit out of him.

What do you think is on Trump's tax returns that is so incriminating?  Seriously.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2017, 07:11:49 pm »
It's an amusing thought, but I don't think that's what happened.  This is just another liberal administration covering for liberal miscreants where it counts.

Could you possibly be more predictable?

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2017, 07:26:48 pm »

They all have baggage and they are all unprincipled. They all have been 'compromised' in one way or another, and Hillary is the Queen of Corruption.

The difference with Trump is that he doesn't have the 'in crowd' covering for him like the Dems have. Hillary, Obama, Robert Byrd, Wasserman-Schultz, and on and on and on, all have obvious issues in their past (and in their present) that would sink any politician who is not an insider Democrat.

The only thing that makes it 'easy' is that Trump does not have the dirt, the skeletons, the countermeasures, to fend off the hyenas.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2017, 07:42:44 pm »

They all have baggage and they are all unprincipled. They all have been 'compromised' in one way or another, and Hillary is the Queen of Corruption.

The difference with Trump is that he doesn't have the 'in crowd' covering for him like the Dems have. Hillary, Obama, Robert Byrd, Wasserman-Schultz, and on and on and on, all have obvious issues in their past (and in their present) that would sink any politician who is not an insider Democrat.

The only thing that makes it 'easy' is that Trump does not have the dirt, the skeletons, the countermeasures, to fend off the hyenas.

Excellent perspective and return to reality.  Could there be a more corrupt bunch than the Clintons and the Obamas and all their cohorts in crime. 

No, but the democrats and their base do not care.  They just want their fair share of the pork.

Trump should have kept a few more keys on his chain.  But maybe he'll dig some up ... shouldn't be hard.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2017, 07:56:08 pm »
Why would Trump want to drain the very swamp he's spent most of his adult life swimming in?

Maybe he's just being compassionate.   :laugh:

Online corbe

« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2017, 09:35:10 pm »
What do you think is on Trump's tax returns that is so incriminating?  Seriously.

Seriously @Emjay I believe it's two biggies that go right to the heart of the matter:

1. He's not worth even half of what he has claimed to be worth all these years.
   2. His charity scams/donations are abhorrent.

Both of those would wound his oversized EGO to such an extent causing a twitter storm like we've never seem from him.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2017, 09:36:44 pm »
   Seriously @Emjay I believe it's two biggies that go right to the heart of the matter:

Both of those would wound his oversized EGO to such an extent causing a twitter storm like we've never seem from him.

God that meltdown would be fun to watch.

Online DB

« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2017, 09:43:09 pm »
Excellent perspective and return to reality.  Could there be a more corrupt bunch than the Clintons and the Obamas and all their cohorts in crime. 

No, but the democrats and their base do not care.  They just want their fair share of the pork.

Trump should have kept a few more keys on his chain.  But maybe he'll dig some up ... shouldn't be hard.

That is rapidly becoming the case with the Republicans too. Whatever differences there were between the parties is nearly gone. Just different flavors of big government spending our future into oblivion.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2017, 10:16:43 pm »

I think that's probably correct.  What would not be an existential issue to most of us is to him.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2017, 11:26:34 pm »
It's not like this vulnerability was suddenly discovered after the election; people were quite well aware of it, but went ahead and nominated him anyway.
Nominated?

Do you realize that he was actually elected?

What is the 'Nominated' idiocy?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online roamer_1

« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2017, 11:30:07 pm »
And who appointed sessions? That's right, the orange clown. You can't escape accountability for this one. You tools that elected this clown own this mess, 100%.

It's funny where the buck stops, ain't it? Somehow never at the top, with these folks.

Online corbe

« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2017, 11:45:33 pm »
                   The buck stops over there, damnit!

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2017, 02:24:05 am »

I always suspected that the returns might show less income than he's claimed.

As for charitable donations, wouldn't you love to see the charitable donations of a bunch of democrats who claim to love the poor?

But I still think it's a bit of a reach to blame this decision on fear of tax return revelation.  He's been pushed hard on that before and not budged.

Online corbe

« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2017, 02:44:25 am »
   Correct me if I'm wrong @Emjay but he promised in a few of his rally's that he would release them if he won the nomination, it's all BS, he suffered a significant political hit backing off that but the campaign felt it was worth the alternative of the info being out there.  I think he has a lot of $hit to hide, financially, would it put him in jail, probably not, but it is very troubling for him, politically, except for his feverish base, obviously, IMHO

Offline Concerned

« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2017, 02:45:06 am »
I always suspected that the returns might show less income than he's claimed.

As for charitable donations, wouldn't you love to see the charitable donations of a bunch of democrats who claim to love the poor?

But I still think it's a bit of a reach to blame this decision on fear of tax return revelation.  He's been pushed hard on that before and not budged.

Not budged?  He's said in the past he would release them.  This from January 2016:

"Donald Trump says his team is working on releasing his income tax returns.

“We're working on that now. I have big returns, as you know, and I have everything all approved and very beautiful and we'll be working that over in the next period of time,” the billionaire real estate developer and entertainer said Sunday on NBC’s "Meet the Press."

Source:  http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/donald-trump-tax-returns-218160#ixzz3yBP8tzWF
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2017, 03:21:24 am »
   Correct me if I'm wrong @Emjay but he promised in a few of his rally's that he would release them if he won the nomination, it's all BS, he suffered a significant political hit backing off that but the campaign felt it was worth the alternative of the info being out there.  I think he has a lot of $hit to hide, financially, would it put him in jail, probably not, but it is very troubling for him, politically, except for his feverish base, obviously, IMHO

It's hard to keep up with all the twists and turns, but I recall him saying he would release them when he was done being audited and how a bigwig like him was audited all the time so it might take a while?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2017, 03:23:21 am »

I just felt my forehead.  I do not believe that I'm feverish.  I would guess about 98.6. 

Why are you obsessing about this now unless you believe that it makes him subject to blackmail, which is a huge reach considering what his enemies have been up to.

We went through this in the primaries over and over and over.  But a strange thing happened.

Trump was nominated and then another strange thing happened.

Trump was elected.

I would rather have Trump than ANY democrat and many Republicans.

I want him to succeed. 

It's too late to waste time on destroying him now ... unless you just enjoy it.