Author Topic: Trump’s Justice Department Lets Lois Lerner Off The Hook  (Read 6619 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Trump’s Justice Department Lets Lois Lerner Off The Hook
« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2017, 04:11:15 pm »
Please stop stalking me. I am in services this AM, worshipping my orange deity. Blindly of course.

How is posting responses to comments on a public forum "stalking"? 

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #101 on: September 10, 2017, 04:13:26 pm »
How is posting responses to comments on a public forum "stalking"?

I wasn't going to ask for fear of getting an answer.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #102 on: September 10, 2017, 04:17:29 pm »
I wasn't going to ask for fear of getting an answer.

LOL, you're much wiser than me.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #103 on: September 10, 2017, 04:33:58 pm »
Hi, my name is aligncare...here otherwise referred to as, 'ShamWow'.

I'm glad at least you guys found a hobby; poking fun at other members expense.

You go, gang.

They're trolls. 

They're not interested in giving President Trump an honest chance.   

Nope....all they're here for is to trip over  themselves with countless claims of "I told you so", that virtually all get proven to be "fake news" in the end.

Even today, we see the same tired, bullsh*t claims that "....after the election I decided to give him a chance....but I'm not going to delude myself....." from the usual suspects here.   Yet as noted, they bad mouth him 24/7/730!   

Yeah... it's two years and counting!

Don't get me wrong.   I rather it be the way it is, than a high-5-ing let's cheer Trump Zone.

But I'm tired of smelling bullshit in the halls and being told it's just somebody frying fish.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #104 on: September 10, 2017, 04:39:00 pm »
I think that's probably correct.  What would not be an existential issue to most of us is to him.
Most of us don't live off of selling a brand image or live in gilt penthouses. I read Winning Through Intimidation long ago and basically rejected the premises--oh, not that they don't work (people use them every day, and often to great personal success), I just don't want to be that way.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline corbe

« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2017, 04:45:42 pm »
   Good post @DCPatriot and that is why I've always considered you a more rational and honest Trumper than most here.  That 'Troll' thing is highly speculative though, many of us here think the Trumpers are Trolls, but it all makes this Great Forum a better place to be.  Thank you for your insight.

*no sarcasm intended or implied.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2017, 04:50:35 pm »
   Good post @DCPatriot and that is why I've always considered you a more rational and honest Trumper than most here.  That 'Troll' thing is highly speculative though, many of us here think the Trumpers are Trolls, but it all makes this Great Forum a better place to be.  Thank you for your insight.

*no sarcasm intended or implied.

We're good, @corbe !    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2017, 04:51:20 pm »
They're trolls. 

Nope....all they're here for is to trip over  themselves with countless claims of "I told you so", that virtually all get proven to be "fake news" in the end.

Even today, we see the same tired, bullsh*t claims that "....after the election I decided to give him a chance....but I'm not going to delude myself....." from the usual suspects here.   Yet as noted, they bad mouth him 24/7/730!   

Don't get me wrong.   I rather it be the way it is, than a high-5-ing let's cheer Trump Zone.

But I'm tired of smelling bullshit in the halls and being told it's just somebody frying fish.    :laugh:
Take your boots off outside, and hang the coveralls on the peg at the barn. You'll smell more fish.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Silver Pines

« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2017, 04:52:40 pm »
They're trolls. 

Even today, we see the same tired, bullsh*t claims that "....after the election I decided to give him a chance....but I'm not going to delude myself....." from the usual suspects here.
   Yet as noted, they bad mouth him 24/7/730!   

@DCPatriot

Yeah, you're quoting me, so let me correct you on a couple of points.

Giving Trump a chance, and praising him when he does something right (which I have done, and will do again, but which no Trump fan will ever acknowledge because it doesn't serve your purpose) is not in conflict with recognizing the truth.  And the truth is that he was always going to revert back to being a Democrat, because that's what he is.  Hell, he admitted as much during the primaries, but none of you wanted to hear it. 

I've given him an honest chance, and I expect he might do some more things which are good for the country.  But he will do them in spite of himself, because he's a chaotic, no-knowledge mess who just can't stop stepping on his own....tie. 

As for bullshit, you know you'd rather have  a Trump cheer zone, so why pretend otherwise?  You were the one who crowed "it's so damn majestic!" when Trump flew off in Air Force One, as if you'd never seen a president in a plane before.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2017, 04:54:04 pm »
Take your boots off outside, and hang the coveralls on the peg at the barn. You'll smell more fish.

Thing is....before you guyz arrived, we didn't call it a "barn".

It was a out-building cottage, with window flower-boxes and a white picket fence and all!!   

Offline corbe

« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2017, 04:58:28 pm »
   I think I get it, before us refugees showed up

AFTER:

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2017, 05:20:17 pm »

It was a out-building cottage, with window flower-boxes and a white picket fence and all!!
Well, I'm not sure how y'all live there in DC, but the Barn was that building somewhat distant from and downwind of the big house.
That way, unless the weather was taking an odd turn, the smell of livestock went elsewhere and mother didn't have to have so many flowers in the parlor that it looked like a funeral home.
You can leave the coveralls on the peg (at the barn) and the muck boots there, too, and not be tracking up any hallways.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2017, 05:20:32 pm »
I don't agree with this, there may be reasons for it, it is the IRS but Trump has already set out and done a lot of good "conservative" things as with law enforcement, the border, social conservative issues. He has done more realistically for conservative causes than in my opinion and respectfully, people like Senator Rand Paul. If one is not actually furthering conservative causes, I question how useful it is to be doing some of these other things.  Somewhere you have to be in the real world.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2017, 05:28:11 pm »
Prosecution isn't always a slam dunk, Hotair writes:

These are two of the same members who had originally asked Sessions to reopen the investigation shortly he took over at Justice. Judging by the report, that action was taken and a fresh set of eyes was set to the task. From the sound of things they ran up against the same wall which often crops up in cabinet level scandals. They clearly found that things had gone wrong at the IRS, what with the different treatment reserved for Tea Party affiliated groups and with the mishandling of taxpayer data. But they came up short on deciding where those actions fell in terms of the line between incompetence and intentional malfeasance.

Maybe it’s just me, but at least one of the allegations seems like it wouldn’t be that tough to prove. I’ll grant you that definitively proving bias while sorting through applications for tax-exempt status might be tough, and even the question of “making misleading statements” to investigators (as opposed to outright perjury) could be a close call. But if private taxpayer information was showing up in her personal email account then that should be a fairly clear cut case. Then again, looking at what happened to Hillary Clinton and Huma Abedin (i.e. nothing) after tons of government communications wound up mixed in with the Carlos Danger Young Adult Entertainment Library, what do I know?

Still, there’s at least an outside chance that this isn’t over. Sessions tossed in a note about keeping various options on the table.

https://hotair.com/archives/2017/09/09/lois-lerner-free-bird-now/

Offline jpsb

« Reply #114 on: September 10, 2017, 05:28:21 pm »
@DCPatriot

Yeah, you're quoting me, so let me correct you on a couple of points.

Giving Trump a chance, and praising him when he does something right (which I have done, and will do again, but which no Trump fan will ever acknowledge because it doesn't serve your purpose) is not in conflict with recognizing the truth.  And the truth is that he was always going to revert back to being a Democrat, because that's what he is.  Hell, he admitted as much during the primaries, but none of you wanted to hear it. 

I've given him an honest chance, and I expect he might do some more things which are good for the country.  But he will do them in spite of himself, because he's a chaotic, no-knowledge mess who just can't stop stepping on his own....tie. 

As for bullshit, you know you'd rather have  a Trump cheer zone, so why pretend otherwise?  You were the one who crowed "it's so damn majestic!" when Trump flew off in Air Force One, as if you'd never seen a president in a plane before.

@CatherineofAragon

You are COMPLETELY wrong. Where Trump has the authority to act he has acted in a more conservative manner than any president since Ike. Nominated conservative judges and a (mostly) conservative cabinet. As president he is enforcing our (immigration) laws that have been unenforced since Jimmy. Not even Reagan was (in actions not words) as conservative as Trump.

Where he has had problem is with our do nothing Congress that spend 7 years telling us they would repeal OCare if they got the chance. Guess what it was all lies from GOP leadership. The national Debt is another scam the GOP plays on the uninformed as was completely revealed by George W Bush who blew the roof off of our debt. Do not blame Trump for the liars in the House and Senate.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2017, 05:35:59 pm »
"Do not blame Trump for the liars in the House and Senate."

jpsb, that's low hanging fruit for anyone who hates Trump as much as the twelve so around here do.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2017, 05:39:49 pm »
Do not blame Trump for the liars in the House and Senate.

Funny how the buck never stops at the top, where it is supposed to... The 'greatest negotiator evah' having fallen flat on his face.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2017, 05:47:53 pm »
Funny how the buck never stops at the top, where it is supposed to... The 'greatest negotiator evah' having fallen flat on his face.

It does when something "good" happens, but when something "bad" happens it's someone else's fault.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #118 on: September 10, 2017, 05:54:36 pm »

Our founders created a government made up of three separate and distinct branches. The president is the head of but one of those branches and has zero power to legislate anything.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

« Reply #119 on: September 10, 2017, 05:55:14 pm »

You do realize that we have three co-equal branches of government don't you and that Trump heads only one of those branches. Are you going to blame him for the ridiculous decisions handed out by the 9th too?

Offline jpsb

« Reply #120 on: September 10, 2017, 05:56:42 pm »
Our founders created a government made up of three separate and distinct branches. The president is the head of but one of those branches and has zero power to legislate anything.

oops, didn't see your before I wrote mine.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #121 on: September 10, 2017, 06:09:43 pm »

No, it was not.  There was a lot of poo-flinging going on, but over less important matters.  You've got a very selective memory.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #122 on: September 10, 2017, 06:11:40 pm »
No, it was not.  There was a lot of poo-flinging going on, but over less important matters.  You've got a very selective memory.

And he is not alone there either!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #123 on: September 10, 2017, 06:21:28 pm »
And he is not alone there either!

Happy Sunday to you, Bigun.  I hope you're enjoying this gorgeous weather!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #124 on: September 10, 2017, 06:22:06 pm »

That's right. But the office of the President has enormous power, also as the head of the party... His ability to influence the legislative process cannot be understated. Nor his ability to unify his party - Neither of which having been properly utilized by the current occupant.

Considering the selling point of his great negotiating skills - Much braggadocio obviously based upon little more than flatulence.