Author Topic: Trump’s Justice Department Lets Lois Lerner Off The Hook  (Read 6582 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump’s Justice Department Lets Lois Lerner Off The Hook
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2017, 12:01:50 am »
Remember when most took Trump to the woodshed for trying to manage Sessions and speaking openly about his disappointment?  Was that a lie and just an excuse to dump on the President?

Because it sure sounds like the President is now supposed to micromanage the AG and is responsible for the decisions Justice makes.   But is this a lie and just an excuse to dump on the President?

It's so damn hard to know where the real lie is.   :pondering:

Online corbe

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2017, 12:10:39 am »
   I was front line screaming that the AG works for US not Trump when the news reported last month that Trump wanted to fire him but unfortunately now Sessions has done something that I disapprove of and I automatically assume somehow Trump is involved, so yea, I'm prejudiced, sue me. @Right_in_Virginia
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2017, 12:13:41 am »
Finally! An AG who is really going to kick ***! He's taking names alrightie.  This swamp cannot be drained.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2017, 12:15:37 am »

It's so damn hard to know where the real lie is.   :pondering:

The real lie is that anyone or anything in Washington D.C. works for you!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2017, 12:37:48 am »
Republicans asked the agency in April to take a “fresh look” at the case against Lerner. On Friday, Assistant Attorney General Stephen Boyd responded by saying President Trump reviewed the case and decided against it.

https://www.redstate.com/jimjamitis/2017/09/08/trump-gives-lois-lerner-free-pass-despite-past-outrage-irs-targeting/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2017, 01:00:44 am »
Sessions doesn't take orders from the President.  The AG has made this abundantly clear several times.

Previously this made the forum damn happy.

BS....they all take orders from the president.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2017, 01:08:13 am »

Then what was that dustup between the President and Sessions all about?  If memory holds, the President was quite displeased that the AG wasn't draining the swamp at Justice or going after leakers.  Haven't heard of any changes at Justice and there have been no updates on the leak investigations.  Seems to me Sessions has blown off the President and is running Justice as he sees fit.

Most here felt the AG was and should be independent.

What do you think happened with Lois Lerner @mystery-ak   

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2017, 01:53:19 am »
Then what was that dustup between the President and Sessions all about?  If memory holds, the President was quite displeased that the AG wasn't draining the swamp at Justice or going after leakers.  Haven't heard of any changes at Justice and there have been no updates on the leak investigations.  Seems to me Sessions has blown off the President and is running Justice as he sees fit.

Most here felt the AG was and should be independent.

What do you think happened with Lois Lerner @mystery-ak

Well, per the quote that Corbe just posted above:

Republicans asked the agency in April to take a “fresh look” at the case against Lerner. On Friday, Assistant Attorney General Stephen Boyd responded by saying President Trump reviewed the case and decided against it.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2017, 02:01:33 am »
So when are the resident forum mental midgets going to show up and try to blame Mconnell, Ryan, and all the other boogeymen?

BassWrangler

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2017, 02:03:16 am »
So when are the resident forum mental midgets going to show up and try to blame Mconnell, Ryan, and all the other boogeymen?

Looks like they've retreated to blaming Sessions (scroll up)

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2017, 02:18:05 am »
Finally! An AG who is really going to kick ***! He's taking names alrightie.  This swamp cannot be drained.

Sure it can. It;s just going to take an actual Conservative president, and an actually conservative Congress... Including leadership. That's all it needs.

But... Pragmatism.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2017, 02:30:35 am »

Truth.  How long should we make excuses?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2017, 03:07:48 am »
Truth.  How long should we make excuses?
Until every American bows and confesses with their mouth that Trump is our savior and is a genius and is smarter than god - being able to play 16th dimensional chess and do MAGA!  Even when he is handing the Democrats what they demand.

All of the country must genuflect Trump.  Until then, excuses will be made in ever-increasing levels of absurdity.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2017, 03:56:35 am »
Until every American bows and confesses with their mouth that Trump is our savior and is a genius and is smarter than god - being able to play 16th dimensional chess and do MAGA!  Even when he is handing the Democrats what they demand.

All of the country must genuflect Trump.  Until then, excuses will be made in ever-increasing levels of absurdity.

This- Until then, excuses will be made in ever-increasing levels of absurdity

Count on it. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2017, 04:58:49 am »
I'd like to say I am shocked, but I am not.
I wonder what they are afraid of?
The IRS must have more on the administration, and its appointees, than we are aware of, and they are afraid of it being revealed.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2017, 01:04:27 pm »
I'd like to say I am shocked, but I am not.
I wonder what they are afraid of?
The IRS must have more on the administration, and its appointees, than we are aware of, and they are afraid of it being revealed.

We know for sure they have Trump's tax returns don't we.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2017, 01:13:58 pm »
Another Trump lie exposed.
Getting tired of all this winning

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2017, 01:30:43 pm »
Looks like they've retreated to blaming Sessions (scroll up)

Maybe a little more information will help control the snarky knee jerks @BassWrangler ...

Jeff Sessions’ DoJ Will Not Investigate IRS Suppression of Tea Party Groups
Breitbart, Sep 8, 2017

<snip>

But the September 8 letter from the Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ Justice Department said it would not even reopen the investigation because officials require “proof beyond a reasonable doubt that a government employee intentionally discriminated against an applicant for a tax-exempt status based on viewpoint.”

Prior investigations had found mismanagement that disproportionately hurt conservative groups, and the recently appointed department officials reviewed the new reports and concluded that  “reopening the criminal investigation would not be appropriate based on the available evidence,” said the Friday letter from Assistant Attorney General Stephen Boyd.

That answer was a response to an April 12 letter from the two GOP leaders on the tax committee, which included more information about Lerner’s activities, and a request that the department “take a fresh look at the evidence presented in the attached referral.” The referral is provided here.

“I have the utmost respect for Attorney General Sessions, but I’m troubled by his Department’s lack of action to fully respond to our request and deliver accountability,” Bray said in his Friday statement. “Today’s decision does not mean Lois Lerner is innocent. It means the justice system in Washington is deeply flawed.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/09/08/jeff-sessions-doj-will-not-investigate-irs-suppression-tea-party-groups/

The swamp had Sessions' back and now he has theirs.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2017, 02:04:32 pm »
Maybe a little more information will help control the snarky knee jerks @BassWrangler ...

The president can have Session's resignation on his desk tomorrow if he wants it!  He doesn't!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2017, 02:19:45 pm »
The president can have Session's resignation on his desk tomorrow if he wants it!  He doesn't!

Not this week anyway, let's see how this Mueller thing shakes out before we start discussing Sessions long term employment opportunities.

BassWrangler

« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2017, 03:48:06 pm »

And who appointed sessions? That's right, the orange clown. You can't escape accountability for this one. You tools that elected this clown own this mess, 100%.

Oceander

« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2017, 03:49:59 pm »
And who appointed sessions? That's right, the orange clown. You can't escape accountability for this one. You tools that elected this clown own this mess, 100%.

:thumbsup:

BassWrangler

« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2017, 03:51:01 pm »

@INVAR

Exactly! And as the excuses get more and more absurd, increasing numbers of them will go silent.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2017, 04:02:40 pm »
Well, the usual boring TDS guys are having a parade over this. And that's fine. Many pro-Trump people are upset over this, as are many member of Congress and government agencies.

Trump has already openly expressed his opinion of Sessions, and it was far from expressing approval.

The only saving grace of this travesty is that DOJ did not shut the door completely. All he said was, 'pending more evidence'. So, Lerner can see sunshine, but she's not completely out of the woods yet. We shall see.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 07:53:59 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

BassWrangler

« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2017, 04:48:40 pm »
Well, the usual boring TDS guys are having a parade over this. And that's fine. Many pro-Trump people are upset over this, as are many member of Congress and government agencies.

Trump has already openly expressed his opinion of Sessions, and it was far from expressing approval.

The only saving grace of this travesty is that DOJ did not shut the door completely. All he said was, 'pending more evidence'. So, Lerner can see sunshine, but she's completely out of the woods yet. We shall see.

It's also possible that isn't a conspiracy here ; that there is just not enough evidence to mount a credible case against Lerner. I mean we all know she's guilty, but the Obamites have circled the wagons, and it's tough to go after her unless one of them is willing to testify.