Author Topic: Trump's cybersecurity advisors resign en masse  (Read 859 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Trump's cybersecurity advisors resign en masse
« on: August 28, 2017, 01:38:47 am »

Another Trump panel has taken a hit after eight out of 28 of its members resigned en masse. Members of the National Infrastructure Advisory Council (NIAC), which advises Homeland Security on matters of cybersecurity, have dropped out of the panel due to several reasons. In the resignation letter obtained by NextGov, they said the president doesn't give enough attention to the country's cyber vulnerabilities. "You have given insufficient attention to the growing threats to the cybersecurity of the critical systems upon which all Americans depend, including those impacting the systems supporting our democratic election process," the letter reads.

They also cited his failure "to denounce intolerance and violence of hate groups" when asked about the "horrific violences in Charlottesville" as one of the reasons why they left. Instead, they said, the president chose to offer false equivalencies and question CEOs' motives when they decided to leave their respective advisory panels following the incident. In addition, they didn't appreciate his move to withdraw from the Paris Agreement.

Continued - https://www.engadget.com/2017/08/26/trump-cybersecurity-advisors-resign/

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Trump's cybersecurity advisors resign en masse
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 01:57:51 am »
Not enough attention so they quit.  Bunch of whiners
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 02:10:15 am »
Apparently all these people are falling for the lefty media narrative on Charlottesville. This is the business leadership of our country and apparently they aren't savvy enough to see thru all the BS.
The Republic is lost.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 02:18:32 am »
Apparently all these people are falling for the lefty media narrative on Charlottesville. This is the business leadership of our country and apparently they aren't savvy enough to see thru all the BS.

I'm not sure it's that.  I think that it is a business decision.  Which side is more likely to cause trouble in front of stores and get publicity that can do some financial damage?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 02:28:16 am »
I'm not sure it's that.  I think that it is a business decision.  Which side is more likely to cause trouble in front of stores and get publicity that can do some financial damage?

And they don't seem to realize that their rhetoric for leaving is just going to embolden the ones they are afraid of, hoping that they get eaten last.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 02:41:58 am »
They also cited his failure "to denounce intolerance and violence of hate groups" when asked about the "horrific violences in Charlottesville" as one of the reasons why they left

Nothing like a leading question.

I wonder if they're going to do what the CEOs formerly on the business advisory committees are doing.  They're calling the President's office to set a time to talk one on one over breakfast or lunch or by conference call.  Frauds.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 02:44:12 am »

Sounds like they ARE card carrying members themselves.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley