Author Topic: ATTENTION, Gen Y: Baby Boomers have had it with your political correctness.  (Read 2030 times)

Wingnut

Pretty much the same felling here in the states best as I can tell

New Australian research suggests over 50s are fed up with being told what they can and can’t say, and believe young people are the worst offenders.
The survey of 1000 Australians over 50 saw nine in 10 agree political correctness is ruining society, and thought younger generations were too worried about offending people.
According to the CoreData research commissioned by Australian Seniors Insurance Agency, 86 per cent of seniors believed “having to be politically correct all the time” was ruining society, and 86.6 per cent said it was “inauthentic”.
Bathurst teacher Vicki Evans is not afraid to admit she loathes political correctness.
The 55-year-old says she’s constantly being told off by her three children, all in their 20s, for opinions they say she shouldn’t be allowed to express.

“The number of times I saw something and my kids say ‘oh Mum, you can’t say that,’” she says.
“They say you can’t make assumptions about things, but I think you can make observations.
“You can’t say anything that’s offensive and that could be deemed to label anyone. You have to be always aware of perceptions, apparently.”
Ms Evans says that her children’s sensitivities are clearly not a product of her parenting, but blames universities and television for encouraging political correctness.
“I do get really cross with the whole idea that children aren’t allowed to talk about anything religious in relation to Christmas or Easter because it might offend someone,” she said. “I think if we can’t discuss any of these things we run the risk of losing our cultural identity.”
More:
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/news-life/senior-australians-say-political-correctness-is-ruining-society/news-story/8ff5acdffdd7cc85a73fa8a34d6a2855

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
There's just one problem: When only too many Baby Boomers complain about political correctness,
they complain about the monster they suckled.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
  • I'm Junger than that now.
    • Gods, Graves, Glyphs (we're new)
Family members, paarticularly children, need to be told to STFU about what one can or can't say.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) my FR posts, SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert

Offline Night Hides Not

Family members, paarticularly children, need to be told to STFU about what one can or can't say.

My solution is simple: required viewing of Blazing Saddles.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Fortunately, the Y-gens are a great deal less politically here in the rural areas of the Midwest than they are in the entitled coastal regions.
The Republic is lost.

HonestJohn

Gen Y is in the workforce and is the one's paying for your Medicare and Social Security.

It's not a great idea to bite the hand that's feeding you (and in some cases, that's literally and not figuratively, true).

Wingnut

Gen Y is in the workforce and is the one's paying for your Medicare and Social Security.

It's not a great idea to bite the hand that's feeding you (and in some cases, that's literally and not figuratively, true).

Man you are such a dumb ass.   We still, as a group, hold the wealth.  We can, and will cut you out of the will!  Suck on that Scooter.

HonestJohn

Man you are such a dumb ass.   We still, as a group, hold the wealth.  We can, and will cut you out of the will!  Suck on that Scooter.

All that leads to are old age home caretakers 'accidentally' providing the wrong dosage for your medication.

And the wealth of one more geriatric jerk is transferred to the Gen X'er who raised those Gen Y's.

Wingnut

All that leads to are old age home caretakers 'accidentally' providing the wrong dosage for your medication.

And the wealth of one more geriatric jerk is transferred to the Gen X'er who raised those Gen Y's.

LOL.   Let me guess.  Your rents cut you out of the will.  No transfer of wealth to you!  It must suck to be you. 

HonestJohn

LOL.   Let me guess.  Your rents cut you out of the will.  No transfer of wealth to you!  It must suck to be you.

Nope.

I just know that being a jerk to those that you rely on tends to be counterproductive.

Like taking a dump in the helmet of the other guy in your foxhole.

Wingnut

Nope.

I just know that being a jerk to those that you rely on tends to be counterproductive.

Like taking a dump in the helmet of the other guy in your foxhole.

Your parents must be proud of your service. 

HonestJohn

Your parents must be proud of your service.

Thank you.  They are.

20+ years USAF.

Oceander

Thank you.  They are.

20+ years USAF.

Certainly doesn't show at times.

Offline RoosGirl

Hah, I was thinking the same thing, but then I saw this was about Australians.

Offline RoosGirl

I'm Gen X and paying for your SS and Medicare.  Why don't you give em up so it's one less person we have to shell out for, you grouchy sumbitch.   :tongue2:

Wingnut

I'm Gen X and paying for your SS and Medicare.  Why don't you give em up so it's one less person we have to shell out for, you grouchy sumbitch.   :tongue2:

You ain't paying squadouche.  Gen X'rs are dead weight on the system.   :smokin:   :laugh:

Offline RoosGirl

You ain't paying squadouche.  Gen X'rs are dead weight on the system.   :smokin:   :laugh:

Well no, I'm really not anymore since I stay home with the kiddo now.  I paid PLENTY in for the 20 years I worked prior to that.

Wingnut

Well no, I'm really not anymore since I stay home with the kiddo now.  I paid PLENTY in for the 20 years I worked prior to that.

Bless your heart.  Till you are back to work (in what... 2 or maybe three years?  That is if you don't pop out another baby and take more time off out of the work force)  ...oh well.  Never mind.   

Offline RoosGirl

Bless your heart.  Till you are back to work (in what... 2 or maybe three years?  That is if you don't pop out another baby and take more time off out of the work force)  ...oh well.  Never mind.

LOL.  I'm homeschooling, so when the kid graduates high school I'll think about going back to work.  There will not be another little one.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Wow what a lot of nastiness up thread..I hope that's the end of it because it was disgusting.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RoosGirl

If you're talking about @Wingnut and me, we was just playing.  Besides, he has me on ignore so he never responds to me. :)

Wingnut

If you're talking about @Wingnut and me, we was just playing.  Besides, he has me on ignore so he never responds to me. :)

LOL.  We kid!   Love ya Roos! :beer:

Offline RoosGirl

LOL.  We kid!   Love ya Roos! :beer:

Whatever douchebarge

Wingnut

Whatever douchebarge

When a Canoe will not do You always go big!   :beer:

Offline RoosGirl

When a Canoe will not do You always go big!   :beer: