Author Topic: Coulter to Trump: Move Jeff Sessions to DHS, Fire Rod Rosenstein  (Read 1048 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Ann gets it right.  Trump needs to get rid of Rosenstein and move Sessions to DHS.  Only problem is the GOPe want them right where they're at. 

Coulter to Trump: Move Jeff Sessions to DHS, Fire Rod Rosenstein

Author Ann Coulter called for Attorney General Jeff Sessions to be moved to the Department of Homeland Security, and for Sessions' deputy to be fired.

Coulter said it was not Sessions recusing himself from the Russia investigation that led to Deputy A.G. Rod Rosenstein appointing Robert Mueller as special counsel.

She said it was President Trump's firing of James Comey and his statements to NBC News' Lester Holt linking the firing to the Russia allegations that precipitated Mueller's appointment.......

Her recommendation came following news that the House Judiciary Committee called for a second special counsel to be appointed- to probe Hillary Clinton, James Comey and Loretta Lynch....

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/07/31/ann-coulter-trump-should-fire-rod-rosenstein-move-jeff-sessions-dhs
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Re: Coulter to Trump: Move Jeff Sessions to DHS, Fire Rod Rosenstein
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 10:46:43 pm »
I want Sessions right where he is too, perhaps with a new boss.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 10:47:08 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 11:15:50 pm »
I want Sessions right where he is too, perhaps with a new boss.

IMHO Jeff Sessions can't be trusted and I feel he is one of the 'leakers'.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 11:24:36 pm »
IMHO Jeff Sessions can't be trusted and I feel he is one of the 'leakers'.

@libertybele

I'm really conflicted about Sessions.  It seems he really likes being AG ... but forgets it's not a lifetime appointment and he serves at the pleasure of the President, as do any and all cabinet members.  I wish the President had accepted when Sessions offered his resignation.

I don't like that he's wrapped himself in the swamp as insulation against termination.  I don't like that he hasn't done what the President's asked:  drain the swamp at the DOJ and identify and prosecute leakers.  I don't like that we're stuck with Rosenstein because of Sessions.

And I especially do not like that I expect, if he is transferred or terminated, that he'll cry on camera like a little girl and receive snuggle hugs from the gangs on The View and Mornings with Joe.

Like I said, I'm conflicted.  I really believed he was onboard and part of the team.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 11:29:38 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 11:48:45 pm »
@libertybele

I'm really conflicted about Sessions.  It seems he really likes being AG ... but forgets it's not a lifetime appointment and he serves at the pleasure of the President, as do any and all cabinet members.  I wish the President had accepted when Sessions offered his resignation.

I don't like that he's wrapped himself in the swamp as insulation against termination.  I don't like that he hasn't done what the President's asked:  drain the swamp at the DOJ and identify and prosecute leakers.  I don't like that we're stuck with Rosenstein because of Sessions.

And I especially do not like that I expect, if he is transferred or terminated, that he'll cry on camera like a little girl and receive snuggle hugs from the gangs on The View and Mornings with Joe.

Like I said, I'm conflicted.  I really believed he was onboard and part of the team.

Part of the team?  I'm not so sure either, as Sessions was Team Cruz and then changed course and became Team Trump.  It seems some kind of deal was made, but then what does that say about his character?  Agreed, Rosenstein is a mistake.  Funny how the establishment fought tooth and nail not to approve Session's appointment and now that Trump has  doubts about him, they're vowing to keep him. I understand why he recused himself, but I was surprised and saw it as a slap in the face to Trump as he just appointed him.  If the establishment wants to keep him, there has to be a reason and it's not in our or Trump's favor.

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 11:57:32 pm »
   Unlike most of President Trump's cabinet appointments @Right_in_Virginia AG Jeff Sessions's first obligation is to this Lady.

It's why he recused himself from the Russian crap.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 12:21:08 am »
   Unlike most of President Trump's cabinet appointments @Right_in_Virginia AG Jeff Sessions's first obligation is to this Lady.

It's why he recused himself from the Russian crap.

Yes, @corbe. I know this.  But Sessions does have additional responsibilities and obligations to the President.  He's not be fulfilling a lot of those.  I can understand the President's frustrations with him.  Let's see if Sessions steps up to the plate on identifying and prosecuting leakers, for a start.  And actively removes entrenched, swamp rooted DOJ staff.  I assume Sessions can keep the blinders on Lady Justice AND fulfill his other responsibilities.  He is not a rouge agent in the administration, and he is not an idiot.

A lot is expected of him, I hope he's up to the full job.

Offline corbe

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2017, 12:31:57 am »
Yes, @corbe. I know this. But Sessions does have additional responsibilities and obligations to the President. He's not be fulfilling a lot of those.  I can understand the President's frustrations with him.  Let's see if Sessions steps up to the plate on identifying and prosecuting leakers, for a start.  And actively removes entrenched, swamp rooted DOJ staff.  I assume Sessions can keep the blinders on Lady Justice AND fulfill his other responsibilities.  He is not a rouge agent in the administration, and he is not an idiot.

The bold part is where you lose me, images of Holder and Lynch kept popping into my head... @Right_in_Virginia

A lot is expected of him, I hope he's up to the full job.

I do also, but I believe his days are numbered, unfortunately.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2017, 01:11:53 am »
   The bold part is where you lose me, images of Holder and Lynch kept popping into my head... @Right_in_Virginia

I gave you two examples of his other responsibilities @corbe   I can't begin to guess why you're being haunted by visions of Holder and Lynch   :shrug:

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2017, 01:18:00 am »
Part of the team?  I'm not so sure either, as Sessions was Team Cruz and then changed course and became Team Trump.

Odd, being from Alabama I only saw Sessions being fair up until he decided to push for the team that seemed most likely to win. Believe you me, we Alabamians were watching. Some of us were pretty upset he went to Trump, some still hold it against him. I was pretty upset myself.

That said, there was no denying Sessions was prepared for the post he was going for. That detailed report Jeff did on ways Obama used his office to executive pro-immigration proved to me that he was the man for the job.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/02/16/sen-sessions-releases-lengthy-timeline-of-obama-administrations-dismantling-of-immigration-law/

Sessions was no some green under the collar kid, this man had a plan for the position. Even hogtied by Trump he has still managed to get illegal immigration slowed down.

Yeah, I would so much rather Trump be brought down than Sessions. I know where Sessions stands.

P.S. you claim Sessions is a source for leaks. Care to share that information, because even under oath in Congressional hearings he did not give an inch on his boss.

Sessions is a class act and until proven different, I will not budge on that.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline corbe

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2017, 01:24:20 am »
   Respectfully, @Right_in_Virginia WE will have to agree to disagree, because I believe First and Foremost, AG Sessions is the lead attorney of these United States of America not the President's Attorney or his lap dog. 

I hope he stays, this constant staff turnover 7 months in, is well, embarrassing to say the least, even for those of us that want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2017, 01:29:13 am »
Quote from: libertybele
If the establishment wants to keep him, there has to be a reason and it's not in our or Trump's favor.

Besides being one of the last sane conservatives on Trump's team, I hardly call it "the swamp" that wants to keep him. Yes Graham did speak up for him, but he is not everyone. Everyone includes Trumpbot Ann Coulter to Mo Brooks to most the whole state are rooting for Sessions. They know his character. The only perhaps unhonorable thing he did was sell out to Trump over Cruz for a position he obviously wanted for a long time. But even after selling out to Trump he did it with class and didn't unfairly criticize Cruz. 

The only light at the end of the tunnel is Sessions vacant seat that was took over by a corrupt Trumpbot that schemed with a resigned governor will soon be gone. Most likely replaced by someone that even Trump can not corrupt. Roy Moore. Roy will go down with the ship before shifting on principles. Mike Lee will finally have good company in Congress.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 01:35:45 am by Sighlass »

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2017, 01:31:34 am »
   Respectfully, @Right_in_Virginia WE will have to agree to disagree, because I believe First and Foremost, AG Sessions is the lead attorney of these United States of America not the President's Attorney or his lap dog.     

No one is the President's lapdog @corbe, and that's not my point.  Sessions is a full member of the President's Cabinet and, as such, has duties to fulfill outside his recusal. Sessions is the director of staff at the DOJ.  He does not operate in isolation when running the operations side of the DOJ.

Each Cabinet member has responsibilities to meet, as set by the President.   

If you disagree, cool.  My life's not going to change.   :shrug:

« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 01:32:14 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2017, 01:49:58 am »
Besides being one of the last sane conservatives on Trump's team, I hardly call it "the swamp" that wants to keep him. Yes Graham did speak up for him, but he is not everyone. Everyone includes Trumpbot Ann Coulter to Mo Brooks to most the whole state are rooting for Sessions. They know his character. The only perhaps unhonorable thing he did was sell out to Trump over Cruz for a position he obviously wanted for a long time. But even after selling out to Trump he did it with class and didn't unfairly criticize Cruz. 

The only light at the end of the tunnel is Sessions vacant seat that was took over by a corrupt Trumpbot that schemed with a resigned governor will soon be gone. Most likely replaced by someone that even Trump can not corrupt. Roy Moore. Roy will go down with the ship before shifting on principles. Mike Lee will finally have good company in Congress.

The DEMS have voiced that they would impede Trump's attempt to replace Sessions and it isn't just Graham on the GOP side that has voiced opposition to replacing Sessions.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/344338-senate-gop-steps-up-defense-of-sessions

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2017-07-26/democrats-become-jeff-sessions-allies-amid-trump-criticism

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2017, 02:17:00 am »

Right, we another media whore in the Senate.. /s
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”