Author Topic: BREAKING>>>Scaramucci out as WH Comms Director  (Read 34127 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: BREAKING>>>Scaramucci out as WH Comms Director
« Reply #225 on: August 01, 2017, 01:17:07 am »
There is and ways will be the Baghdad Bob contingent that will spin and cover for Trump no matter how egregious the missteps.

True.  There are probably people out there that believe his statement about NK earlier today was brilliance wrapped in eloquence.

"We will handle North Korea. We are gonna be able to handle them. It will be handled. We handle everything," Trump said after a reporter asked him about his strategy.

Trump has become Mayor Teddy Burnside and believes Gen. Kelly is his Roy Mobey.

Bonus points if you know that reference without looking it up.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #226 on: August 01, 2017, 01:23:45 am »
"We will handle North Korea. We are gonna be able to handle them. It will be handled. We handle everything," Trump said after a reporter asked him about his strategy.
Here's a hint for you, Donaldus Minimus---they don't need to be handled, they need to be . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #227 on: August 01, 2017, 01:24:36 am »
I don't remember any Trump supporter saying this @driftdiver    We all knew in our heart of hearts that Scaramucci resigned the night of the infamous phone call ... the only one who didn't know it was Scaramucci. 

He was fun to watch and play with for a while ... but not a keeper.  :shrug:

He did a good job of handling the press for all 43 seconds he had the job.    A press spokesman who cant handle the press outside of that room, now thats a problem.    Talk about a spectacular fail in front of the nation.   He'll have to move to outer mongolia now.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #228 on: August 01, 2017, 01:24:52 am »
True.  There are probably people out there that believe his statement about NK earlier today was brilliance wrapped in eloquence.

Trump has become Mayor Teddy Burnside and believes Gen. Kelly is his Roy Mobey.

Bonus points if you know that reference without looking it up.

We are well and truly screwed with this clown at the helm.

Obama greased the skids for WWIII and our own implosion, and Trump is the perfect patsy clown to preside over the ball bearings blasting out the housing while ICBM technology that the Clinton's made available to the Chinese for campaign contributions is in the hands of the Norks who just demonstrated they are ready to get the party started.

What a "winner". 

Next he'll tell us to yank our troops out of Afghanistan or something like we did in Iraq and let ISIS and whatever other Caliphate player is ready to toss their chips in.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #229 on: August 01, 2017, 01:35:48 am »
I didn't realize the two were related, but it kinda makes sense.

Mooch kinda gives off a Jersey vibe, and they like their Bon Jovi.  :laugh:
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

« Reply #230 on: August 01, 2017, 01:36:12 am »
We are well and truly screwed with this clown at the helm.

What a "winner".

Given his ridiculous quote, perhaps he should be henceforth referred to as 'Handle's (sic) Messiah.'

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #231 on: August 01, 2017, 01:52:08 am »
Given his ridiculous quote, perhaps he should be henceforth referred to as 'Handle's (sic) Messiah.'

I'm certain that "We will handle North Korea. We are gonna be able to handle them. It will be handled. We handle everything,"

Is on the very same exact level of believability that this is:

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #232 on: August 01, 2017, 01:54:37 am »
Here's a hint for you, Donaldus Minimus---they don't need to be handled, they need to be . . .

@EasyAce

Here's a hint for you acey...

Unless we have a way to stop NK from detonating a nuke in Seoul which we don't then your advice to the IIC is crazy...but an idea that sounds right up his alley anyway  :whistle:

Online corbe

« Reply #233 on: August 01, 2017, 02:04:18 am »
   I think we could easily decapitate Kim jong-un's government without nucs, just as GWB did Saddam and hellary did Gaddafi, the wild card being, NK, is firmly embedded in the Sino/Soviet orbit, just my 2 centavos.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #234 on: August 01, 2017, 02:07:35 am »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #236 on: August 01, 2017, 02:23:16 am »
   All this @Frank Cannon worship is starting to piss me off.

I get it, Corbe, but he is just so dang lovable.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #237 on: August 01, 2017, 02:24:14 am »
   I think we could easily decapitate Kim jong-un's government without nucs, just as GWB did Saddam and hellary did Gaddafi, the wild card being, NK, is firmly embedded in the Sino/Soviet orbit, just my 2 centavos.

If you have ever been in Korea you would be astounded how close the DMZ is to Seoul...the city has practically grown up around it. Not to mention the 35,000 US troops sitting there. The DMZ is infiltrated by scores of NK tunnels that are big enough to drive a tank through. There are hundreds of thousands of well trained and armed regular NK troops fiercely loyal to their crazy leader.

This is not Iraq or Lybia...this will mean war and the administration had better be prepared to go to Congress for a DOW first. The cat is out of the bag the only way to deal with NK is to get the Chinese to take him out IMO.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #238 on: August 01, 2017, 02:26:14 am »
@Emjay
The gag probably would have worked better if more people than just me and maybe three others
knew the old-time radio soaps. (The television soaps' titles really don't all lend themselves to that
kind of satire, alas. I mean, what could I have done with, say, One Life to Live, or Another
World
, or All My Children, or Search for Tomorrow?)

More of the 'older' people might have understood it better if you'd said, "One Man's Dysfunctional Family."

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #239 on: August 01, 2017, 02:27:40 am »

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/156829591267328000

We can't do anything dumb anymore ... at least if we tweet it or post it on Facebook.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #240 on: August 01, 2017, 02:29:09 am »
My 2 cents....

IMPEACH THE SOB!  He's making our country look like a FRIGGEN JOKE!

Rant over............

Offline edpc

« Reply #241 on: August 01, 2017, 02:34:10 am »

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/156829591267328000

Ignore that past tweet.  We're incapable of comprehending the endgame of this brilliant demi-god.  As a FReeper put it earlier today, when the dismissal was announced......

4D chess that would even blow Spock’s mind.

Online corbe

« Reply #242 on: August 01, 2017, 02:37:58 am »
   I agree with all your points @montanajoe I was specifically talking 'decapitation'.
   The US Military is pretty good at that, as my two examples illustrate, it's the stabilization that comes afterwards that we suck at, we haven't done it successfully since the Marshall plan and MacArthur's Japan.

I haven't been in the Orient at all but I do realize the proximity of Seoul to the DMZ and the American Forces commitment there, it's all a CF, and that's why every President, since Truman, has kicked the can down the road and Trump tweeting shit isn't really encouraging to me.    /rant off
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

« Reply #243 on: August 01, 2017, 02:48:47 am »
The US Military is pretty good at that, as my two examples illustrate, it's the stabilization that comes afterwards that we suck at, we haven't done it successfully since the Marshall plan and MacArthur's Japan.

The key to both is we beat the living hell out of them and settled for nothing less than unconditional surrender.  In subsequent conflicts, especially Iraq, we've invited hostile elements (see Muqtata al-Sadr) to be part of the process, instead of eliminating them.  Our leadership just doesn't have the stomach for total war, anymore.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #244 on: August 01, 2017, 02:56:14 am »
More of the 'older' people might have understood it better if you'd said, "One Man's Dysfunctional Family."
I thought about that but then I thought it might be too awkward.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #245 on: August 01, 2017, 03:05:47 am »
The fine men and women of our military are the best in the world. "Decapitation" works if the distance between our forces and the enemy is half a world away, on the Korean peninsula we are literally in the belly of the beast. Whack the head off and you also stand a good chance of killing you too...

There are more than 11 million people including our troops minutes away that would be immediately be thrown into war, with an incalculable loss of life. World sentiment would quickly turn against the US and calls for military retaliation against the rouge US by Russia and the Chinese would very well be irresistible....

My fervent hope is that is that Mattis and Kelly can keep these idiots in the WH from killing us all but I'm not optomistic.. :shrug:

Online corbe

« Reply #246 on: August 01, 2017, 03:13:49 am »
   Again Great Points, @montanajoe I will admit I am a little more optimistic about our future with another General in Charge in this Administration and that would have scared the shit out of me back in the day of LBJ and Westmoreland.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 03:15:45 am by corbe »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #247 on: August 01, 2017, 03:14:19 am »
Ignore that past tweet.  We're incapable of comprehending the endgame of this brilliant demi-god.  As a FReeper put it earlier today, when the dismissal was announced......

4D chess that would even blow Spock’s mind.

Are you kidding?

Tell me that's a joke.  Tell me it's pure irony.
+++++++++

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Offline edpc

« Reply #249 on: August 01, 2017, 03:37:54 am »
My fervent hope is that is that Mattis and Kelly can keep these idiots in the WH from killing us all but I'm not optomistic.

Problem is, the current idiots are in this predicament because of two decades of preceding idiots who did nothing.  History isn't on the side of fervent hope.

Near the mid 20th Century, leaders did nothing when a madman with bad intentions repeatedly violated agreements and dared anyone to stop him.  There were talks, concessions, and more agreements, because everyone remembered how terrible the previous war was and didn't want another.  That, unfortunately, led to the worst conflict the world had seen, because nobody would do what was required until it was too late.

Almost two decades ago, we found ourselves with an administration coming in with a controversial victory after two terms of liberal ineptitude.  During that era, a foreign adversary had declared repeated intention to harm us.  Within a year, we had 9/11.  Now, we find ourselves in a similar position.  I don't know if something catastrophic will happen again domestically, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if a major event happens sometime before the end of the year that requires our intervention.