Author Topic: Sessions: No plans to resign after Trump attack  (Read 23265 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Sessions: No plans to resign after Trump attack
« Reply #100 on: July 23, 2017, 05:43:59 pm »
Why are whining snowflakes making this all about Ted Cruz @Emjay?  Where is the defense of the US Constitution among these people?  Or is love of the Constitution another fly-by-night "principle" to be discarded to fit the star of their cult of personality?

OK, well enlighten us, @Right_in_Virginia.  You are making it "all about Cruz".  Why?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #101 on: July 23, 2017, 06:01:09 pm »
OK, well enlighten us, @Right_in_Virginia.  You are making it "all about Cruz".  Why?

Because snowflakes do @Sanguine ... they cannot see the Constitution for love of one politician.

While I don't expect it, step away from the cult, and we can discuss Section 1 article 2 of the US Constitution rationally, minus the tsunami of accusation and emotion.

Clear enough?

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #102 on: July 23, 2017, 06:08:59 pm »
The constitution gave the authority to congress to define citizenship. Congress has made adjustments to the citizenship laws over the years and sets the legal definition. Ted Cruz was a citizen at birth under US law at the time making him "natural born" because no other action was required to give him citizenship. Canadian law nor any other country's law matters in that determination. And I'll add, the courts have affirmed that.

Concise and correct.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #103 on: July 23, 2017, 06:38:50 pm »
Because snowflakes do @Sanguine ... they cannot see the Constitution for love of one politician.

While I don't expect it, step away from the cult, and we can discuss Section 1 article 2 of the US Constitution rationally, minus the tsunami of accusation and emotion.

Clear enough?

No, not really.  You are the one who keeps bring up Cruz.  So, you're admitting you're a snowflake?  I do admire your honesty.

« Reply #104 on: July 23, 2017, 06:58:01 pm »
No, not really.  .../

Well, since nothing I post is clear enough for you @Sanguine ,  there isn't any point to continuing our conversation...  :seeya:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #105 on: July 23, 2017, 06:58:38 pm »
Why are whining snowflakes making this all about Ted Cruz @Emjay?  Where is the defense of the US Constitution among these people?  Or is love of the Constitution another fly-by-night "principle" to be discarded to fit the star of their cult of personality?

Because Ted Cruz has been the Man in the Senate.  He has devised a way to make the Health Care plan palatable to most of us. 

If you want to cling to the hope that he is not qualified to be President, well, cling on, but you know it's been decided by many courts.

And you are an odd person to talk about the Cult of Personality.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #106 on: July 23, 2017, 07:05:14 pm »
Because Ted Cruz has been the Man in the Senate.  He has devised a way to make the Health Care plan palatable to most of us. 

If you want to cling to the hope that he is not qualified to be President, well, cling on, but you know it's been decided by many courts.

Yes, I was a bit surprised by that too..

« Reply #107 on: July 23, 2017, 07:09:36 pm »

Agree.  I'm very glad he's there.  And I'm equally happy there's no Constitutional conflict with it. 

I'm not clinging to that @Emjay.  It saddens me.  And there has been no definitive court decision on the definition of NBC.  If the times comes when this is litigated by the highest court, I hope our side removes emotion and devotion to one politician and is able to see the future ramifications of dumbing down the definition to include naturalized citizens from around the world.

Well, in all candor Emjay, my being labeled a "cultist" by members of the Cult of Ted Cruz has always amused me....and it feels good to finally share this.  Thanks for the opportunity.   :laugh:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #108 on: July 23, 2017, 07:15:11 pm »
Agree.  I'm very glad he's there.  And I'm equally happy there's no Constitutional conflict with it. 

I'm not clinging to that @Emjay.  It saddens me.  And there has been no definitive court decision on the definition of NBC.  If the times comes when this is litigated by the highest court, I hope our side removes emotion and devotion to one politician and is able to see the future ramifications of dumbing down the definition to include naturalized citizens from around the world.

Well, in all candor Emjay, my being labeled a "cultist" by members of the Cult of Ted Cruz has always amused me....and it feels good to finally share this.  Thanks for the opportunity.   :laugh:

There is no Cult of Ted Cruz.  There are large numbers of people, getting larger all the time, who finally recognize that Ted Cruz would be as close to a perfect President as we'll ever get.

He knows every inch of the Constitution (you would wrongly hold against him)... in fact, memorized it when he was just a kid.

He's brilliant and able to understand complicated issues and look at them from the viewpoint of a true conservative.

He's funny and personable, honest and a good family man.

And trumpers are absolutely terrified of him.

« Reply #109 on: July 23, 2017, 07:24:31 pm »
There is no Cult of Ted Cruz.  There are large numbers of people, getting larger all the time, who finally recognize that Ted Cruz would be as close to a perfect President as we'll ever get. .../

Silly argument @Emjay ... "Close to prefect" in the political realm is the very essence of "cult"   No Membership Chairmanship for you!!!  LOL   :silly:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #110 on: July 23, 2017, 07:32:03 pm »
Silly argument @Emjay ... "Close to prefect" in the political realm is the very essence of "cult"   No Membership Chairmanship for you!!!  LOL   :silly:

Let me see if I have this right.

Admiring Ted Cruz for the genuine qualities he possesses makes one a cultist.
Excusing Trump for every misstep makes one... what ...a rational human being.

Sometimes it seems like you have some sense but I guess the magic words 'Ted Cruz' brings out the flat out crazy in you.

You'll have to continue this ridiculous argument with someone else, though.

Bye now.

« Reply #111 on: July 23, 2017, 07:34:14 pm »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #112 on: July 23, 2017, 07:38:43 pm »
:bighug: for you @Emjay    :laugh:

@Right_in_Virginia, now that is weird behavior.  First you try to insult and then you want to do a big hug?  Why?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #113 on: July 23, 2017, 07:42:07 pm »
Had there been a "cult of Ted Cruz," perhaps he'd become the president.

*sigh*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #114 on: July 23, 2017, 07:44:04 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia, now that is weird behavior.  First you try to insult and then you want to do a big hug?  Why?

It's the southern equivalent of 'bless your heart.'

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
  • I'm Junger than that now.
    • Gods, Graves, Glyphs (we're new)
« Reply #115 on: July 23, 2017, 08:01:32 pm »
IMHO, Sessions recused himself because he's under threat from his former colleagues from across the aisle.

[snip] Last year, after President-elect Trump picked Jeff Sessions to be attorney general, The New York Times editorial page called the Alabama senator "radical" and "extreme" and tarred him as an unrepentant racist and xenophobe.

Last week, after Trump criticized Sessions and others, the same editorial page suddenly discovered a new fondness for Sessions. The Times now insisted that Trump had impugned his "integrity" and that of others "who have spent their careers respecting and protecting" the law. [/snip]

http://nypost.com/2017/07/22/exposing-the-new-york-times-hypocrisy-on-jeff-sessions/
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) my FR posts, SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert

Online corbe

« Reply #116 on: July 23, 2017, 09:19:09 pm »

You certainly proved, to me anyway, that you have big ovaries @Emjay, to argue with RiV, I have to be drunk to do that and the blowback is to high a price, I usually just leave her to her fantasies, they are usually non fatal. @Right_in_Virginia
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #117 on: July 24, 2017, 12:38:44 am »
    You certainly proved, to me anyway, that you have big ovaries @Emjay, to argue with RiV, I have to be drunk to do that and the blowback is to high a price, I usually just leave her to her fantasies, they are usually non fatal. @Right_in_Virginia

Who knew what the equivalent of Big Balls is?  Corbe knew, apparently.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #118 on: July 24, 2017, 09:01:28 am »

Clear enough?

You do realize you just described yourself self perfectly don't you?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #119 on: July 24, 2017, 09:06:47 am »

@txradioguy

You're so freaking predictable.

But then most cultists are.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

« Reply #120 on: July 24, 2017, 09:10:58 am »
You're so freaking predictable.

But then most cultists are.

You would know @txradioguy ...much better than I.   

« Reply #121 on: July 24, 2017, 09:13:02 am »

Actually, it's the northern equivalent ... but close enough @Emjay   Close enough.   ^-^

« Reply #122 on: July 24, 2017, 09:14:24 am »
You do realize you just described yourself self perfectly don't you?

Ah, no @txradioguy   I'm not the one willing to discard the Constitution for one politician.  You are.   :shrug:

« Reply #123 on: July 24, 2017, 09:16:03 am »

Were you drunk when you posted this @corbe?   :pondering:

Offline DB

« Reply #124 on: July 24, 2017, 09:17:51 am »
Ah, no @txradioguy   I'm not the one willing to discard the Constitution for one politician.  You are.   :shrug:

What constitution is that?

Here's the truth since you seemed to have missed it up thread:

The constitution gave the authority to congress to define citizenship. Congress has made adjustments to the citizenship laws over the years and sets the legal definition. Ted Cruz was a citizen at birth under US law at the time making him "natural born" because no other action was required to give him citizenship. Canadian law nor any other country's law matters in that determination. And I'll add, the courts have affirmed that.