Author Topic: Best Diets  (Read 487 times)

rangerrebew

Best Diets
« on: July 07, 2017, 07:56:37 am »
Best Diets

U.S. News evaluated 38 of the most popular diets and identified the best. Find which top-rated diet is best for your health and fitness goals.

http://health.usnews.com/best-diet
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 07:57:19 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Applewood

Re: Best Diets
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 03:15:52 pm »
Weight Watchers worked well for me till they were constantly tinkering with the program. Just as I'd get used to one program, it would be revised, I'd go off the rails and up went the scale.  i understand that the program has to change as new research comes out, but  WW was getting ridiculous and expensive. 

Still, WW is a sound, healthy program, not a fad, and I would recommend it at least to start. 

What I don't like are programs that restrict what you can eat.  A friend is on some version of the Paleo diet.  The foods she cannot eat are ridiculous.  Tomatoes?  Unless a person can't tolerate the acidity, tomatoes are very healthy -- Vitamins A and C.  I can see ridding yourself of junk and unhealthy carbs, but I don't see the point of restricting food that is good for you.  And I'm not sure Paleo teaches portion control.  Weight loss is not just about what you eat, but how much you eat.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 03:22:57 pm »
I think the best diet is probably the one you can stick with ... whatever that may be. 
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 03:26:21 pm »
Good point.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 03:37:24 pm »
I tried weight watchers a few years ago and lost about 20 pounds with them. I had a hard time following it but the weekly weigh ins made me like the program

I've lost 110 pounds since last August 23. Bariatric surgery. Don't recommend it. Can't eat but a few things or my stomach goes crazy. So I've pretty much become a pescatarian by default. And I'm a sick of eating fish. Can't eat anything with sugar or I'm really ill. 95% of what I eat has to be protein. And all the vitamins I take daily.

Not to mention my hair fell out from loosing weight so quickly, and I'm getting skin surgery in January or March of next year.

When all is said and done I don't know if I would recommend this surgery. I think the doctors now are prescribing it to people over 100 lbs too quickly. 
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️