Author Topic: Extinct No More: World’s Rarest Ancient Dog is Rediscovered in New Guinea  (Read 808 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Scientists are going crazy over new pictures that show the New Guinea Highland Wild Dog is alive and well on the South Pacific island. The highland wild dog, thought to be the world’s rarest and most ancient canine, was feared to be extinct for more than 50 years.

Turns out, they were just really good at hiding.

During an expedition to New Guinea’s central mountain spine, researchers spotted what looked like a muddy paw print. They immediately set up bait sites and trail cameras, hoping this would lead to the definitive proof they needed to bring this animal out of extinction.

Just two days later, the team had over 140 images of the highland wild dog. A small pack of about 15 dogs — including males, females and pups — were not only surviving but thriving. ..

Read more at: https://www.certapet.com/media/worlds-rarest-ancient-dog-rediscovered/

--------

Nice looking dog. I do wonder though if it asked the Scientific Consensus if it could be unextinct. We should never allow facts and science to instrude on the holy proclamations of Scientific Consensus.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
It looks just like my daughter's dog.  She's a mutt (the dog, not my daughter), but is supposed to be 1/2 Pharaoh Hound.