Author Topic: Pope Francis ousts another Vatican conservative  (Read 499 times)

rangerrebew

Pope Francis ousts another Vatican conservative
« on: July 02, 2017, 04:35:15 pm »
Pope Francis ousts another Vatican conservative

Andrew MalcolmPosted at 9:23 am on July 2, 2017

For the second time in a week, Pope Francis has removed a conservative Vatican powerhouse who opposed his warming of Roman Catholic orthodoxy.

The Vatican announced Saturday that the Pope would not be renewing the five-year appointment of Cardinal Gerhard Ludwig Müller as head of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, basically the Vatican’s doctrinal watchdog. Muller, a 69-year-old was appointed by fellow German Pope Benedict XVI. As Cardinal Ratzinger, Benedict had also headed that Congregation under Pope John Paul II.

rangerrebew

Re: Pope Francis ousts another Vatican conservative
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 04:36:06 pm »
Don't cry for me, Argentina (Catholics).

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 07:12:26 pm »
Wow, this is old time commie purge tactics, and pretty bold at that. When you sack the guy that's the Keeper of the Doctrine, you are planning to 'fundamantally transform' your religion.

I'm a Protestant that disagrees with Roman Catholic doctrine in a number of areas. Even so I loved John Paul and Benedict because they stood up for the right things. This guy is an abomonation.

What scares me is that this guy was voted in, which tells me the disease in the Church is much deeper than him.
The Republic is lost.

Offline raml

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 11:29:15 pm »
This pope is not a Christian it shows in his works. He works for the dark side the devil. I have known that since he doesn't line up with the bible at all. He is a communist from a communist country and that is the only religion he has.