Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: Ted Cruz Suggests U.S. Military Response to Mexican Cartels  (Read 5022 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
EXCLUSIVE: Ted Cruz Suggests U.S. Military Response to Mexican Cartels

by Brandon Darby12 Jun 2017Lubbock, TX3,075

LUBBOCK, Texas — U.S. Senator Ted Cruz suggested that the U.S. military should be used against Mexican transnational criminal groups (cartels). The statements were made during a one-on-one interview with the senator at the end of May at the Bayer Museum of Agriculture in Lubbock, Texas. The senator made clear that he was not suggesting unilateral U.S. military action in Mexico, but rather a cooperative effort, as seen in Colombia.

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/06/12/exclusive-ted-cruz-suggests-u-s-military-response-mexican-cartels/

Wow, this is a must read interview.  Entire interview in link.  We need to secure the border now.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Lest we forget, Senator Cruz suggested a border wall back in 2012, back well before black tar heroin became such a huge problem, and fentanyl laced heroin killed so many people.

In the meantime, the Cartels have made billions, and the border is still open....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

Lest we forget, Senator Cruz suggested a border wall back in 2012, back well before black tar heroin became such a huge problem, and fentanyl laced heroin killed so many people.

In the meantime, the Cartels have made billions, and the border is still open....

Still open.  Terrorists are even crossing.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

What he is suggesting is that we agree with Mexico to send troops down there to round up the Cartels.  Mexico does not have the police force to do it and besides there's so much corruption.  He thinks the Mexican government would welcome it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Still open.  Terrorists are even crossing.

At least somebody is trying to do something about it while the rest of us just whine.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Chosen Daughter

What he is suggesting is that we agree with Mexico to send troops down there to round up the Cartels.  Mexico does not have the police force to do it and besides there's so much corruption.  He thinks the Mexican government would welcome it.

That must be the obvious reason that there is still nothing being done.  No they won't welcome it.  Why do you think people voted for Trump?  They wanted the borders secured. 

No money for fence.  No Mexico paying for fence.  No Art of the Deal with Congress to secure our country.  Trump not even stopping catch and release.  He continues Obama's illegal immigration legacy. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

At least somebody is trying to do something about it while the rest of us just whine.

Who is doing something?  People were so gullible.  The Trump was going to force the Mexican government to pay for the wall. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

Right on the other side of the border.  The situation is dire.  Not at the airport but on our border.
Graphic image removed, Link below for those who want to see. MOD2

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQapPcw_LK8e9b4WekFn4-Ftgtm5Ic7QXjImLhXs7hlm3F2yF45rQ

If a corrupt Mexican government and cartels who are filling our country with drugs and gangs isn't enough maybe the prospect of beheadings might raise some alarm.  Do people even know the danger at our door? 

http://www.lapdonline.org/all_most_wanted

https://www.dps.texas.gov/Texas10MostWanted/fugitives.aspx

https://www.usmarshals.gov/district/nm/fugitives/vo.html

https://www.dea.gov/fugitives/phx/phx_div_list.shtml

And some Texas prison statistics.

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2016/02/19/report-illegal-aliens-represent-nearly-5-percent-of-texas-prison-population/

Edited to reduce graphic image above to link. MOD2
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 10:40:27 am by Mod2 »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
How original. I never heard anyone else suggest this.

Offline roamer_1

I wonder if there is SOME kind of correlation there....
Hmmm.  :pondering:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Some folks getting awful rich off of salaries in the low sixes....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

General George Pershing, Pancho Villa is alive once again and we need you to kick-ass.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline skeeter

It'll take some stones to dig into this story.

Offline Night Hides Not

How original. I never heard anyone else suggest this.

Nearly five months in, and Trump's plan is in a death spiral.

In fact, Trump's agenda is dissolving as we speak. He's got the bully pulpit, he needs to use it to change the current narrative.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

General George Pershing, Pancho Villa is alive once again and we need you to kick-ass.

O/T, Pershing's quarters at Fort Bliss are used as the residence for the Deputy CG...at least it was when I was stationed there.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline roamer_1

Some folks getting awful rich off of salaries in the low sixes....

:shrug: Probably just a coincidence, right?

Offline roamer_1

It'll take some stones to dig into this story.

It'll never happen

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Bookmark.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Perhaps the good Senator should stand down ... or catch up.

Defense Secretary Mattis "shocked" by poor state of U.S. combat readiness
CBS News, Jun 13, 2017
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/defense-secretary-jim-mattis-shocked-by-poor-state-of-us-combat-readiness/

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Why is that, @Right_in_Virginia?

Why is that, @Right_in_Virginia?

Read the darn article @Sanguine ... it is why I included the link as part of my answer.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Chosen Daughter

I admit I just scanned the story but didn't see anything about the border.  And the Pentagon is busy holding gay celebrations.

I admit I just scanned the story but didn't see anything about the border.  And the Pentagon is busy holding gay celebrations.

Did you miss the part about our military being in a poor state combat readiness?  Would this be the best time to start a shooting war with Mexico's cartels---even if blessed by Sen. Cruz?

@Chosen Daughter

Offline Chosen Daughter

Nearly five months in, and Trump's plan is in a death spiral.

In fact, Trump's agenda is dissolving as we speak. He's got the bully pulpit, he needs to use it to change the current narrative.

There are reports that ISIS has training camps just across the border from New Mexico.  Yes he does need to use the bully pulpit but is it even that important to him?  Hardly hear about the border anymore.  Except articles saying he is continuing Obama's catch and release.  Yes more people are deported but they all should be.  The only people coming across the border to work should be vetted people with work permits.

The reason our government isn't doing anything is because we have made illegal immigration a way of life.  A way to give welfare to companies at the expense of taxpayers.  A way for them to hire labor at a low wage because they have no requirement to provide any of the benefits that taxpayers pick up.

Meanwhile these devils are flowing in and enslaving our children to heroin addiction.  They are filling our prisons.  They are murdering, raping and robbing America and Americans blind.  Trump was absolutely right that murderers and rapists are coming.  What is he doing about it?  How is it going with the sanctuary cities?  How much does it cost Americans to house the criminals, feed the illegal immigrants, pay for their health, medical and dental and give them food stamps, cash and phones?

Offline Night Hides Not

He put most of the blame on Congress for its inability to approve budgets on time or repeal a law that strictly limits defense spending.

Testifying before the House Armed Services Committee, Mattis said Congress has "sidelined itself from its active constitutional oversight role" by failing to deliver a steady stream of funding to pay for new weapons and other critical gear.

I find these quotes extremely offensive. He's giving a pass to the lack of leadership shown by military leaders advanced by Obama.

I never was allowed to use excuses when I was but a lowly platoon leader in 77-78. We were told to make do with what we had. Instead of using my jeep (to save fuel in August when our funding ran out), I'd follow a squad into a nearby field for training.

For two consecutive years, we basically shut down in August and September, for lack of funding. No one cut us any slack, particularly when the Group Commander made surprise visits to our motor pool on at least one Friday afternoon every quarter. Actually, I enjoyed it, as I was usually the only officer on site...everyone else was back at the barracks (10 miles away), working on their extra duties.

When I took over as maintenance officer (one of the worst jobs ever), I bought me a pair of overalls so I could climb under the vehicles to observe my mechanics. On one of those occasions, the Colonel popped in, and I was the only officer there. He didn't like it that I was in coveralls, though judging by his tone, he was engaging in "Colonel-speak".

"Sequestration" and "lack of funding" were two excuses he wouldn't have put up with.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 02:40:54 pm by Night Hides Not »