Author Topic: Battle over bare-breasted women brews at one of Maryland’s busiest beaches  (Read 2311 times)

Offline corbe

Battle over bare-breasted women brews at one of Maryland’s busiest beaches
By Lynh Bui and Ann E. Marimow 

June 9 at 6:30 AM 

A battle over bare-breasted women at one of Maryland’s most popular vacation spots is heating up as summer hits without a clear answer on whether women are free to be free at the beach.

With the heat approaching, authorities in Ocean City issued a memo this week directing the beach patrol not to confront bare-chested women or ask them to cover up regardless of complaints. The policy is to stand until the Maryland Attorney General’s Office opines on state indecent exposure laws after a local beachgoer declared that if men can go sans tops, then women can, too.

“It’s about equality, it’s about positivity, and it’s against body shaming and the forced sexualization of the female form,” said Chelsea Covington, a self-described “topfreedom” advocate who wrote a legal brief arguing that Maryland law allows women to go bare-chested in public. “It is most certainly about equality under the law.”

The legal dust-up has rankled the resort town along the Eastern Shore, with officials worried seminude women will besmirch Ocean City’s reputation as a family-friendly vacation destination.

“The mayor and council have no desire to make Ocean City a topless beach,” said Jessica Waters, a spokeswoman for the city. “We have no plans for becoming a topless beach.”

Maryland law is not entirely clear when it comes to the question of whether women are expressly prohibited from baring their breasts in public.

Beach patrol employees in Ocean City have been directed to document complaints about topless bathers by filling out “minor incident” forms, but were specifically told not to “approach the topless woman, even if requested to do so by the complainant or other beach patrons.”

It is not just Ocean City where the topless issue is kicking up sand.

Legal challenges to local policies are percolating through courts nationwide with varying results.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/battle-over-bare-breasted-women-brews-at-one-of-mds-busiest-beaches/2017/06/09/ba18c3a2-4c7d-11e7-bc1b-fddbd8359dee_story.html?utm_term=.96452a4d4173

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

TTIUWP, but it won't be me, I just got back in!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
My eyes have seen enough bare breasts that they would be wise to hire me as a consultant given my years of experience.  Instantly I can recognize those which constitute a public nuisance and those that do not.  Hint: most on a public beach definitely are a public nuisance.

Although it may require a substantial taxpayer outlay, I would recommend they lower the lights, raise the music and install several stainless steel poles.  My research has proven this habitat is more suitable toward attracting Hondo-approved bare breasts.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
My eyes have seen enough bare breasts that they would be wise to hire me as a consultant given my years of experience.  Instantly I can recognize those which constitute a public nuisance and those that do not.  Hint: most on a public beach definitely are a public nuisance.

Although it may require a substantial taxpayer outlay, I would recommend they lower the lights, raise the music and install several stainless steel poles.  My research has proven this habitat is more suitable toward attracting Hondo-approved bare breasts.

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Wingnut

Once you've seen one pair of boobs, you wanna see the rest of them...  Well except for that drunk old biker chicks set.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The women you want to see naked at the beach are never the women you see naked at the beach.
The Republic is lost.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Wait until the muslim "modesty police" show up.

Then watch what happens...

Offline Old Warrior in Exile

The women you want to see naked at the beach are never the women you see naked at the beach.

Once you've seen one nekkid, you pretty much want to see 'em all nekkid.

Barba non facit philosophum.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Once you've seen one pair of boobs, you wanna see the rest of them...  Well except for that drunk old biker chicks set.
Female frontal nudity is still prohibited in Sturgis during Bike Week.  **nononono*

The 'fun' part would be watching all these fine office-employed ladies go back to work on Monday with sunburned tender parts.  :thud: (from a safe distance, of course)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline rodamala

@Wingnut

HarleyLady27?

Online Smokin Joe

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline rodamala

@Wingnut
@Smokin Joe

Mudflaps, indeed.  Yosemite Sam ones on 1970 Autocar.  BACK OFF!

Online Smokin Joe

In the meantime, a preview....

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
You can always play spot the silicone ones or the natural ones, I guess.  :silly:
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 06:58:30 am by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Smokin Joe

You can always play spot the silicone ones or the natural ones, I guess.
Just holler real loud and the real ones fly away. Oh. the other kind... :whistle:

C S Lewis

Offline Hondo69

Maybe they could compromise.  Cover up one side and leave the other side exposed.

:pondering:

Online Smokin Joe

Maybe they could compromise.  Cover up one side and leave the other side exposed.

:pondering:
They already do. They cover up the front and leave the back exposed.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Why any woman would want to subject herself to the ogling of men like this is beyond me. Lord knows when I was 18 I had enough imagination to fully mentally disrobe a woman dressed in a full army tank. I have a late teen son now that is in a long distance affair with a nice young lady 50 miles away. Just seeing her smile every other weekend is enough to keep his heart a fluttering. Keep some mystery ladies. Gee...

God gave our fairer sex "charms"... of all the mammals in the world HE gave only human ladies a full breast at all times... it is a sex attractant and women today can't acknowledge it drives men nuts. God knew what he was doing when he made those pretty things, to bad feminist cast the wisdom of modesty out the window.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 01:26:12 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Hondo69

They already do. They cover up the front and leave the back exposed.

Good one - you got me there.    :beer:

Offline Hondo69

God gave our fairer sex "charms"... of all the mammals in the world HE gave only human ladies a full breast at all times... it is a sex attractant and women today can't acknowledge it drives men nuts. God knew what he was doing when he made those pretty things, to bad feminist cast the wisdom of modesty out the window.

I find it humorous when flipping channels these days.  CNN will have some feminist on spouting her nonsense which makes your eyes glaze over, then on the next channel you see The Bachelorette auctioning herself off to the highest bidder (in a manner of speaking).

It can all be a bit confusing to the casual viewer, at least until you flip to the next channel showing a commercial with a closeup of a hottie in a bathing suit.  Hmmm, must have been cold when they shot that commercial.  But at least it makes sense.