Author Topic: Woman left with life-threatening heart condition after parents chose prayer over medical treatment  (Read 465 times)

Offline Suppressed

Woman left with life-threatening heart condition after parents chose prayer over medical treatment
Mariah Walton was diagnosed with congential heart disease aged 18
Katie Forster @katieforster 8 mins ago
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/woman-life-threatening-heart-lung-condition-parents-prayer-medical-treatment-doctors-mariah-walton-a7766741.html

Mariah Walton says parents and guardians in Idaho should be required by law to treat ill children
Screenshot from KTVB footage

A woman whose life is threatened by heart and lung complications was left permanently disabled after her parents rejected medical treatment and prayed for her recovery instead.

Mariah Walton was born with a small hole in her heart, which could have been repaired in early life, but is now in and out of hospital for her condition, which has become life-threatening.

The 21-year-old and her siblings, from the US state of Idaho, are now campaigning for a change in the law so parents such as theirs who choose to follow “faith healing” can be prosecuted.

“My lungs burn because I can’t get the oxygen I need,” she told local news channel KTVB. “They used to pray over me. The’d say: ‘God’s going to heal you, just have faith’ and all kinds of stuff… I think it’s time to prosecute them”

[...]

Excerpt.  Read more at http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/woman-life-threatening-heart-lung-condition-parents-prayer-medical-treatment-doctors-mariah-walton-a7766741.html
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Arrest the parents for negligence.