Author Topic: Blood Pressure Goals: Aggressive Treatments May Be Best, Study Says  (Read 694 times)

rangerrebew

Blood Pressure Goals: Aggressive Treatments May Be Best, Study Says
By Rachael Rettner, Senior Writer | May 31, 2017 01:36pm ET

People with high blood pressure can benefit from reducing their blood pressure to levels well below those recommended in current guidelines, according to a new study.

In the study, researchers reviewed information from 42 previous clinical trials and found that treatments that lowered people's systolic blood pressure to between 120 and 124 mm Hg were linked with the greatest benefits, compared with treatments that didn't get blood pressure this low. (Systolic blood pressure is the top reading in a blood pressure measurement.)

http://www.livescience.com/59312-blood-pressure-aggressive-treatments.html
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 08:43:52 am by rangerrebew »

Offline DB

Re: Blood Pressure Goals: Aggressive Treatments May Be Best, Study Says
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 09:54:47 am »
Something interesting regarding blood pressure.

For years my typical blood pressure was in the low 130's/high 120's over mid to low 80's. I don't take blood pressure medications. I had a heart attack about 4 years ago and had several stints inserted.

For about 8 months I've been drinking 8 oz a day of pure pomegranate juice (Pom Wonderful or similar). My typical blood pressure now is in the low 110's over the low 70's/high 60's with no other medication changes. So for those of you who are flirting with high blood pressure and the need to start using medication to lower it this might be an alternative.