Author Topic: Open War On The President  (Read 12698 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Open War On The President
« Reply #100 on: May 22, 2017, 08:08:14 pm »
Usually happens with him before he's had his prunes and Buttermilk.

Try not to confuse your diet with his @txradioguy    888blackhat

@DCPatriot

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #101 on: May 22, 2017, 08:08:38 pm »
Nowhere in that post was any praised given to Rubio.  Perhaps you should read it again, DD.

If I agree with a broken clock that just happens to show the right time at that moment, it does not mean that I am praising that clock.

@Hoodat
So sorry.   Commending someone for good & proper judgement is praise.   

MOST ESPECIALLY from someone who has put themselves on an ivory pedestal on how they refuse to compromise one single iota while telling anyone else who does that they are not worthy.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 08:24:41 pm by driftdiver »
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #102 on: May 22, 2017, 08:29:34 pm »
Post 38 of this thread  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,263915.msg1331703.html#msg1331703

You agreed with Rubio in his assessment DESPITE him being the gang of 8 (while conveniently ignoring his history).   Looks like praise to me.

So much for your vaunted standards. 

Now who is the liar there sport.   Why its YOU. 

Well DriftLIAR, absolutely NOTHING in that thread that I wrote (and I invite EVERYONE TO READ IT) states, implies or praises Rubio in any fashion whatsoever outside of agreeing with his statement.

I fact I stated that I do not care for Rubio in my initial reply on that thread.

I asked you on that thread, if Rubio says "The Sky Is Blue" should we automatically deny the the sky is blue simply because Rubio said so because he was part of the Gang of 8?

Apparently in your twisted world, we should deny the truth whenever it it spoken by someone whom you despise politically, because apparently any shred of the truth can only be spoken by someone who is a cookie-cutter politico like yourself.

What was it you were saying about ivory pedestals again?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #103 on: May 22, 2017, 08:29:56 pm »
@Hoodat
So sorry.   Commending someone for good & proper judgement is praise.   

No comment was offered on Rubio's judgment.  Thus, no praise.  Perhaps you should read it again, DD.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #104 on: May 22, 2017, 08:59:15 pm »
No comment was offered on Rubio's judgment.  Thus, no praise.  Perhaps you should read it again, DD.

Agreeing with Rubio is a comment.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #105 on: May 22, 2017, 08:59:42 pm »
Well DriftLIAR, absolutely NOTHING in that thread that I wrote (and I invite EVERYONE TO READ IT) states, implies or praises Rubio in any fashion whatsoever outside of agreeing with his statement.

I fact I stated that I do not care for Rubio in my initial reply on that thread.

I asked you on that thread, if Rubio says "The Sky Is Blue" should we automatically deny the the sky is blue simply because Rubio said so because he was part of the Gang of 8?

Apparently in your twisted world, we should deny the truth whenever it it spoken by someone whom you despise politically, because apparently any shred of the truth can only be spoken by someone who is a cookie-cutter politico like yourself.

What was it you were saying about ivory pedestals again?

@INVAR

You are a man without honor.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #106 on: May 22, 2017, 09:01:45 pm »
@INVAR

You are a man without honor.

Thank you for your compliment.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline MOD4

« Reply #107 on: May 22, 2017, 09:03:59 pm »
Are we done, gentlemen?

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #108 on: May 22, 2017, 09:09:13 pm »
I'd be honored to.  Is it ok if I wear my dress blue uniform instead of a tux?
Thanks for giving this grannie a smile.   We are a military family.......or I should say....were........no one on active duty at this time.........dress blues beat a tux hands down.
Thanks for serving.

geronl

« Reply #109 on: May 22, 2017, 09:13:40 pm »

Trumpers demand PURITY!!

geronl

« Reply #110 on: May 22, 2017, 09:15:35 pm »

This kind of stuff is over-the-top.

Open Politics on the President (For Zis Vee Must Destroy Zem!)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #111 on: May 22, 2017, 09:21:01 pm »
Trumpers demand PURITY!!

On a myriad of levels, that a totally asinine statement.

In fact, it is the stupidest post I've seen in here since.....the one you made yesterday. 

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #112 on: May 22, 2017, 09:24:19 pm »
Are we done, gentlemen?

Gentlemen?

Who came in?

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #113 on: May 22, 2017, 09:30:56 pm »
Post 38 of this thread  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,263915.msg1331703.html#msg1331703

You agreed with Rubio in his assessment DESPITE him being the gang of 8 (while conveniently ignoring his history).   Looks like praise to me.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I was on that thread, and you drift are the one not telling the truth. The closest anyone came to praising Rubio was me in post 29. And basically I said he had a fairly conservative voting record in most other departments (other than immigration) but never will live down his Gang of Eight vote which he tries/tried to hide. I also admitted I could of voted for him.

TL/DR...No one else came close to supporting Rubio except me (and that was reluctantly).

@INVAR @driftdiver
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 09:40:38 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline musiclady

« Reply #114 on: May 22, 2017, 09:44:08 pm »
You're pretending that Trump's own behavior plays no part in this.  But it does. 

The more he spouts off, the harder it is for honest people to defend him.

IMO, it is ridiculous to ignore Trump's own childish behavior as part of the equation.

But it is also ridiculous to not recognize that the media attacks every Republican President (W, perhaps more because he "stole" the election and they hated him for it), and would be attacking any Republican who beat Hillary.

Nonetheless, if Trump would grow up, stop acting like he's the only one whom the media has ever attacked, and would stop saying and doing idiotic things, the press might back off the feeding frenzy a tad.

I wanted a grown up in the WH after eight years of childishness with Obama.

Looks like I have to wait another four years....  :shrug:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #115 on: May 22, 2017, 09:47:04 pm »
You are wrong.  The press always snipes at the Republican President but ... not on this scale ... on a fraction of this scale.

They are grabbing at any piece of flotsam in the water that they get get a random quote on or build some kind of innuendo on and reporting it as news.

It's not hysterical and it is not hand wringing.

It is a sane look at what is going on now in this country and if you don't see it, you are not looking.

Have you forgotten that George W. caused the I35W bridge to collapse in MN, that he deliberately drowned black people in NO, and caused the hurricanes because he didn't sign Kyoto, that he spent more time "on vacation" than any previous President, that he was an abject fool, even though he had an MBA?

If anyone thinks Trump is being treated worse that W, he/she has a very short memory.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #116 on: May 22, 2017, 09:47:45 pm »
I wanted a grown up in the WH after eight years of childishness with Obama.

Looks like I have to wait another four years....  :shrug:

Hey, he might grow up quick now he's felt the kick of life upon the stage (with apologies to Dio).  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline r9etb

« Reply #117 on: May 22, 2017, 09:49:54 pm »
But it is also ridiculous to not recognize that the media attacks every Republican President (W, perhaps more because he "stole" the election and they hated him for it), and would be attacking any Republican who beat Hillary.

Quite true.  Perhaps, as you say, "if Trump would grow up, stop acting like he's the only one whom the media has ever attacked, and would stop saying and doing idiotic things, the press might back off the feeding frenzy a tad."

I doubt that they'd back off, no more than would the vile Mr. Schumer back off.

But I think hysterical attacks against a person who behaves as a responsible adult would tend to be counterproductive over time. 

As an example, the media drumbeat against W was intense, but he did overall behave as a responsible adult, and I think as a result the Democrats had trouble gaining traction against him, even toward the end of his administration.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #118 on: May 22, 2017, 09:50:01 pm »
Hey, he might grow up quick now he's felt the kick of life upon the stage (with apologies to Dio).  :tongue2:

Nah............. that would take some self-awareness.  He clearly thinks only of himself, and has no perspective at all on life as it exists in reality, so he'll continue to whine when he gets kicked, and not learn from it.

(Sorry to respond seriously to your clever retort, EC!)

Offline musiclady

« Reply #119 on: May 22, 2017, 09:53:17 pm »
Quite true.  Perhaps, as you say, "if Trump would grow up, stop acting like he's the only one whom the media has ever attacked, and would stop saying and doing idiotic things, the press might back off the feeding frenzy a tad."

I doubt that they'd back off, no more than would the vile Mr. Schumer back off.

But I think hysterical attacks against a person who behaves as a responsible adult would tend to be counterproductive over time. 

As an example, the media drumbeat against W was intense, but he did overall behave as a responsible adult, and I think as a result the Democrats had trouble gaining traction against him, even toward the end of his administration.

I wonder if the only reason the media let off on W was because of 9/11 and his 90%+ approval rating.  :pondering:

But your point is valid that Trump is putting a target on his back with his idiotic behavior, so it's likely to enflame the media hatred for Republican presidents rather than have it abate a bit as it did with George W.

The irony is that Trump is truly one of them, and that before he started pretending to be a Republican, he was on their side.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #120 on: May 22, 2017, 09:56:42 pm »
Nah............. that would take some self-awareness.  He clearly thinks only of himself, and has no perspective at all on life as it exists in reality, so he'll continue to whine when he gets kicked, and not learn from it.

(Sorry to respond seriously to your clever retort, EC!)

;) look up the song that's from.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #121 on: May 22, 2017, 10:09:11 pm »
Lest we forget, Cruz had 5 secret lovers, go the the National Enquirer article that is still up on this BS and read the Trump supporter comments. How many comments are just like this "The press is against Trump, more of this needs to come out on Cruz"  and "No wonder Heidi depressed."

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/photos/ted-cruz-sex-scandal-cheating-affairs-mistresses/

There is no doubt at all that the press is against Trump now, but it is hypocritical to not admit that Trump supporters when getting favorable free press against the leading contender sure didn't give a hoot when the unfair press pushed stories to their liking. They (some) cheered it on and dared the more reserved of their inklings to say something against them.

I for one, don't like it now as I certainly didn't like it then. As much as I would like to just throw my hands up and say Trump is getting what he deserves, I can't. The liberal press needs fought on a daily bases and that is part of the reason I love forums like TBR. I don't want a parrot parlor like TOS, I want both sides. I want a spade called a spade by people unafraid to tell it like it is. Yes with that also comes wanting some Trumpbots to put up a good fight from their perspective. Sometimes they even make sense, sometimes they make fools of themselves. Sometimes I do the same, opps!!!

We as conservatives should strive to keep our heads above the muck. Character that pays off in the long run. Because when we don't we really have little room to complain when the dirty liberals fight back at it's level and has the means to do it via controlling most the large media outlets.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 10:48:35 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #122 on: May 23, 2017, 03:03:51 pm »
We as conservatives should strive to keep our heads above the muck. Character that pays off in the long run. Because when we don't we really have little room to complain when the dirty liberals fight back at it's level and has the means to do it via controlling most the large media outlets.

Good post   :beer:  I only quoted a portion for sake of space.

Al-Qaeda - Whether fighting them, negotiating with them or tying to mix among their people it is unusually difficult simply because we're dealing with an entirely different world view.  For example, they don't believe we ever landed a man on the moon.  They backup their belief with an explanation of holding their thumb and forefinger an inch apart and saying, "the moon is only this big".  That's the mindset we're dealing with.  Now go and try to negotiate an agreement.

Now replace the word Al-Qaeda with Liberals, it's exactly the same.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #123 on: May 23, 2017, 06:21:09 pm »
With all due respect.... that's bullshit.  It doesn't take being "infatuated with Trump" to see what is going on in this country right now re: the leftist takeover/takedown attempts via the lamestream media, the enemy within Democratic Party and Soros & Co. paid anarchists.  Anyone denying that reality is too stupid to still be alive, in my humble opinion.

@XenaLee Thank God for a sensible post.

@txradioguy and so many others have the mindset that anybody here who tries to take a rational view of what's going on is defending Trump.  Not just defending Trump but worshipping Trump.

I have never worshipped Trump and I know all about who he is and bad things he's said and done.

What I care about now is the country and the Republican Party.  There is another group here who have washed their hands of the Republican Party and they are afloat in the never never land of a wonderful third party that will take power someday.  Well, not in our lifetime, sweeties.

So, what I'm doing now is trying to defend my party against enemies of truth, justice and the American way.  Sometimes that involves defending Trump against unfair attacks.

I've explained that at least 20 times but it doesn't take with the haters here who still consider me a snowflake.  I'm okay with that ... I've been called far worse here, but it doesn't make any sense at all.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #124 on: May 23, 2017, 06:32:50 pm »
There is another group here who have washed their hands of the Republican Party and they are afloat in the never never land of a wonderful third party that will take power someday.  Well, not in our lifetime, sweeties.

We don't care if it never happens.

What we care about is not lending our hands, efforts and voices to a corrupt Uniparty Oligarchy hellbent on making us a Socialist Democracy that has played you all for fools while you keep empowering them to do so.

And, Conservatives were told if we stuck to our principles, to get out of your party and get lost - and that you people and your candidates did not need us, nor want us in your party.

So we took your advice and are leaving you to yourselves while watching you all flail about with the Left and decry the fact we are not backing you or your party.

You are on your own with the Great Moderate Middle that your party leaders think are the future of your party and the country.

Have fun with that.