Author Topic: Open War On The President  (Read 12716 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Open War On The President
« Reply #175 on: May 24, 2017, 01:06:02 am »
Looks like open war on our fellow TBR'ers.

**nononono*

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #176 on: May 24, 2017, 01:49:09 am »
Are you reneging on your promise not to post to me?

Your initial post INCLUDED me in it, though you now claim it was "general."  Your response to my response to your castigation of principled people proved that I was included in your "these people" designation.

If it makes you feel better to call me a hypocrite, go for it.

You know it's not the truth (at least after you calm down and get off your high horse you will).

At any rate, all my fuses are intact, and I hope yours are too after this silly "Mommy, he hit me first!" post.

And I will no longer respond to your "general" denigration of principled people that include, but are not exclusive to me.

Are we done now, or do you want to continue this dopey argument you're having with me?

Stop!  Stop!  Stop!

My original post did NOT include you.  You self included yourself because you saw the traits I mentioned are traits you see in yourself.

I would not dream of arguing with a person as perfect as you assume yourself to be so stop posting to me.

Please.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #177 on: May 24, 2017, 02:01:53 am »
LOL!  You never cease to amuse @Emjay........ even when what you say is bonkers.

Your argument here proves my point.  Your condescending post included me, and I was right to respond to it.

I rest my case. 

Walk away @Emjay .... it appears @musiclady is one post away from one her "Let the Record Show ...." diatribes.

It ain't worth it.  Trust me.   :beer:

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #178 on: May 24, 2017, 02:07:08 am »
It's also an abject falsehood.  ALL of it.

Not a single letter...not an iota...of it is false.

We have a President governing in a conservative manner, pushing conservative legislation and appointing conservative justices. He is leading the fight against world terror, standing up to bullies around the world whom we have kow-towed to in the past 8 years...and he is fighting tooth and nail against the far left (Dems/Media). And y'all are too superior to get down onto the field of battle and fight at his side because he's not perfect, in your eyes, in his conservative credentials. Nor is smooth or gentlemanly, he's a boor and a street fighting thug in some ways...much to bareknuckle for you tea and snowflake folks, apparently.

The problem is not the president. Nor is it a matter of holding to your principles...as they are in no way threatened by a man governing in a conservative manner. No, the problem lies not in our president nor in our stars, it lies in yourselves....for thinking your too pure to mingle with us impure street fighters...the Samuel Adams-blue collar-fight the evil empire types. Well, for god's sakes, toughen up and quit being such princesses.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 02:08:32 am by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline corbe

« Reply #179 on: May 24, 2017, 02:08:32 am »
Looks like open war on our fellow TBR'ers.

**nononono*

There does seem to be a lot of pent-up aggression being released amongst members last day or two, particularly since the Manchester Bombing @Sanguine     
   We have been reminded again of this invasion by moslem hordes and are all justifiably worried and praying for our British cousins to find a way back to the Churchillian in all of them.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #180 on: May 24, 2017, 02:12:28 am »
Thank you for your compliment.
@INVAR

So, a person doing a personal attack on you.  You are a stalwart of the faith and smart along with it.  Ignore the barbs.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #181 on: May 24, 2017, 02:19:15 am »
 :pigs fly: :pigs fly: :pigs fly:
@INVAR

So, a person doing a personal attack on you.  You are a stalwart of the faith and smart along with it.  Ignore the barbs.
:pigs fly:

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #182 on: May 24, 2017, 02:35:37 am »
LOL!  How does not supporting Trump and continuing to hold values translate into "clutching hatred to my bosom??"  What a ridiculous thing to say.  What an utterly ridiculous thing to say.
You're not going to have any success in changing our values, nor shutting us up, so perhaps you should put all of us on "Ignore" and save yourself the aggravation and save us the condescension that you can't seem to control.
@musiclady

I put "her" on "Ignore" as it is a waste of time to read her caustic personal attack comments.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #183 on: May 24, 2017, 02:39:17 am »
@musiclady

I put "her" on "Ignore" as it is a waste of time to read her caustic personal attack comments.

We're old friends, so I keep hoping that she'll come around. :shrug:

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #184 on: May 24, 2017, 02:44:49 am »
Some of these posts remind me of the truism, "How often the good is forsaken in search of the perfect". There is a myth (mostly promulgated by somatotonics) that the only battles worth fighting are the ones in which absolute victory may be attained.

soooorrrry, There is no way in which a reflexive liar and boorish ass can be framed as 'good'. you are asking me to set aside every principle I have fought for for the last thirty years to defend a man who is absolutely the antithesis of those very principles.

To defend a liar against lies goes directly against Just Cause, and is also against the common sense of Just Desserts.

See, to be a Democrat and align one's self with them requires absolutely no morality whatsoever. So encouraging conservatives to "stand up for their principles" is essentially encouraging them to stand down from action, which suits leftist just fine.

The resident democrat is incidental. The problem you are having is finding a single principled thing to hang your war upon. Defending the left from the left for the sake of nothing more than team spirit, is not only the opposite of a principled stand, it is repugnant.

The only guarantee of failure is to refuse to try. Much of the rhetoric from anti-Trumpsters comes down to powerful arguments in favor of refusing to act. How heroic.

Next time, elect a Conservative.

« Reply #185 on: May 24, 2017, 02:54:13 am »
Next time, elect a Conservative. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #186 on: May 24, 2017, 02:55:50 am »
LOL!  You never cease to amuse @Emjay........ even when what you say is bonkers.

Your argument here proves my point.  Your condescending post included me, and I was right to respond to it.

I rest my case.

Thanks.

And shalom!   :patriot:

You rest your case???  After I begged you not to post to me again.

You are one sick Music Lady.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #187 on: May 24, 2017, 02:57:17 am »
We've been divided for decades now.... especially for the past eight years.  It seems that for "some" folks.... there is nothing dire enough or critical enough for the future of this nation that will make them come about and stand united against the leftists. 

You and I generally see eye to eye on things, so I won't accuse you.

But your argument doesn't hold. Assisting leftist Republicans in a turf war with leftist Democrats is not something I will ever stand united for. There is no cause in it for me to defend.

In fact, it is better to let them go at it, and weaken each other, and I will better be able to fight whatever is left.

And that is the most tragic end result of the left's tactics of fomenting division among their opponents.

It is no leftist division being fomented. You are asking Conservatives to rise in defense of the Republican left - The very big-city fat cat elites who have turned the Republican party so far away from common sense that they don't even know what bathroom to use.

That is not only *not* in the interest of Conservatism, it is antithetical to it, no matter who wins, and especially so if the Republican left wins.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 03:20:12 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #188 on: May 24, 2017, 02:58:29 am »
Walk away @Emjay .... it appears @musiclady is one post away from one her "Let the Record Show ...." diatribes.

It ain't worth it.  Trust me.   :beer:

I know it.  But she keeps taunting me.  I have accused her of being 'sick' and I guess I am sick also as I seem to be unable to resist responding to her diatribes.

Maybe I'll just block her.  I hate to block and I have only one person blocked right now but ...

Offline musiclady

« Reply #189 on: May 24, 2017, 03:06:14 am »
I know it.  But she keeps taunting me.  I have accused her of being 'sick' and I guess I am sick also as I seem to be unable to resist responding to her diatribes.

Maybe I'll just block her.  I hate to block and I have only one person blocked right now but ...

@Emjay - I came back to apologize to you.  I could see that you were angry, and I kept poking at you, and that wasn't right.

I enjoy going toe to toe with a sarcastic person, but I should have known to quit, and I didn't.

I'm sorry.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 03:26:13 am by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #190 on: May 24, 2017, 03:19:35 am »
And y'all are too superior to get down onto the field of battle and fight at his side because he's not perfect, in your eyes....No, the problem lies not in our president nor in our stars, it lies in yourselves....for thinking your too pure to mingle with us impure street fighters...

It has nothing to do with 'purity'.

You people made us the enemy.  You told us to shut up, and get out of your party and that your candidate/prez did not need, nor did he want us, our help or our presence. 

You continually demonstrate your abject hatred for the principles and beliefs that we hold sacred, and treat them in the same exact manner that the radical Leftists do, if not moreso.

Therefore, we have no obligation, nor any reason to get down in the 'field of battle' with you.  We obviously have nothing in common in which to fight for.  You have beset upon us with as vicious the spittle as we would expect from a Godless Marxist.

No sir.  We do not trust you at all number one.   

Number two - we choose to fight the war on a different battlefield with different leaders and weapons.

You go do that voodoo that you do so well.  I'm not part of your movement anymore and do not fight for the same things.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

« Reply #191 on: May 24, 2017, 03:24:57 am »
The problem is that I can counter all your diatribes with rational, humorous responses, and you don't like it.

Nonetheless, I'm done here.   See you when you've calmed down, and we'll talk.....

RUN! @Emjay .... and don't look back!   88devil

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #192 on: May 24, 2017, 03:38:52 am »
It has nothing to do with 'purity'.

You people made us the enemy.  You told us to shut up, and get out of your party and that your candidate/prez did not need, nor did he want us, our help or our presence. No one can "make" you into anything. You should read the Dahli Llama's Art of Happiness....you are what you choose to be, so if you are feeling left out or unneeded that's because you chose to be such.

You continually demonstrate your abject hatred for the principles and beliefs that we hold sacred, and treat them in the same exact manner that the radical Leftists do, if not moreso. Hate...no. Disturbed by those who see god as a brutal monster rather than the loving being he is...sure.

Therefore, we have no obligation, nor any reason to get down in the 'field of battle' with you.  We obviously have nothing in common in which to fight for.  You have beset upon us with as vicious the spittle as we would expect from a Godless Marxist. Did someone get their widdle feewings hurt when Ted lost? Point of order, I'm a wild eyed capitalist AND I commune with god daily...she's a peach!

No sir.  We do not trust you at all number one.   Likewise, its never wise to trust a moral narcissist...they are too into themselves.

Number two - we choose to fight the war on a different battlefield with different leaders and weapons.If by battlefiedl you mean hiding in your mom's basement...well...if that's where you choose to fight so be it, but it looks more like surrender.

You go do that voodoo that you do so well.  I'm not part of your movement anymore and do not fight for the same things. No, you're part of the movement that fiddled while the Radical Left took over this great nation.

Quite frankly, this fight against the Left requires people with fortitude and courage...the kind of men and women ready to fight against the grotesque bias and misinformation being streamed at us on a daily basis. Those who'd prefer to run and hide in their bunker, or think they're too "pure" to fight alongside the rest of us conservatives/GOP'rs...are of no use in this battle. Such snowflakes would only melt when the heat was on.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #193 on: May 24, 2017, 03:53:45 am »
Quite frankly, this fight against the Left requires people with fortitude and courage...

More importantly, it requires people with integrity who are willing to stand on principle.  I refuse to support the actions of anyone taking the liberal position just because that person happens to have recently placed an 'R' beside his name.

When Trump does something Conservative (e.g. nominate one Conservative judge), I will support him.  But when he does something liberal (e.g. oppose free trade, support federal insurance mandates, etc.), then I will not support him.

Signed,

#NeverLiberal
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #194 on: May 24, 2017, 04:25:15 am »
No one can "make" you into anything.

That's hilariously funny coming from someone who has made all the assertions you just levied. 

Hate...no. Disturbed by those who see god as a brutal monster

You have made it quite clear the you are more 'disturbed' by Christians who believe in and live by scripture that you have declared bogus, than by the Leftists you pretend to be at war with.

Likewise, its never wise to trust a moral narcissist

Appreciate the advice, although I am already wise to such persons as yourself thank you.

If by battlefiedl you mean hiding in your mom's basement...well...if that's where you choose to fight so be it

YES, I want you to keep and maintain that image and perception of me.  It's perfect!  Love it!

No, you're part of the movement that fiddled while the Radical Left took over this great nation.

*Yawn*.  Yes.  All the years spent in the trenches in Cook County, IL as a GOP Precinct captain - banging down doors for Reagan on up through Clinton in Hillary's home town and all the money and time I spent -  was just fiddling while the Radical Left took the country over.

Yesiree, your declarations are as mindless and hollow as your head.

Quite frankly, this fight against the Left requires people with fortitude and courage...the kind of men and women ready to fight against the grotesque bias and misinformation being streamed at us on a daily basis.

Knock your socks off and show us all how it's done there bub.  As of now, the only thing you have demonstrated fortitude and courage doing is waging war on Conservatives whose principles and religious beliefs you despise and hate.

That's it.  You haven't done diddly squat otherwise except cast a vote for a lifelong NYC Liberal Democrat and engage in mind-boggling feats of pretzel logic and shaming tactics designed to cover up your leader's lack of discipline, character and pettiness.

Those who'd prefer to run and hide in their bunker, or think they're too "pure" to fight alongside the rest of us conservatives/GOP'rs...are of no use in this battle.

Choosing to fight the Left with a lifelong NYC liberal Leftist and inventing new ways to excuse that which infuriated them just a year ago when Obama did them - is truly an eye-opening lesson in imbecility.

Such snowflakes would only melt when the heat was on.

Right.  We're melting from your heat. 
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #195 on: May 24, 2017, 05:27:11 am »
RUN! @Emjay .... and don't look back!   88devil

Yes, in spite of a certain person's conviction that she wins because of her cleverness, I shall refrain from engaging her in the future.  She is one strange lady.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #196 on: May 24, 2017, 05:34:16 am »
[...]ready to fight against the grotesque bias and misinformation being streamed at us on a daily basis.

I would find it extremely hypocritical to defend the man against 'grotesque bias and misinformation' when that is exactly his own technique, the use of which put him where  he is.

I would think it hard to wrap myself in falsified integrity for such a fleeting purpose.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #197 on: May 24, 2017, 06:40:44 am »
I can remember when TBR was an interesting site where people exchanged ideas.

Things change.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #198 on: May 24, 2017, 11:16:36 am »
EMJAY   Why not take a time out.  Enjoy your family and leave the rest of us in peace.  Your constant disparaging of anyone with whom you disagree is exhausting.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #199 on: May 24, 2017, 11:26:13 am »
EMJAY   Why not take a time out.  Enjoy your family and leave the rest of us in peace.  Your constant disparaging of anyone with whom you disagree is exhausting.

@Rivergirl

The 'problem' here is NOT @Emjay    :laugh:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald