Author Topic: BREAKING>>>NYT...Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation  (Read 9845 times)

Offline Hoodat

Fox News has apparently confirmed the existence of the memo.

The memo along with 75 cents will buy you a soda.

There could be a video of Trump telling Comey to end the investigation while wearing pink pumps and an ankle bracelet, and there still wouldn't be a damn thing illegal about it.

Next, we'll be hearing that George W. Bush obstructed justice when he ordered his staff not to pursue charges against the Clintonistas who trashed the Executive office.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

You mean, there IS a memo written by one party that says the president "hoped" the FBI would finish the investigation?

Great Scott!!!!

That memo means nothing, because the president "hoping" does not violate the law or impede an investigation. So the whole thing is just plain stupid, because even if the memo exists and says what it is reputed to say...nothing wrong has been done, nor does the memo even assert that it has. It simply says the president "hopes" for something.

I agree with you @Mesaclone FBI Memos from fired FBI Directors mean nothing when you have a prestigious US Law Firm in America, with Branches in Moscow, issuing 'Certified letters'. 
   I can't help but laugh and make fun in spite of the seriousness of all this $hit coming down on him in rapid fire because the alternative, crying about the shambles of this Administration to respond/address this is devastating.
   It's my Country too, you know?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

The memo along with 75 cents will buy you a soda.

So the memos are worth a quarter!!! Last time I used a vending machine the Coke cost me $1.

Offline Hoodat

So the memos are worth a quarter!!! Last time I used a vending machine the Coke cost me $1.

You got ripped off.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

@Frank Cannon goes to different Coke Machines

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

@Frank Cannon goes to different Coke Machines

Might explain why the price was so high...

Offline Rivergirl

Quote from DT, jr.
The only reason my father wanted to end the investigation into Flynn was because Flynn was a good guy.
Sunk by his own son's truth telling.  A rare occurrence........

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
You mean, there IS a memo written by one party that says the president "hoped" the FBI would finish the investigation?

Great Scott!!!!

That memo means nothing, because the president "hoping" does not violate the law or impede an investigation. So the whole thing is just plain stupid, because even if the memo exists and says what it is reputed to say...nothing wrong has been done, nor does the memo even assert that it has. It simply says the president "hopes" for something.

If Comey even so much as suspected that Trump was trying to obstruct justice it was his obligation to report that to congress and as far as I know he never did that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jarhead

If Comey even so much as suspected that Trump was trying to obstruct justice it was his obligation to report that to congress and as far as I know he never did that!

He said he never felt pressure from anyone sooooo there's that

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mesaclone

Quote from DT, jr.
The only reason my father wanted to end the investigation into Flynn was because Flynn was a good guy.
Sunk by his own son's truth telling.  A rare occurrence........

What are we all missing here...how does Trump wanting the investigation to end "sink him"?
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Jarhead

What are we all missing here...how does Trump wanting the investigation to end "sink him"?

It doesn't and quite frankly would question the legal intelligence of anyone saying it. Maybe even common sense intelligence

Offline anubias

It doesn't and quite frankly would question the legal intelligence of anyone saying it. Maybe even common sense intelligence

Just plain intelligence pretty much covers it.