Author Topic: BREAKING>>>NYT...Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation  (Read 9873 times)

geronl

This happened in Feb...why didn't Comey tell Congress...possible blackmail.

If true Trump did not order Comey to stop the investigation...just said *I hope you can let it go*

New calls for SP...

If this constant drama keeps up we will lose the House and Senate.

If it's true, trying to cover it up is a bigger crime than the original one.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@Bigun Pinging you to something on the IT contractors flowers posted. Know you've been following that sorry tale.

Thanks my brother!  Sorry tale it is and I  hope we eventually get to the bottom of it and send some very deserving people to prison for a long time!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rivergirl

New info that DT asked Flynn to imprison reporters who revealed classified information
The irony here is................

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

And that is what will cost us the house and senate along with the White House.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 11:52:28 am by Cripplecreek »

Offline kevindavis007

Something something NeverTrumpers are happy about this blah blah...

Truth be told, if this is true, I won't be happy...
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline kevindavis007

And that is what will cost us the house and senate along with the White House.

:amen:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline DiogenesLamp

The Dem plan is to drive down poll numbers to the point that the Repubs will be glad to start impeachment proceedings.....then if that is a success they will start attacking Pres Pence....the Repubs never learn that it isn't really about the *man*..it's about power.

And the media are the army for those in the Washington/New York axis of power.     Yes,  it's about power.   It always was. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline flowers

@Bigun here are a couple more links. This story is massive.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-04/meet-awan-brothers-not-russian-it-staff-who-allegedly-hacked-congress-computer-syste

http://investmentwatchblog.com/the-awan-brothers-compromised-at-least-80-congregational-computers-and-got-paid-5-million-to-do-it-we-may-never-know-the-extent-of-the-breach/

also the rumor is these awan brothers are related to huma. have you read that info Bigun? The info on that is at a site that is down right now, but if you haven't heard that and I get the info, would you like the link to it?  @Bigun

Offline SirLinksALot

Here are a few questions that come to mind as I read about these events:

In his testimony to congress, deputy FBI director Andrew McCabe was asked if President Trump has interfered in the Russia investigation. McCabe said that if he did, he (McCabe) would be obligated to notify Congress because they have oversight. McCabe also said that there has been no effort to impede the investigation by the President to date.

Now, if Trump did actively try to impede Comey's investigation (e.g. Flynn ), Comey is obligated to notify Congress if such an attempt was made to stop the Flynn investigation according to what McCabe said.

If Comey did not report such conduct by the President to Congress, doesn't it show that the President did no such thing? Comey has a lot to answer for as to why he did not report the interference in a timely manner. So, the question is WHY DIDN'T HE?

Also regarding this memo:  "Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation",

The "asking" could be in the following possible forms

1)  "I hope you can set aside the Flynn investigation"

This is different from telling him:

2)  "You better set aside the Flynn investigation OR ELSE...."

or

3) "I am commanding you as your boss to lay off Flynn".

Which one was it?

Is the first one considered obstructing an investigation?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 02:32:37 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline libertybele

Correct me if I'm understanding things wrong here, but isn't the NY Times reporting a story from any anonymous source who stated that there was a memo? Has the NY times actually seen the memo and verified the accuracy of the anonymous source?

The NY Times has leaked 'fake news' before...just sayin'.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 02:38:32 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline SirLinksALot

Correct me if I'm understanding things wrong here, but isn't the NY Times reporting a story from any anonymous source who stated that there was a memo? Has the NY times actually seen the memo and verified the accuracy of the anonymous source?

The NY Times has leaked 'fake news' before...just sayin'.

It's hard to tell what is true and what is fake unless Comey himself testifies. So far, he has refused to do so.

Offline skeeter

It's hard to tell what is true and what is fake unless Comey himself testifies. So far, he has refused to do so.

Why compel him to testify when so much political mileage can be had by just letting the implication hang out there.

Offline SirLinksALot

Some more thoughts ....

Apparently The conversation documented by the memo took place in February this year, and we are only now learning about the memo and Comey’s purported belief that Trump was improperly trying to influence the investigation–a claim that Comey apparently was willing to keep to himself as long as he was retained as FBI Director.

If that was the case, and it looks like it ( otherwise, why wait till now to reveal the memo ?), I see only these possibilities:

1) Comey did not believe Trump was trying to influence the Flynn investigation

or

2)  Comey acted improperly by not doing or saying anything about the alleged attempt  after it happened. If Trump asked him to do something inappropriate, he should have reported it by informing the Senate Intelligence Committee of Trump’s alleged statement.

The Libs could of course argue that Comey was afraid the details of his conversation with Trump might influence the investigation. If so, Comey should have resigned in protest.

Regardless of what Comey did or did not do, we would end up in the same place that we are at right now. However, Comey would have had the moral high ground and credibility. Yet, he did nothing. WHY?

Offline Jarhead

Re: NYT...Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation
« Reply #113 on: May 17, 2017, 03:04:00 pm »
Unlike the the Russian leak story, this one is verifyable, and you can bet your bottom dollar Comey will receive a subpoena to testify. If true an obstruction of justice  charge, linked to the firing of Comey is the perfect storm for an impeachment.

I'm still waiting for what that obstruction of Justice is however.

Flynn has been charged with nothing
No information has come out that Flynn did anything criminal
Acting AG testified "she felt" he could have been compromised
All who have been asked thus far Trump is not under investigation

This is what democrats do best stir up the air of scandal with no evidence or proof of anything that that ever happened.

Yet we are still no closer to knowing who the felony leakers are/have been and are no closer to prosecuting the real crime committed by Hillary and Obama.  This is what a coup looks like

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
A memo written after the meeting relayed by an anonymous third party. No context, no recording, basically hearsay.

A possible context is that Comey and Trump talked about Flynn, the Russians, and the election and Comey had bumpkis, yet wanted to go all Don Quixote anyway. If I were Trump I'd probably say the same thing so the guy wouldn't embarrass himself further.

Of course the media isn't even giving the pretext of trying to find context.

The Republic is lost.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #115 on: May 17, 2017, 03:07:10 pm »
I'm still waiting for what that obstruction of Justice is however.

Flynn has been charged with nothing
No information has come out that Flynn did anything criminal
Acting AG testified "she felt" he could have been compromised
All who have been asked thus far Trump is not under investigation

This is what democrats do best stir up the air of scandal with no evidence or proof of anything that that ever happened.

Yet we are still no closer to knowing who the felony leakers are/have been and are no closer to prosecuting the real crime committed by Hillary and Obama.  This is what a coup looks like

At most Flynn is guilty of disclosure violations which are almost never prosecuted.

But you know this doesn't matter to the participants in this coup.

Offline Jarhead

I'm still waiting for someone to point out what crime? To date no crime has been committed or evidence produced a crime was commuted in order to cover

Thus far there's and has been no there there

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Self inflicted.

Offline kevindavis007

Trump needs to do one of the two things....

1. Hold a press conference....
2. Address the country

No tweeting

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Trump needs to do one of the two things....

1. Hold a press conference....
2. Address the country

No tweeting

I would advise against the press conference and 'no tweeting' is probably not gonna fly.

Addressing the country would be fine but the press would tear it apart.

Trump has really done nothing in this current controversy.  He may or may not have made an offhand remark to Comey ... neither one being wrong or actionable.

What needs to happen is for Republican Congresspersons to speak up in defense of their president.  McCain and Graham have no problem speaking and the press has no problem at all reporting their ridiculous remarks.

We need some respected leaders to speak up about this whole fiasco of daily press attacks on Trump.

I wish Ted Cruz would lead the charge.  He has risen above all the slurs Trump made against him and been a real asset to Trump in getting the agenda passed.

Trump should not have to be alone in defending himself.  This is war.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
  @Emjay

I love pictures of Reagan doing anything, especially laughing.

But this is no laughing matter.

Offline beandog

I would advise against the press conference and 'no tweeting' is probably not gonna fly.

Addressing the country would be fine but the press would tear it apart.

Trump has really done nothing in this current controversy.  He may or may not have made an offhand remark to Comey ... neither one being wrong or actionable.

What needs to happen is for Republican Congresspersons to speak up in defense of their president.  McCain and Graham have no problem speaking and the press has no problem at all reporting their ridiculous remarks.

We need some respected leaders to speak up about this whole fiasco of daily press attacks on Trump.

I wish Ted Cruz would lead the charge.  He has risen above all the slurs Trump made against him and been a real asset to Trump in getting the agenda passed.

Trump should not have to be alone in defending himself.  This is war.
:amen:

Offline Idiot

« Reply #123 on: May 17, 2017, 05:32:54 pm »
Pencil Neck {Schiff} is all over Fox.....investigation..blah blah blah

I think Trump better call a news conference soon the MSM is eating him alive with all these allegations..
Please reset the Trump Impeachment clock to August.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #124 on: May 17, 2017, 05:45:41 pm »
Please reset the Trump Impeachment clock to August.

I don't know where you had it set before but Trump will not be impeached.  There are no grounds and it would be a sad thing if it happened.

What is true is that he can be weakened to the point where his influence on Congress is lost and he can't get his agenda through.  He didn't have total influence before but ...

It's not a good thing to talk impeachment ... not for conservatives anyway.

And, please, please, please ... do not 20 people jump on this post to say Trump is not a conservative.  He's the most conservative president we have right now.