Author Topic: ‘I Have a Certified Letter!’: Trump Reveals to Lester Holt What Will Clear Him on Russia  (Read 2962 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
There were quite a few memorable moments in NBC News’ one-on-one interview with President Donald Trump that aired tonight. He talked about how he was thinking about the Russia/Trump “made up story” that was on his mind when he fired FBI Director James Comey. He mentioned how good a person Michael Flynn is. He discussed how his “great” conversation with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov could lead to international peace.

And he brought up how a certified letter he has should clear things up when it comes to his ties to Russia.

It was reported prior to the interview that the White House was having a law firm prepare a certified letter that would show that Trump currently has no business links with Russia. The letter would then be delivered to Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC).

Tonight, he informed Lester Holt that he now has said letter and it’s been given to Graham.

“I just sent a letter from Lindsey Graham from one of the most prestigious law firms in the country that I have nothing to do with Russia,” the President said.

More plus video clip (so yes, he DID say this): http://www.mediaite.com/online/i-have-a-certified-letter-trump-reveals-to-lester-holt-what-will-clear-him-on-russia/

Wasn't going to bother posting this until someone pointed out that the law firm which prepared the letter was .....

Drumroll please .....

Russia Law Firm of the Year, 2016

So yeah. Good going, there. Well done.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Wow.  We're living in a John Le Carre novel.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
He is going to have a problem. Like is often the case, it isn't the action that gets you, but the lies about it. If what his letter says is 100% true, then he has lied in the past, before this campaign, about even casually working with some in Russia and his sons have lied in a couple of articles about 'a lot of money flowing in from Russia'.

His extreme level of protest over this really does make one wonder.  It is not a big deal if he has some ties to Russia, it would be expected in his business (and as said, something he has bragged about and discussed before). So the overt and loud denials are counterproductive.

Offline WhatWouldReaganDo

Well, Trump is certifiable...
Down the centuries, you have slurred the meaning of the words, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty, to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution". These words and the words that follow, were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone, or they mean nothing! - James Tiberius Kirk

Offline skeeter

Wouldn't it be better if the law firm trump chose to prepare a letter certifying he has no russia ties actually be a law firm involved with Russia? Just a thought.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
My head is spinning....I can't keep up..lol 9999what
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rivergirl

Then there was the qualification...........with few exceptions.

Then there is the issue of companies that are without the Trump name but never the less.........

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline corbe

BIG CAVEAT *with few exceptions  what the hell?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Respectfully @corbe ... read the damn letter I just posted.

Offline corbe

With Love from Russia @Right_in_Virginia I read the Letter hours ago when it first appeared in the MSM and *with a few exceptions is all most people are concentrating on, another big FAIL. 

As was mentioned earlier the cover up was what kick started WaterGate, and I am in no way implying that Trump has unethical connections with the Russians but his huge carcass splashing around in the kiddie pool is making matters much, much worse.

Also as mentioned earlier if we have this CF over something as trivial as this (Comey should have been FIRED!), forbid something on a grand scale happens to our Country on his watch.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Curious? What is your objection to business dealings with Russia?

Do you remember when ending the Cold War, was discussed in terms of business and commerce, and how that was a substitute for wars? Helsinki? Reagan?

Same concepts, discussion applied to China btw. Nixon, Kissinger?

The "exceptions" are numbered 1-3 in the memo, and can be explained if you need that.

We remain in a condition, whereby everyday the #nevertrumps share the exact talking points with the democrats and crooked media.

Today is Russia for both. Tomorrow after both pick up their talking points, we will start anew.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

Chaos every day for four years unless he is impeached or takes his toys and goes home.

. . ./  We remain in a condition, whereby everyday the #nevertrumps share the exact talking points with the democrats and crooked media.

Share the talking points from democrats and crooked media  @truth_seeker ?  I'm starting to think the NTs are the authors.

Wouldn't it be better if the law firm trump chose to prepare a letter certifying he has no russia ties actually be a law firm involved with Russia? Just a thought.

Welcome to the global marketplace @skeeter   Morgan Lewis is operating in 28 national and international cities.   :whistle:

Offline corbe

A Trump 'Certified letter' reminded me of this.

Offline cato potatoe

Again with the comfort letters.  If his supporters are dumb enough to believe his 1970-2015 returns are under continual audit, this is probably the most transparency we will ever get.

Offline corbe

Again with the comfort letters.  If his supporters are dumb enough to believe his 1970-2015 returns are under continual audit, this is probably the most transparency we will ever get.

Unless he fires koskinen.

Offline Lando Lincoln

Regardless of your point of view, I can't imagine a more exhausting figure.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

A CERTIFIED letter?  Well that ends that then.

Offline libertybele

There is way too much attention being given to this and it all started with accusations from the Clinton campaign of Trump hacking the election and colluding with the Russians.   So ... in the meantime when no one's looking, what's really going on?

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Oceander

What an idiot.   

Offline goodwithagun

Ahh. Now it's clear as mud. Boxer was taken to the vet afterall. The vet had simply forgotten to paint over the sign when he bought the cart from the glue factory.  22222frying pan
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Lando Lincoln

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck