Author Topic: Bill Nye The Gaffe Guy: His 7 Most Cringeworthy Moments  (Read 504 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Bill Nye The Gaffe Guy: His 7 Most Cringeworthy Moments
« on: April 29, 2017, 05:30:21 pm »
...4. Bill Nye The Jail Climate Skeptics Guy

Some of Nye’s controversial moments predate his new TV show.

Last year, he suggested during a video interview that throwing “deniers” of global warming in prison was an understandable and perhaps sensible idea.

Nye was asked by Committee for a Constructive Tomorrow (CFACT) interviewer Marc Morano if he agrees with other green activists that the government should throw global warming skeptics into jail as criminals.

“Well, we’ll see what happens,” Nye replied. “Was it appropriate to jail the guys from Enron? Was it appropriate to jail people from the cigarette industry who insisted that this addictive product was not addictive, and so on?”

Nye was being interviewed for “Climate Hustle,” an upcoming documentary film skeptical of global warming that premieres nationwide next month.

When asked if his proposal would prevent scientists with alternative ideas from publishing their research, Nye responded, “That there is a chilling effect on scientists who are in extreme doubt about climate change — I think is good.”...

Read more at: http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/29/bill-nye-the-gaffe-guy-his-7-most-cringeworthy-moments/
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

Re: Bill Nye The Gaffe Guy: His 7 Most Cringeworthy Moments
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 06:32:02 pm »
From the article...
 “Was it appropriate to jail the guys from Enron? Was it appropriate to jail people from the cigarette industry who insisted that this addictive product was not addictive, and so on?”

Not comparable.

Enron, for example, deliberately misled investors and such

Nye is talking about criminalizing disagreement
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Bill Nye The Gaffe Guy: His 7 Most Cringeworthy Moments
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 07:23:53 pm »
Nye is talking about criminalizing disagreement

Disagreement with him.  If he was the one on the outs, he wouldn't be so strident.  Of curse, that's a moot point, people like him are never "on the outs" because he's a follower, not a leader.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: